[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it's Orton AND Tebow time!

Azazello1313

Lets add Brady Quinn as well!!

I forgot he even got picked up! that one and tebow actually have a pretty good chance of happening, as sanchez and cassel are bottom of the barrel NFL QBs IMO.

maybe BJ or someone can edit the title..."it's Orton AND Tebow AND Brady Quinn time!" :woot:

Edited by Azazello1313

It is funny how all the QB's used to be Denver QB's but I see all of them at least starting by week 6. Sanchez has had 5 Years and no progress just regressing. Cassell was a one year wonder. Romo if Dallas is supposed to be a top team they don't need A roller coaster QB. Orton did have 2 years of success before he was thrown to the wolves and the rise of Tebow.

It is funny how all the QB's used to be Denver QB's but I see all of them at least starting by week 6. Sanchez has had 5 Years and no progress just regressing. Cassell was a one year wonder. Romo if Dallas is supposed to be a top team they don't need A roller coaster QB. Orton did have 2 years of success before he was thrown to the wolves and the rise of Tebow.

Really, what do they have to lose?

They aren't gonna be playoff teams if they don't get consistent QB play, and if it goes completely wrong, then just set yourself up to draft one high. It's working out alright for the Colts.

IMO it's silly to lump Tebow and Quinn in with Orton.

I actually agree, but for the opposite reason. romo, for all his foibles and follies, is just a far superior QB to kyle orton. maybe the 85 bears could hand the reigns to orton and ride him deep into the playoffs, but the list of teams isn't much longer than that.

on the other hand...cassel and quinn are both garbage, and I actually firmly believe that tebow is a better NFL QB than sanchez (anyone who watched the two head-to-head last year when the broncos beat the jets would be hard-pressed to disagree).

I actually firmly believe that tebow is a better NFL QB than sanchez (anyone who watched the two head-to-head last year when the broncos beat the jets would be hard-pressed to disagree).

If we're talking talent and skill as a true QB, Sanchez blows Tebow out of the water. If Sanchez had any work ethic at all, he'd be a top NFL QB by now. The fact that Tebow is even in the conversation as the Jets starting QB over Sanchez is a sad testament of what a slacker Sanchez is. People are in love with Tebow because of the intangibles and he often finds a way to win in ways that seem improbable, but give me a "real" QB any day. I don't want Tebow in there down by 6 with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter against a quality defense.

If we're talking talent and skill as a true QB, Sanchez blows Tebow out of the water. If Sanchez had any work ethic at all, he'd be a top NFL QB by now. The fact that Tebow is even in the conversation as the Jets starting QB over Sanchez is a sad testament of what a slacker Sanchez is. People are in love with Tebow because of the intangibles and he often finds a way to win in ways that seem improbable, but give me a "real" QB any day. I don't want Tebow in there down by 6 with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter against a quality defense.

I get that but I don't want Sanchez either.

I'm not sure why not, that was half the broncos wins last year.

He can pull wins out of his ass for so long, then defenses catch up. I can't envision him taking a team all the way unless he fixes his mechanics and proves he can be consistently accurate. The way things stand now, sure, start him over Sanchez, but it's rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

He can pull wins out of his ass for so long, then defenses catch up. I can't envision him taking a team all the way unless he fixes his mechanics and proves he can be consistently accurate. The way things stand now, sure, start him over Sanchez, but it's rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Tebow would stop the Titantic from sinking.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why not, that was half the broncos wins last year.

Well, I think it's kind of bold to assume that they'll be in a position where you can not score most of the game (even commit turnovers to help the other team score) and find yourself in a position for Tebow to even have the opportunity for his token late-game TD to save the day.

Denver's blowout losses to Detroit and New England were very predictable last year. Unless you're defense is shutting down top offense, Tebow just can't keep up. It's like the Falcons team from the last 4 years on valium, expecting to beat playoff teams consistently with just a sputtering ball-control offense.

Add to that, the already mediocre scoring defense for the Jets is obviously way worse without Revis out there to enable them to run their defense the way they want to...

Finally, now that defenses actually have film on Tebow, and sorry, but that just sounds like it'd be a total disaster for the Jets.... I'd love to see how it would shake out though, I will admit that.

Finally, now that defenses actually have film on Tebow, and sorry, but that just sounds like it'd be a total disaster for the Jets.... I'd love to see how it would shake out though, I will admit that.

As an avid listener of Mike Francesa during football season, I danced with glee when I heard the Jets signed Tebow. And his commentary on the situation did not disappoint. The entertainment value of the Jets from here on is just off the charts.

The whole "winner/intangibles vs. stats/ability" argument is a difficult one to have, because there's really no answer. I mean, what defines and NFL QB? Super Bowl wins? Winning percentage? QB Rating? Stats? It's kind of arbitrary. I mean, is a system QB that wins a Super Bowl better than a Qb on a terrible team that puts up great numbers and plays great but doesn't win a Super Bowl?

As an avid listener of Mike Francesa during football season, I danced with glee when I heard the Jets signed Tebow. And his commentary on the situation did not disappoint. The entertainment value of the Jets from here on is just off the charts.

Francesa is a buffoon. What a dillweed. That is all. Carry on.

Francesa is a buffoon. What a dillweed. That is all. Carry on.

I can't exactly disagree, yet I still find him entertaining just when he talks about the NFL. Obviously the show plummeted when Russo left, but there's not another sports talk show that can hold my attention like his. His meltdowns can be hilarious.

Well, I think it's kind of bold to assume that they'll be in a position where you can not score most of the game (even commit turnovers to help the other team score) and find yourself in a position for Tebow to even have the opportunity for his token late-game TD to save the day.

Denver's blowout losses to Detroit and New England were very predictable last year. Unless you're defense is shutting down top offense, Tebow just can't keep up. It's like the Falcons team from the last 4 years on valium, expecting to beat playoff teams consistently with just a sputtering ball-control offense.

Add to that, the already mediocre scoring defense for the Jets is obviously way worse without Revis out there to enable them to run their defense the way they want to...

I don't necessarily dispute any of those criticisms of tebow, but here they are non sequitur. the statement was made about what desperate straits you'd be in down 6 late in a game with tebow as your QB, and I was just pointing to history to say that maybe that's not so bad a situation to be after all. I think the biggest problem with tebow as your QB against a good team is being in the position late in the game where you're ONLY down 6.