[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone besides me lose because of that meaningless 2pt conversion?

0-16 Again

I lost by .8 because of Bryants 2pt conversion.

Question 1: What was he even doing out there?

Question 2 (and the one I can't figure out for the life of me): Why in the heck were they going for two when they had no chance to win the game?

Holy cow I went nuts last night when that happened. I still can not believe that it really did happen.

Anyone else feel the pain from that play?

Question 1: What was he even doing out there?

Just a guess, but probably trying to help them get a 2-point conversion.

Question 2 (and the one I can't figure out for the life of me): Why in the heck were they going for two when they had no chance to win the game?

There was still 3 minutes left in the game, and the 2-point conversion would make it a 2 score game. Stranger things have happened, and you play for 60 minutes, especially when your offense clearly needs to do something to get in a rhythm.

They would have been blasted even harder and risk losing the locker room to just give up when there are still minutes on the clock. You fight until the clock hits zero.

Sorry for you, but junktime still counts.

BTW, it always drives me crazy when people pin it on one play. I think the analogy that "if you have to leave it up to a kicker, then you didn't deserve to win anyway" is applicable here.

If it's close enough to where a 2 point conversion changes the outcome, then clearly you didn't do enough to give yourself a cushion. No 1 play wins or loses a week.

BTW, it always drives me crazy when people pin it on one play. I think the analogy that "if you have to leave it up to a kicker, then you didn't deserve to win anyway" is applicable here.

If it's close enough to where a 2 point conversion changes the outcome, then clearly you didn't do enough to give yourself a cushion. No 1 play wins or loses a week.

Of course, but if you survive until late in the Monday game, it still greatly pisses you off to lose in that manner.

Of course, but if you survive until late in the Monday game, it still greatly pisses you off to lose in that manner.

I get that and I was going to be ragingly pissed if Bailey wasn't able to get me the 3.2 points I needed last night, but I guess it's more the deflection of blame (or lack of acceptance that it happens) that irks me, when you have to read threads like this trying to rationalize a loss.

What are you talking about?

I didn't do enough? LOL!!!

3 Minutes left?

FYI

There was 31 seconds on the clock when the TD and 2pt conversion was scored.

So both questions are legit questions in my opinion. I would not have been as upset if he would have been the one to score the TD but a meaningless 2pt where you are still down by two scores with 31 seconds left. Ugh

Just a guess, but probably trying to help them get a 2-point conversion.

There was still 3 minutes left in the game, and the 2-point conversion would make it a 2 score game. Stranger things have happened, and you play for 60 minutes, especially when your offense clearly needs to do something to get in a rhythm.

They would have been blasted even harder and risk losing the locker room to just give up when there are still minutes on the clock. You fight until the clock hits zero.

Sorry for you, but junktime still counts.

No sir...when they scored and went for the 2 point conversion there was under a minute left in the game - I think more like 34 seconds. My guess is they just wanted to work on their 2 point play for later in the season. What I didn't understand was why Witten was out there with no other 1st stringers - all backups at QB, RB and WR but 1st stringer Witten was still playing?

KO'd

3 Minutes left?

FYI

So both questions are legit questions in my opinion. I would not have been as upset if he would have been the one to score the TD but a meaningless 2pt where you are still down by two scores with 31 seconds left. Ugh

My mistake, the drive started with 3 minutes.

Regardless, you don't give up if there's even a 0.000001% chance you can come back. Maybe you return that onside kick for a TD and get a chance for another onside. Again, you don't give up until the clock hitsa zero, or you're setting a terrible example for your team.

And no, clearly your team didn't do enough if that was enough to change the outcome. Sorry, but again, junktime still counts. Only reason Stafford has been even serviceable is because of junktime playing from behind. It's part of the game.

No sir...when they scored and went for the 2 point conversion there was under a minute left in the game - I think more like 34 seconds. My guess is they just wanted to work on their 2 point play for later in the season. What I didn't understand was why Witten was out there with no other 1st stringers - all backups at QB, RB and WR but 1st stringer Witten was still playing?

KO'd

That's fine too. Work on what you need to work on and figure out, which for the Dallas offense is clearly a lot.

3 Minutes left?

FYI

What about if this game were played Sunday afternoon and a different game played MNF?

Have you heard this before, I read it here once, its pretty enlightening

Fantasy football is 80% luck and the other 20% luck

Things will happen in the last game of the week that at times will be aggravating, but no big deal otherwise. People hate Thursday game when they start out badly, and have to agonize over it for 3 days.

My mistake, the drive started with 3 minutes.

Regardless, you don't give up if there's even a 0.000001% chance you can come back. Maybe you return that onside kick for a TD and get a chance for another onside. Again, you don't give up until the clock hitsa zero, or you're setting a terrible example for your team.

And no, clearly your team didn't do enough if that was enough to change the outcome. Sorry, but again, junktime still counts. Only reason Stafford has been even serviceable is because of junktime playing from behind. It's part of the game.

Well for one - you CAN'T return an onside kick - so learn football first and second get your facts straight before you start dogging someone else

What kills me is those "guys" out there that think they have anything to do with the outcome of their team other than setting a line up. You play what you think is the best line up and hope for the best. To say someone didn't do enough is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on a fantasy sports board. If it was so easy to predict the best line up, than NFL.com would go belly up from all the people selecting the Perfect Lineup. WOW - some people just kill me

And yes, if that would have happened on a Sunday afternoon it still would have stung but NO WHERE near as bad. Timing had a lot to do with the pain because it was the last meaningful play of the week

Anyway, this was not about starting an arguement with someone.

I just wanted to know if any other teams out there got their heart ripped out by a meaningless 2pt conversion

Well for one - you CAN'T return an onside kick - so learn football first and second get your facts straight before you start dogging someone else

What kills me is those "guys" out there that think they have anything to do with the outcome of their team other than setting a line up. You play what you think is the best line up and hope for the best. To say someone didn't do enough is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on a fantasy sports board. If it was so easy to predict the best line up, than NFL.com would go belly up from all the people selecting the Perfect Lineup. WOW - some people just kill me

And yes, if that would have happened on a Sunday afternoon it still would have stung but NO WHERE near as bad. Timing had a lot to do with the pain because it was the last meaningful play of the week

I just wanted to know if any other teams out there got their heart ripped out by a meaningless 2pt conversion

So you're just looking for a friendly shoulder to cry on. You won't find it here.

My point about when the game is played is to illustrate how random this all is. You getting more upset because the game was scheduled for MNF instead of Sunday afternoon is funny in that light.

Sorry, next time I'll refrain from attempting to answer your questions, and realize that you just want to throw a pity party.

Also, my apologies for not being up on my onside kick rules. It really changes everything about my argument when it would have taken a hail-mary instead :rolleyes:

As for "To say someone didn't do enough is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on a fantasy sports board", I realize that you cannot control what your players do, but I figured it was obvious that what I meant is that your team didn't give you enough cushion (whether that be by them underperforming or you not setting an optimal lineup). I apologize for implying that you were out there scoring the points yourself.

Anyways, thanks for the reminder to not try to rationalize with someone who just wants to complain. Carry on then.

• Like 1

Also, my apologies for not being up on my onside kick rules. It really changes everything about my argument when it would have taken a hail-mary instead :rolleyes:

It's all good...I had forgotten the you can't advance an onside kick rule too...but it would have taken a successful onside kick, then a hail mary and then a successful 2 point conversion and then another successful onside kick, then another hail mary and then finally another successful 2 point conversion for them to even tie the game...and all in 34 seconds.

I get what you are saying about not giving up until the clock hits 0.00 but the fact that they had all reserves (except for Witten) in there sure seems like they had indeed quit at the 3+ minute mark.

KO'd

It's all good...I had forgotten the you can't advance an onside kick rule too...but it would have taken a successful onside kick, then a hail mary and then a successful 2 point conversion and then another successful onside kick, then another hail mary and then finally another successful 2 point conversion for them to even tie the game...and all in 34 seconds.

I get what you are saying about not giving up until the clock hits 0.00 but the fact that they had all reserves (except for Witten) in there sure seems like they had indeed quit at the 3+ minute mark.

KO'd

Fair enough, I guess I shouldn't have commented on a part of the game I didn't watch, but I was attempting to talk someone down from the ledge (who I now can see has no interest in being talked down) with possible reasons why it made sense and was not necessarily "meaningless" as it relates to their team.

Didn't lose because of Dez but did lose...came into the game down 9 with Romo and Murray - "all" my opponent had left was the Bears defense...ended up losing by approx 7 points...those picks hurt bad and doubly bad as they went to Chicago and 2 went for 6.

:)

KO'd

Yep we should only score meaningful plays. Teams eliminated from the playoffs shouldn't be scored, when someone takes a 28 point lead all fantasy points should freeze, and the Browns players shouldn't even be loaded into MFL in the first place.

Yep we should only score meaningful plays. Teams eliminated from the playoffs shouldn't be scored, when someone takes a 28 point lead all fantasy points should freeze, and the Browns players shouldn't even be loaded into MFL in the first place.

:rofl:

Browns players shouldn't even be loaded into MFL in the first place.

Come to think of it, in all honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I had a Browns player on any of my teams. Even legit players like Hillis that would have been perfectly viable picks if they were the right value at the time. And I guess when I see a Browns player in the FA forecast, I subconsciously ignore it completely, like it's not even there. :shrug: