[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo - QB controversy brewing in Big D?

Hugh 0ne

Sorry to start another thread about Romo, but I was wondering if anyone thinks there could actually be a QB controversy brewing in Dallas. I read a lot this morning how MANY Dallas fans have had enough of Romo, and if that chatter gets loud enough, you think there's any chance they start Orton over him?

I like Romo, he has great play making ability, a good arm, but the inconsistency and lack of clutch play is becoming more of a habit than isolateded incidents.

Discuss.

Their bye week is coming at a perfect time IMO, they can insert some wildcat plays just in time for the Baltimore matchup. Keep Orton under center and bring Romo in as a decoy, run the ball occasionally, maybe let him throw if they already have a big lead, etc. Kind of like how the Jets use Tebow, although Sanchez is no Orton.

My friend that I was going up against actually started ROMO this week. I think he forgot to sub him out because he was busy with his brother being in a fatal car crash. HIs brother was kinda a loser drug addict and judging by my friends points this week I think that loser attitude rubbed off. JK LOL. I mean who starts Romo against the Bears?? Thank You

• Like 1

My friend that I was going up against actually started ROMO this week. I think he forgot to sub him out because he was busy with his brother being in a fatal car crash. HIs brother was kinda a loser drug addict and judging by my friends points this week I think that loser attitude rubbed off. JK LOL. I mean who starts Romo against the Bears?? Thank You

:lol: Can I have an aisle set please?

Not to come out and defend the guy, but you can't blame him directly for all those interceptions last night (which is why everyone is questioning him at the moment). The first one was clearly Dez Bryant nodding his head before the play that he got the call change, and then just bolted downfield while Tillman took it for a pick six. And the second was a decent throw that went off the receivers chest and flew up in the air for anyone to grab. I didn't watch the rest of them, but it's not like his receivers are doing him a bunch of favors.

Edited by faceplant

Not to come out and defend the guy, but you can't blame him directly for all those interceptions last night (which is why everyone is questioning him at the moment). The first one was clearly Dez Bryant nodding his head before the play that he got the call change, and then just bolted downfield while Tillman took it for a pick six. And the second was a decent throw that went off the receivers chest and flew up in the air for anyone to grab. I didn't watch the rest of them, but it's not like his receivers are doing him a bunch of favors.

Maybe you're right, but one thing is undeniable, which is that if Orton started that game, Dallas wins going away. Everyone in that organization knows it, and now they have some time to think about where to go from here. This team simply can't afford to keep a Kyle Orton on the bench any longer.

I think that a controversy would be much more likely if they had other than Kyle Orton backing him up. I think Orton is fine and all, but clearly not an upgrade over Romo.

Orton seems like exactly the kind of backup who could create a push for a shot. He's solid enough, lots of experience, been a starter before. I don't think Romo's job is in any danger, but its not like Orton is a scrub. Giving him a shot is not like putting in a raw rookie (which reeks of 'we give up on the season').

Edited by nelsosi

No QB controversy at all. That offensive line is offensive. How can they not run block? Not even a little? Gave Romo time maybe 70% of the time. Makes the O very one dimensional. One dimensional O's get exploited.

The same O-line that, in the same game had Orton go 9/10 for 89 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT's? :huh:

I'm confused. I was told by a majority of the Cowboys fans on this board that, despite only winning one career playoff game, Tony Romo was an ELITE Quarterback. I mean I know that Joe Flacco is, because he said it himself, but, I thought I could trust my Huddle crew as well. :shrug:

I'm confused. I was told by a majority of the Cowboys fans on this board that, despite only winning one career playoff game, Tony Romo was an ELITE Quarterback. I mean I know that Joe Flacco is, because he said it himself, but, I thought I could trust my Huddle crew as well. :shrug:

Romo is a low-end semi-elite September thru November fantasy QB who can help your team if you snagged him around the 10th round and the rest of your squad is loaded. HTH

• Like 1