[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Owners: What are we thinking now?

kidsgotsoul

Four weeks done. Solid week 1 performance but it's been a steady decline into a discouraging trend.

I was fortunate enough to have Dalton as my back-up so I can at least ride out the bye with him, but when do you start trusting Romo again? Not sure what to think. Looks like he has a combination of problems with his receivers and the line not protecting him well enough.

• Like 1

In my opinion if you're drafting Romo, you have to know what you're getting. If he's healthy, most likely he's giving you low-end QB1 numbers over the course of the season. Along the way he's going to give you big games and a few like last night. You are fortunate to have Dalton though, I'd probably go QBBC based on matchups, and lean toward benching Romo in high-pressure situations, such as a primetime game at home vs. a mediocre opponent, or any game after Dec. 1 as long as the team is still in the playoff hunt.

• Like 1

as a fantasy QB, he'll be fine. just make sure you have another option for week 15 and 16 just in case the cowboys still have something to play for, 'cause you sure don't want to be counting on him in any kind of clutch situation.

eta: or what matt said.

Edited by Azazello1313

Ugh. Round 8, Stevan Ridley goes one pick ahead of me. There's no one there I want. So I take Romo to backup Brees. QB heavy league and there were a couple teams with some bad QB situation. I couldn't wait to trade him for a solid RB when he outperformed this draft spot.

Week one came and I was riding high. I put him on the block, but no one bit. Now Romo's the only one biting.

I don't even think this guy is worth rostering for me. Going to pickup a QB from the WW with a better matchup to fill Brees' bye. No trade value. I just don't see how I drop him though.

I am still confident in Romo going forward. He has weapons around him and a coach who isn't shy about throwing the ball a ton.

His receivers don't seem to be getting the job done. If you look at last night's game, 1 of the early ints hit Ogeltree right in the hands and it popped up in the air. The first one retunred for a TD was thrown to Bryant who appeared to make an incorrect adjustment on the route when the DB jumped it. The ball was already in the air. A late pass to Austin was picked when Austin appeared to run a lazy post cutting behind the safety instead of in front.

Without knowing the play call and the adjustments, it is impossible to know if these mistakes were the WRs fault or Romo's, but I think Romo's track record leads me to believe it was his receivers. Witten didn't seem to have a problem knowing where to run and romo didn't have a problem hitting him.

Dez Bryant doesn't seem to have much football intelligence. He drops critical passes and doesn't seem to know the playbook like he should.

I think the coaching staff will use the bye week to get the QB and his receivers on the same page.

Romo will be fine. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

I am still confident in Romo going forward. He has weapons around him and a coach who isn't shy about throwing the ball a ton.

His receivers don't seem to be getting the job done. If you look at last night's game, 1 of the early ints hit Ogeltree right in the hands and it popped up in the air. The first one retunred for a TD was thrown to Bryant who appeared to make an incorrect adjustment on the route when the DB jumped it. The ball was already in the air. A late pass to Austin was picked when Austin appeared to run a lazy post cutting behind the safety instead of in front.

Without knowing the play call and the adjustments, it is impossible to know if these mistakes were the WRs fault or Romo's, but I think Romo's track record leads me to believe it was his receivers. Witten didn't seem to have a problem knowing where to run and romo didn't have a problem hitting him.

Dez Bryant doesn't seem to have much football intelligence. He drops critical passes and doesn't seem to know the playbook like he should.

I think the coaching staff will use the bye week to get the QB and his receivers on the same page.

Romo will be fine. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Dez was awful. No question about that.

But to put it all on Romo's receivers is silly. His shovel pass pick 6 was atrocious. His 5th pick was thrown behind the receiver (Austin I think). He also overthrew a wide open Austin in the 3rd quarter for what should have been a TD - that would have made a game of it.

But to put it all on Romo's receivers is silly. His shovel pass pick 6 was atrocious. His 5th pick was thrown behind the receiver (Austin I think). He also overthrew a wide open Austin in the 3rd quarter for what should have been a TD - that would have made a game of it.

Dude, you can't blame Romo. All that he needs to lead his team to the promised land is better blocking from his o-line, better receivers, a better running game and for the Cowboys to have a better defense.

I think Romo will be a good fantasy QB. He's throwing the ball 40 times he should get 300 yds every game. I would think going forward he would average about 2 tds a game which is all you can ask for from a low end QB1. He might throw 1 but he could throw 3 also. I would have someone backing up for a tough matchup, like this one where I started Shaub instead. Romo did well for me last year and helped me get to the Championship game.....

...until he broke his vagina against the Eagles in week 16 and cost me and thousands of other owners the league championship. :(

Yeah I'm sort of stuck with Romo at this point so the most I can hope for is a turn-around. It's the turnovers that are killing me. I could care less about their success as a team, but his interceptions and fumbles aren't doing anything for me.

Until then I'll ride out Dalton as long as I can.

They haven't been consistently on the same page for years and I find it very hard to believe a bye week is going to change that.

Goes without saying a new owner would not keep Jerah as the GM.

And as long as he is the owner he will be GM. So only way to get your change is a new owner.

He can stay as owner, just hire an actual GM and let him handle GM duties without sticking his own nose in it.

Romo's production will pick up. The OL is bad and will be a drag on the offense. But while the OL is a drag on the passing game, it's a killer for the Dallas run game. As Witten gets stronger and the coaching staff sorts Dez Bryant (who I also own to regular heartburn) out, better days will be there for Romo.

However, I also drafted RGIII and have been starting him over Romo beginning with Week 2. I can afford to be patient on Romo for now.

Calm down everyone. Let's really take a look at this. The O line has just completed playing it's fourth game together. Left tackle Smith, second year rookie switching from right to left, Costa out the second snap of the 1st week, Cook comes in signed basically during warmups. Two new guards signed off the street, one missed all camp with a hip and the other out most of camp with a leg injury. So their first game together was Giants.

Now, they played pretty well last night but after three weeks of penalties, almost getting Romo killed has changed the clock in Romo's head. Has too.

So let's take a look at the picks.

Pick 1. Romo comes up to the line see's the safety coming on a blitz. Points him out to Dez basically saying "Yo Dumbass, yeah you see that don't you". Dez nods, Yeah Tony I see him". Then at the snap, Dez inexplicably runs a stop and go despite basically telling Romo, (insert baby hughy's voice) "Ok Tony if he comes, I'll run a stop route for ya". Pick 6

Now Tony should have punched him right in the head instead of showing him how to run a stop route, DEZ jam your forearm into the DB to create space then catch the darn ball that's on it's way to a 6 YARD STOP ROUTE.

Pick 2. Cowboys going in to score at 10-3. Ogletree runs a great slant and Romo puts the ball eye level, on the money. Instead of extending his hands and securing the ball, let's the ball get to his body and bounce off into the waiting arms of the DB. No points, Chicago ball.

Pick 3. actually it was a fumble but what the heck. The right guard gets beat and while Romo climbs the pocket and switching the ball from right to left gets stripped and taken back for a TD. Unlucky. Really Unlucky. 1st Romo fault error in the game. Costly and ended the game right then and there. This play comes off of a great play by Ware to get the ball back for the Offense just after pick #2. Crushing, Just crushing.

By now if I'm Romo, I want to kill everyone. I mean everyone.

Pick 4. Romo now is down 3 scores, Chicago has fallen into a cover two shell which is right in their wheel house. I watched the Receivers coming back to the huddle and after about 15 win sprints trying to catch up their totally gassed. Austin runs a lazy seam route but forgets to cross the face of the defender. Pick.

Pick 5. By now the Secondary is cherry picking and you have 7 back playing range defense just looking for anything to run down and pick. No brainer.

So once they abandoned the run as a QB you have no chance of beating a Chicago Defense up 3 scores playing cover two robber . You hoping to get lucky and they drop a pick but they didn't.

Meanwhile, the defense is playing some sort of ridiculous don't cover Marshall scheme. I just don't get how they let Marshall stroll through the secondary totally unmolested. I just don't get it. Then McCray is in great position to pick or at minimum defend a pass to the TE Davis down the field and he wiffs on the ball and somehow the ball finds the TE's stomach. 100 times out of 100 that ball harmlessly falls to the ground but not Monday. That was on third down.

We are seeing the value of Robinson's consistancy last year where he caught everything thrown his way and as a veteran knew how important it was to make those third down plays and be where he is suppose to be. Tree is still a young player and is going to be inconsistent.

There was far more issues on this team then Romo. Let me list a few.

Dez drops and not knowing his sight adjustments

Zone coverage against a 3 step drop.

Ogletree drops and not know where to be

O line can't run block

Murray dropping a pitch for a loss

I can go on and on. But to say this was Romo just throwing bonehead picks is not accurate.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses and defending Romo but really I'm just telling you what I saw.

Romo made some really good throws during the game. None of his throws were of the bone head types that we have seen before.

Going forward, the Bye will give the line a chance to work together some more. They should change the Offense to allow ONLY Witten and Austin to sight adjust while Dez and Tree just run the route they are told.

The Defense needs to work McCray into the D and get Ware, Rat, Coleman, and others healthy.

This next 5 game stretch is going to determine what happens to this team.

If you recall last year, it was this time last year the Romo got back to basics and played lights out the rest of the year with relatively few picks. Last night could have been a stellar Fanstasy day for Romo. Had a few balls been caught. It's not to often that a fumble goes right to a linebacker with nothing but green grass in front of him. Even the pass off the chest of Tree rarely goes straight up in the air so that a 300 pound linemen has time to lumber over and get under it.

Prediction: I will ride Slip as my QB for a mid-season rally shooting me up the standing or join a piercing cult and let them hang me by my nuts with stainless steel hooks so I remember what it feels like to be a Cowboys fan AND draft them to my fantasy roster.

4 games in I still believe.............Shaken and stirred but still believe.

Edited by Cowboyz1