[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Danny Amendola?

daneeill

With Danny Amendola's injury last night and reports now stating that he could be out 6-7 weeks, should I drop Danny Amendola? If so, who should I pick up in his place? These are the decent players that are available:

Andre Roberts (Cardinals)

Davone Bess (Dolphins)

Mike Williams (Bucs)

Randall Cobb (Packers)

Brandon Gibson (Rams #2 Rec)

Brandon Lafell (Panthers)

If you have a really big bench (7 spots or more), you can afford to hang on to Danny.

Otherwise, with bye weeks about to rear their ugly heads, I doubt you can afford to burn a roster space over the next two months. It'd be a shame to miss out on a WR with upside while Danny rots on your bench.

Hixon is worth a pickup if you need him over the next couple weeks and/or you believe Nicks's knee is worse than the team is letting on. I'm reading that he may be back as soon as next week, so Hixon's upside is limited.

I like Roberts. He had a tough game Thursday but played 78 of 82 snaps and is the clear #2 there. Michael Floyd looks raw and unthreatening. And everyone knows the Cards can't run, so they'll keep throwing even when they have the lead.

Mike Williams is also worth a shot in non-PPR leagues. TB plays sieves KC, New Orleans and Oakland in three of the four weeks following the bye. Yummy.

Bess is good in PPR leagues. Cobb is intriguing as well, and LaFell is worth monitoring to see if he can rebound from his two-week disappearing act. All of these choices are better than an idle Amendola.