[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboyz1

SEC=UGA

The Cowboys should throw lots of money at Bill Cowher and have Jerry turn over control of player personnel to him. I know it won't happen, but, that would be a recipe for success, in my opinion.

Lets hope the D coordinator, running game and D that made Cowher look so good comes with him

Romo is PART of the problem. Forgetting about the front office and the coaching staff for a moment the OL is biggest problem. As long as you have Romo running for his life he will switch in to desperation mode and make bad decisions. If Romo had the protection that Brady has I suspect you'd see a Romo that was more poised and made fewer mistakes.

That problem is compounded by a defense that is inconsistent at best. Ryan was supposed to be the savior of this defense and I have yet to see evidence that he can get them to perform consistently good let alone consistently excellent.

Then the last significant problem is all the stupid penalties.

So breaking it down:

1) Offensive line sucks and can't protect Romo

2) Romo under pressure tries too hard and makes stupid mistakes

3) Romo under pressure playing from behind makes even more stupid mistakes

4) Offensive penalties kill drives

5) A defense that is average at best is on the field too long because the offense can't drive the ball

6) Since the offense can't seem to put points on the board the defense is always in the position of having to make a stop to prevent the opponent from scoring ... again. And they can't make the stop when it counts.

7) Defensive penalties extend opponent's drives

Even without discussing the problems in the head office and on the coaching staff that is a lot of issues.

[ETA]

And yes the WRs aren't without fault either. Witten made quite a few key drops in the 2nd week. Dez came up short in week 3 several times. Dez is a head case and doesn't appear to have the ability to play a full game. Dez is another example of the GM chasing pretty skill talent instead of drafting men for the trenches.

Perfectly accurate post :clap: Nailed it

:glare:

Don't feel bad. Since the G-Men won it twice, you're not really lumped in there with the Ravens, Saints and Bucs. Forgettable one-hit wonder teams that would've barely made the playoffs a decade earlier when there was real competition in the NFL.

Don't feel bad. Since the G-Men won it twice, you're not really lumped in there with the Ravens, Saints and Bucs. Forgettable one-hit wonder teams that would've barely made the playoffs a decade earlier when there was real competition in the NFL.

Giants have 7 championships.

Lets hope the D coordinator, running game and D that made Cowher look so good comes with him

:lol: Couldn't you say something similar about every successful coach ? The Steelers were AWFUL when Cowher took over.

Steelers records just prior to Cowher being hired: 7-9, 6-10, 8-7, 5-11, 9-7, 9-7, 7-9

Steelers records immediately after Cowher was hired: 11-5, 9-7, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, 11-5

The great QB, RB, WR, O-Line & Defense made Jimmy Johnson & Tom Landry look so good.

:lol: Couldn't you say something similar about every successful coach ? The Steelers were AWFUL when Cowher took over.

Steelers records just prior to Cowher being hired: 7-9, 6-10, 8-7, 5-11, 9-7, 9-7, 7-9

Steelers records immediately after Cowher was hired: 11-5, 9-7, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, 11-5

The great QB, RB, WR, O-Line & Defense made Jimmy Johnson & Tom Landry look so good.

Cowher is a great coach. He also had good ownership and front office. You need all 3 to have a realistic chance these days.

Jimmy and Tom did'nt need the referees to give them 1...

Oooh.......burn. An original one too. Major props to you !! :tup:

Edited by Menudo

You've obviously never followed a truly awful team. (Probably too young to remember the Steelers truly awful years prior to their success in the 70s.) As a Browns fan I'd be thrilled if we won 51 games over the last 7 seasons, that would be 7-8 wins a year, which is almost what we've averaged in that time.

I really hope Jimmy Haslam can bring some of what he learned while part of the Steelers to this team and bring us out of the armpit of the NFL.

You've obviously never followed a truly awful team. (Probably too young to remember the Steelers truly awful years prior to their success in the 70s.) As a Browns fan I'd be thrilled if we won 51 games over the last 7 seasons, that would be 7-8 wins a year, which is almost what we've averaged in that time.

I really hope Jimmy Haslam can bring some of what he learned while part of the Steelers to this team and bring us out of the armpit of the NFL.

I'm a fan of the team with a professional sports record 20 consecutive losing season's, so, I know what it is like to follow a truly awful team. I stand corrected, the Steelers were pretty bad in the mid/late 80's and early 90's, prior to Cowher's arrival. I was born in 1974, but, I'm well aware of how awful the Steelers were prior to their 70's run. Luckily, I wasn't around to not enjoy it. :)

As for the Browns, even as a Steelers fan, I feel bad for how awful they have been for quite some time. There have been years where they appear to be coming around, but, they always seem to fall back again.

I'm a fan of the team with a professional sports record 20 consecutive losing season's, so, I know what it is like to follow a truly awful team. I stand corrected, the Steelers were pretty bad in the mid/late 80's and early 90's, prior to Cowher's arrival. I was born in 1974, but, I'm well aware of how awful the Steelers were prior to their 70's run. Luckily, I wasn't around to not enjoy it. :)

As for the Browns, even as a Steelers fan, I feel bad for how awful they have been for quite some time. There have been years where they appear to be coming around, but, they always seem to fall back again.

Sorry I forgot you were a Pirates fan too.