[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Owners: What are we thinking now?

kidsgotsoul

I have always felt that interceptions should be broken down into subcategories of fault somehow. I am uncertain how many categories I would have, but certainly any thrown ball that hits a reciever first which still results in an interception should not be charged to the Q.B.

I have always felt that interceptions should be broken down into subcategories of fault somehow. I am uncertain how many categories I would have, but certainly any thrown ball that hits a reciever first which still results in an interception should not be charged to the Q.B.

A good start might be if the INT came on a play where the receiver gets credit for a DROP, then that could go in the NOTQB fault group. Not sure how official the dropped pass stat is, or how that is determined. But there are others like when the QB throws it to a spot, and the receiver ran a different route. Hard to say those are not the fault of the QB, without assuming the QB was right and the receiver was wrong.

I think anytime a knowledgable fan watches the game they can make some sense of this. Anybody who saw the MNF game and just thinks "Romo threw 5 interceptions, he is terrible" didn't pay attention. The first two were not on him. Some of the others (the one where he was hit and the ball went straight ahead into the defenders) were his fault, but also not your normal interception (a bad throw or not reading coverage). That was more like strip-sack kind of play.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses and defending Romo but really I'm just telling you what I saw.

Romo made some really good throws during the game. None of his throws were of the bone head types that we have seen before.

You left out the part where romo overthrew a wide open Austin for what should have been a TD in the 3rd quarter. Romo overthrowing Austin is becoming a very disturbing trend.

Had a week to stew and I really have to believe it's hard enough when you have one or two players on the oline new or playing new positions. But to have not only a guy off the street playing center but every single position on the line in a new position or first year with the team has to be tough. The center position is about a critical a position as you can get.

The line had to not only get their timing down but get use to the other guys around him. Not to mention Smith playing his first downs at left tackle and Free moving over to the other side. Timing is huge on the line and if your not all getting off on the same page, it makes it tough.

I have to believe this extra week and Costa coming back will make a difference. The running game suffered as well as the passing game.

The Defense is getting most all the starters back and Rat is a difference maker on the line and we saw what missing Spencer can do.

We'll see in Baltimore in a week. That game will decide our future as will the next 5 weeks on the road playing some good teams.

Had a week to stew and I really have to believe it's hard enough when you have one or two players on the oline new or playing new positions. But to have not only a guy off the street playing center but every single position on the line in a new position or first year with the team has to be tough. The center position is about a critical a position as you can get.

The line had to not only get their timing down but get use to the other guys around him. Not to mention Smith playing his first downs at left tackle and Free moving over to the other side. Timing is huge on the line and if your not all getting off on the same page, it makes it tough.

I have to believe this extra week and Costa coming back will make a difference. The running game suffered as well as the passing game.

The Defense is getting most all the starters back and Rat is a difference maker on the line and we saw what missing Spencer can do.

We'll see in Baltimore in a week. That game will decide our future as will the next 5 weeks on the road playing some good teams.

:rolleyes:

I kept Carson Palmer this year for $9 (league has a $1000 cap) and really didn't have a choice for a QB in the league so I grabbed Romo. But I during the auction I landed Dalton for $6. Dalton has been my starter for two weeks so far. I hope he can maintain decent status because if not, I'm screwed.