[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboyz1

SEC=UGA

Ouch...........My day was going so well too. Me and my pop went fishing and he caught a 25lb late fall salmon out of the Sacramento river. Then I go and slip and break my thumb on the dock, and I end up in the only hospital wing without a tv. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Oh well, looks like the same ole boys. Win looking Great, followed by ugly loss, followed by an ugly win, backed up by an ugly loss.

My fantasy teams, suck, laden with Cowboys. I bench Marshall cause surely they will double him. Nope........I bench Witten for one more game just to see him shake it off.......He does.

Ohh boy......gonna be another one of those years.

Ouch...........My day was going so well too. Me and my pop went fishing and he caught a 25lb late fall salmon out of the Sacramento river. Then I go and slip and break my thumb on the dock, and I end up in the only hospital wing without a tv. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

Oh well, looks like the same ole boys. Win looking Great, followed by ugly loss, followed by an ugly win, backed up by an ugly loss.

My fantasy teams, suck, laden with Cowboys. I bench Marshall cause surely they will double him. Nope........I bench Witten for one more game just to see him shake it off.......He does.

Might want to update your sig there buddy.

2012Cowboys1-0

Hey, it was great while it lasted! :tup:

What, you're not going to try and get your hands on that game footage somehow and watch it? You've got a whole extra week to devote to reviewing their pathetic play and explaining how they will fix it before the next game.

Oh well, try this one on, we Browns fans have been using it for decades

:bag: "We'll get em next year"

PS You slipping and breaking something now that is an omen. If only a bear had stolen the salmon from your dad, that would have been wild.

The Cowboys should throw lots of money at Bill Cowher and have Jerry turn over control of player personnel to him. I know it won't happen, but, that would be a recipe for success, in my opinion.

Maybe someday Jerry will realize that his resume as a GM would not get him hired by any organization (probably not at any level) ... if he wasn't an owner he wouldn't have a job, period.

He desperately needs to restrict his role to being the OWNER, get a real GM and allow said GM to operate as the GM and then leave the HC alone.

+ a head coach that takes his cues from the owner?

He desperately needs to restrict his role to being the OWNER, get a real GM and allow said GM to operate as the GM and then leave the HC alone.

This should be the beginning and end of this conversation. You have a yes man for a coach and an owner with an oversized ego and NO insight into his lack of football knowledge. Any coach worth his salt - Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells - figured this out and moved right on out of Dallas.

Great stadium - too bad Jerrah didn't bother to put an actual team in it.

Maybe someday Jerry will realize that his resume as a GM would not get him hired by any organization (probably not at any level) ... if he wasn't an owner he wouldn't have a job, period.

You know I've been thinking about this some and I figure it like this. If I was Jerry and loved football like I do as he does. I would want to do it my way also. Yeah I might not be great at it but I would want to see if I could do it myself. He has done that and succeeded with Switzer. Which is were he went narcosis and where we differ.

When Jerry won with bumbling Barry he figured he was good enough to continue. Where I would have recognized those wins where a result of Jimmy Johnsons talent and coaching I then would have enjoyed my triumph and recognized others could do better and make a lazy boy out off $1000 bills and watch my team win championships. Instead he is like a crack head chasing that first high the last Superbowl which will only come in spite of him. He just understand that it takes more then he can offer to win Superbowls consistently Few have done it and few will without the right owner willing to spend money, the right coaching and the right players. Not the most talented players always but the right ones. Jerry wants to win I believe that but he has to understand that he can't meddle and attract the kind of coach and keep him.

Thing is the time team has the players they just don't have a general Patton that won't put up with BS and kicks arse when he has to and the players respect even fear. They could get hot if the line gells and the drops stop.

Its still early but I'm not seeing what I would like out of the skill positions. Nor do I understand how you can let Marshall run around the field like he's the invisible man. What the hell that was I don't get. I sat him in ff because I sad no way the let him get off. I wanna punch Ryan in his triple stomach for that crap.

Romo meh...his receivers catch the ball and run the right routes whole different game. Its like written passed his drops on to the others.

Its still early. Bye week should do them some good. Now the next 5 games will.tell the 2012 story.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You know I've been thinking about this some and I figure it like this. If I was Jerry and loved football like I do as he does. I would want to do it my way also. Yeah I might not be great at it but I would want to see if I could do it myself. He has don let that and succeeded with Switzer. This is where we differ though.

When Jerry won with bumbling Barry he figured he was good enough to continue. Where I would have recognized those wins where a result of Jimmy Johnsons talent and work ethic and enjoyed my triumph and recognized others could do better and make a lazy boy out off $1000 bills and watch my team win championships. Instead he is like a crack head chasing that first high the last superbowl, which will only come in spite of him.

Thing is the time team has the players they just don't have a general Patton that won't put up with BS and kicks arse when he has to and the players respect even fear. They could get hot if the line gells and the drops stop.

Its still early but I'm not seeing what I would like out of the skill positions. Nor do I understand how you can let Marshall run around the field like he's the invisible man. What the hell that was I don't get. I sat him in ff because I sad no way the let him get off. I wanna punch Ryan in his triple stomach for that crap.

Romo meh...his receivers catch the ball and run the right routes whole different game. Its like written passed his drops on to the others.

Its still early. Bye week should do them some good. Now the next 5 games will.tell the 2012 story.

Do you ever give Romo any blame ???

I hope your thumb is feeling better. Ouch.

Do you ever give Romo any blame ???

Absolutely, when he deserves blame I deal it out. But last night he was not he problem. I watched the all 22 coaches film and what I saw was Receivers not being where they were suppose to be AND dropping perfect passes. Yes Romo fumbled but that happens in this league. He will fumble. But the game was over after the first three turnovers. It just was. You can't give up points like that and let Chicago fall into that cover two and expect to pass your way back into the game without some picks. I don't care who you are your not going to do it. Romo has to find a way to temper his "Gotta make a play" desperation. The best play when he feels pressure on the fumble was to just give up and protect the ball like so many others do. Can't turn it over there. Can't.

But that's is precisely what makes him so good other times is he desperately wants to make a play and more often then not he does. I just don't know but he has to find a way to evaluate the situation and find a way to give up sometimes. Just go to second down for cryin out loud.

Romo is NOT the problem with this team. Without him they are 0-4 this year.

Now what I will say about Romo is he is not being patient. The last four games I have seen him chose the long pass instead of the dump off or the short pass that gain 5 or 6 good yards. You can watch Brady and he will take 5 yards for 10 plays in a row if that's all your going to give him. Then when you come up to take that away then he kills you deep. I wish I could show him that style of play because he could be awesome if he took the check down if it's there.

It's 4 games in a 16 game season. We'll see but if the line gives him confidence and just a bit more time Slip will be Slip.

65%< completion rate, 4300+ yards, 35 TD's a less then 7 picks the rest of the way. The O line will settle in and Murray will get going at least better then 40 yards per game. I think the Bye will do them good and this loss will prove important for this next two weeks focus better then a win.

Romo is PART of the problem. Forgetting about the front office and the coaching staff for a moment the OL is biggest problem. As long as you have Romo running for his life he will switch in to desperation mode and make bad decisions. If Romo had the protection that Brady has I suspect you'd see a Romo that was more poised and made fewer mistakes.

That problem is compounded by a defense that is inconsistent at best. Ryan was supposed to be the savior of this defense and I have yet to see evidence that he can get them to perform consistently good let alone consistently excellent.

Then the last significant problem is all the stupid penalties.

So breaking it down:

1) Offensive line sucks and can't protect Romo

2) Romo under pressure tries too hard and makes stupid mistakes

3) Romo under pressure playing from behind makes even more stupid mistakes

4) Offensive penalties kill drives

5) A defense that is average at best is on the field too long because the offense can't drive the ball

6) Since the offense can't seem to put points on the board the defense is always in the position of having to make a stop to prevent the opponent from scoring ... again. And they can't make the stop when it counts.

7) Defensive penalties extend opponent's drives

Even without discussing the problems in the head office and on the coaching staff that is a lot of issues.

[ETA]

And yes the WRs aren't without fault either. Witten made quite a few key drops in the 2nd week. Dez came up short in week 3 several times. Dez is a head case and doesn't appear to have the ability to play a full game. Dez is another example of the GM chasing pretty skill talent instead of drafting men for the trenches.

Edited by Grits and Shins