[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan is on fire

WaterMan

It was easy to predict that he'd take the next step with these great targets, but he's just playing out of his mind right now.

The yardage hasn't even been that big because they've been so efficient at scoring.

But the thing that worries me is the return of the O-line woes against Carolina. Clabo got abused blocking Charles Johnson, and they dropped Ryan for 7 sacks (he also uncharacteristically held the ball too long on a couple plays, when he's normally great at feeling the pressure and getting the ball out). Reason that worries me more is the NFC East alone has guys that can get after the QB, so I hope they get it together before they get Ryan killed back there.

But you even saw the Matty Ice of old against Carolina, doing his biggest damage when their backs were against the wall. Cannot say enough good things about the player he's developed into. Commanding the no-huddle, putting it where only his receivers can get it, and keeping his poise when the going gets tough.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I'm a little concerned about the Falcons winning too many games and resting their skill players down the stretch like the Colts.

We've seen how that's worked for most teams.. I don't think too many teams are gonna be doing this much anymore - especially when most of the games at the end of the season are more meaningful games (more games within the division).

I'm a little concerned about the Falcons winning too many games and resting their skill players down the stretch like the Colts.

Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals, Saints (again), Panthers, Giants, could all be very tough games for them. Although the lack of divisonal competition in the NFC South is extremely concerning, they don't even need to go 14-2 or 13-3 to clinch early possibly. I could see them going 10-6 and clinching in week 14 or so which means you could be dead on.

Hopefully NO comes storming back later on, keep things interesting.

Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals, Saints (again), Panthers, Giants, could all be very tough games for them. Although the lack of divisonal competition in the NFC South is extremely concerning, they don't even need to go 14-2 or 13-3 to clinch early possibly. I could see them going 10-6 and clinching in week 14 or so which means you could be dead on.

Hopefully NO comes storming back later on, keep things interesting.

Clinching the division at 10-6 might happen. But going into week 14, even with a 10-3 record they're not clinching a top (1/2) position in the NFC and will continue to play hard. Sure if they're 12-1 or 13-0 at that point they may have the top spot locked up.