[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Eagles Game Thread

Chief Dick

Eagles offense look just a bit over matched. It will only get worse as the game goes on. Then again, the Giants cant get any rhythm offensively either, but I dont see Eli presured like Vick. Its only a matter of time before Vick turns it over a couple times.

Also, I will continue to enjoy my Franziskaner (sp?) Hefe-Wiesse.

Edited by Joessfl

The Giants butchered the last 3 minutes of that game IMO.

1. They should have used their TO's BEFORE the 2 minute warning. That would have left the Eagles kicking the FG with 2 minutes left instead of 1:52 left. 8 seconds a huge deal...no, but they matter in that situation. Dumb.

2. To run on 1st down when they got down to the 27 was stupid. That took away any time to make up for a mistake (like an offensive PI call). It also means you are 100% playing for a FG.

3. Which leads to # 3. To run on 1st down, pretty much saying we are playing for a FG, and then have Eli throw to the EZ doesn't add up. They should have either slipped another run in there OR done something short to pick up 4/5 more yards. Then spiked it, and kicked the FG. Now no one expects an offensive PI call, but you are taking a risk by throwing to the EZ there when the 1st down call said we are playing for a FG.

4. After Tynes was wide and short on the first FG prior to the TO, I would have said he can't reach it. Low % kick. We have 15 seconds (23 would have been better... :)), let's try a quick out route to pick up a few more yards. Sure it is risky, but with Eli in there I think you take the chance. I would have taken the chance that Eli makes a smart play to gain a few more yards after seeing Tynes miss the first kick badly.

So we 100% butchered the last 3 minutes IMO. Awful job. With that said Philly played a smart pretty clean game. We made many mistakes, next time Osi sets the edge call me, and Philly took advantage and played well and deserved to win. 100% credit to the Eagles. Good for you guys. We are now a game back, but also 0-2 in the division. Not a good place to be 4 weeks in. A lot of season left though. What worries me is our secondary is a joke now with all the injuries, and who knows on Phillips. Very scary looking forward with our secondary.

Edited by giantsfan

I think in general giantsfan laments the demise of the run and shoot offense.

Actually I think teams should play to their strengths. Not sure where I said the Giants should play no huddle and throw all the time. I must have missed that.

If you can't understand that teams should play to their strengths, then we have nothing further to discuss. If you think Detroit should keep playing the style of O they are, then I guess we agree to disagree. I use last season as exhibit A. But I digress. I think all teams should plat run and shoot. Well said...

And BTW...I said after the run on 1st down they should have thrown a short pass or simply run again. Not sure how that = run and shoot. I may have run again on 2nd down after they decided to play for the FG by running on 1st down. Pick up a few more yards, spike the ball, kick the FG.

Edited by giantsfan