[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Up to week 5 Buy Lows...

Slugs3511

Here is a list of some players I feel you, or I, could buy low right now.....

Steve Smith, (Car) Not one TD, but still getting targets and relatively unheard of unless in ppr leagues....

Green Ellis....Not exactly tearing it up but used an awful lot in games....

Donald Brown...on ww in most leagues and is a starter that could only produce more as people try to take away Luck's luck....

Pitta...After a pitta ful Thursday nite....he could be had at a great price...just a lot of mouths in Baltimore to feed...

Martellus...not even beigng talked about and is a top 5 TE in ppr leagues...

DeSean Jax...I know what people say about him, but doesn't get much love but is producing decently in ppr leagues, but not a lot of love, so not a lot about him....

Any others?

Doug Martin, will continue to get a bulk of the work and there are not many RBs getting most of the carries.

Megatron, the owner might be starting to panic, DET will get back on track.

(Is it a coincidence that both these guys are on my roster and I'm trying to talk myself off the ledge??)

I wouldn't really consider Martellus Bennett a buy low candidate considering he's been among the top performers every week until the last. If he puts up another bad game then you may get some owners to budge, but for where he was drafted they are getting more than their money's worth right now. Didn't like BGE much coming in & don't see anything from him that would make me take a chance on him either.

Aiming a little higher with these:

Forte - Might be tough to get some owners to budge on him, but he still didn't do especially well in his return. If you can convince owners that he's going to continue to be gimpy and will lose a lot of time to Bush even when healthy then you might just be able to chip away at them.

Matthews - Matthews should be a little easier pickings. Again, you can use the "sharing time" argument even though I think that won't continue. If you want him though, it better be before this weekend because of the way the Saints D has been playing. IF by some miraculous chance the Saints D staves off San Diego & Matthews then owners may be falling all over themselves to dump him.

Julio Jones - The dead games are really a selling point here. If you have a player that can give them a little more consistency I think you can get them to move off of him. I think down the stretch teams are going to be forced into not doubling him as much and he'll start giving what owners were hoping for on a more regular basis.

Yep Megatron and Julio might be had at a discount with the way some are overreacting....

Though I will say it's very odd that Julio is continuing the trend of doing all his damage on the road and not at home, but I'd be willing to bet anyone here that that trend will not happen all year. No doubt they'll get Julio involved plenty.

IMO, what you've seen so far is the Falcons break out the Ferrari during the preseason and game 1, and then have made teams pay once they decided they had to take him away... But the schedule only gets tougher, and when games are close, Julio is targeted plenty.

Sunday was just a perfect storm with nothing going right for him.

I wouldn't really consider Martellus Bennett a buy low candidate considering he's been among the top performers every week until the last. If he puts up another bad game then you may get some owners to budge, but for where he was drafted they are getting more than their money's worth right now. Didn't like BGE much coming in & don't see anything from him that would make me take a chance on him either.

Aiming a little higher with these:

Forte - Might be tough to get some owners to budge on him, but he still didn't do especially well in his return. If you can convince owners that he's going to continue to be gimpy and will lose a lot of time to Bush even when healthy then you might just be able to chip away at them.

Matthews - Matthews should be a little easier pickings. Again, you can use the "sharing time" argument even though I think that won't continue. If you want him though, it better be before this weekend because of the way the Saints D has been playing. IF by some miraculous chance the Saints D staves off San Diego & Matthews then owners may be falling all over themselves to dump him.

Julio Jones - The dead games are really a selling point here. If you have a player that can give them a little more consistency I think you can get them to move off of him. I think down the stretch teams are going to be forced into not doubling him as much and he'll start giving what owners were hoping for on a more regular basis.

I've never quite understood how owners try to "sell" players to other owners. If someone owns Julio, and I try to convince him that he's not very solid, why would I want him?

I've never quite understood how owners try to "sell" players to other owners. If someone owns Julio, and I try to convince him that he's not very solid, why would I want him?

Because you're not overreactionary to a bad game or 2 :shrug:

(ETA: and you're not trying to sell them on Julio disappointing. The hope is their already disappointed and you can wave someone more consistent in their face and get them to move them)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

(ETA: and you're not trying to sell them on Julio disappointing. The hope is their already disappointed and you can wave someone more consistent in their face and get them to move them)

Exactly... Not really trying to convince them their player is not going to help their team, rather confirming what they may already think. If they disagree then you're not going to be able to "buy low" anyway.

not feeling this one. I own Martin and have'nt been overly impressed. Now the coaches are saying they wana get Blount more touches .. and Blount scored this week..

not feeling this one. I own Martin and have'nt been overly impressed. Now the coaches are saying they wana get Blount more touches .. and Blount scored this week..

check his schedule after the bye...

+1. Not to mention his YPC of 3.5 is good for 34th in the league. I'm thinking McCoy is buy low prospect considering he's ranked as the 14th RB in my PPR league. He's ranked 3rd in rushing and has 15 receptions but only 1 TD, so he's getting the ball but no TDs. McCoy is the definition of "due" considering his touches, his output, and his 20 TDs last year. (The guy has to get 10 TDs over the next 12 games rights?).

Blount...he is creeping in like fog.

I thought this at the beginning of the year and was shocked with Martin's use. Blounts size, speed, and agility and you look at what Schiano is trying to do...how is there NOT a role for LGB in there?

He's like a bear in shoulderpads. I cant imagine trying to tackle him in the the 4th quarter after chasing Martin all game.

Oh I definitely make offers for players on the low, don't get me wrong, I just don't tell them how crappy their players are doing because to me that doesn't make sense. I've had owners try to buy low from me and when I ask them why they would want such a poor player the reasoning makes no sense.

Not Martin. I have him in several leagues and am looking to deal him before the bottom drops out.

Martin is the victim of some predictable ultra-, ultra-conservative play calling by Schiano. It's hard to see how Coach starts doubting himself a quarter-way through his first NFL season. I think he sticks to his guns until they're at least 2-6 or something like that, then maybe starts to try variations on a theme.

Martin is the victim of some predictable ultra-, ultra-conservative play calling by Schiano. It's hard to see how Coach starts doubting himself a quarter-way through his first NFL season. I think he sticks to his guns until they're at least 2-6 or something like that, then maybe starts to try variations on a theme.

I based a lot of what I said between DMC and Martin on the fact that they have an early bye and are 2nd and 3rd in ease of schedule for RB's....plus they both should be had cheaply because their owners should be hurting if they had to rely on them...so they may need someone who will produce immediately....

I have offered J Nelson for DMC in hopes that the owner is frustrated...plus he is deep at RB and needs WR help.....otherwise he shouldn't bite on that...plus he is a novice...:lol:

Guess Im on the other side of the fence with Martin. I have him in 2 of my 3 leagues and have watched most of the games.

1st. The O-Line is not very good. There have not been many holes to run through.

2nd. The offense is nothing special, wich will hinder him.

3rd. The Defense is not good, they will not be playing with a lead alot. Seems like he stays in to block alot too.

4th. Blount. I thought Martin was good for about 6-8 TD's this year, but with the offense & Blount possibly poaching TD's, I can honestly see 4 TD's.

5th. Martin. He looks like a good all around player, but not a special player. Plus he is a rookie, and there is a decent shot of hitting a wall come fantasy playoff time.

I actually woke up this morning and had a trade offer in my local for him. Someone offered me A.Johnson straight up for him. I actually couldnt believe my eyes, now I know Andre is getting older & injury prone, but I honestly couldnt hit the accept button quick enough.

i just got tired of McCoy not scoring and traded him away for Richardson and Donald Brown. I get two starting RB for the price of one the way I see it. Plus I skipped Brown's bye.

Same league I also swapped Garcon, Torrey Smith and Jackie Battle for MJD lol. I like my RB squad now

Edited by chris2114