[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This weekend proved to me so the called experts of FF

snoop2

Know little more than the rest of us. All the break down and analysis, and past games performances I don't care about it anymore.

This local expert fanatic fantasy guy on the radio whiffed so badly on his lock picks he really shouldn't be on the radio after this last weekend.

i don't think anyone can guarantee results. you can gauge many different factors and conclude x, y, and z... and play the probability. no one can see certain things happen (ie: pitta getting 0 a couple of weeks ago).

Like I've always said: FF is 95% luck and 5% luck.

In fairness, I have evidence to support that, at least in one of my leagues, it was only half Luck. The other half was Wayne and I'd like to thank both of them very much.
  • Like 1

Yeah, fantasy experts suck! Bunch of damn frauds, sharing their thoughts and perceptions. Not being right all the time. Bunch of jerkwads. They can all go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Have to agree with snoop here. I have yet to see anyone who qualifies as a FF expert. You can be well educated and run all the analysis you want, but you simply can't take the human factor out of the game.

Makes it fun, doesn't it?

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

Yeah, fantasy experts suck! Bunch of damn frauds, sharing their thoughts and perceptions. Not being right all the time. Bunch of jerkwads. They can all go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here... have a Snickers...

I've come to the conclusion that I suck at fantasy football. :shrug:

I'm facing that as well. This week was a good one. In fact, the only difference between this week and virtually every other is that, both the expert predictions that said I was going to win and the actual results were largely the same. Every other freaking week, any number of sites have me winning be a good margin and I end up getting beaten, sometimes badly.

I'd love to blame the "experts" but for the fact that I'm almost never talked out of plays that I think are sound.

The dude who is in 1st place in one of my leagues (both TP and record)? It's his 1st year and his team is freaking stacked and it was all basically all any of us could do not to laugh when he was making picks. Took his kicker in the 4th round and his D in the 5th. Admitted by round 12 that he'd completely ran out of names he even recognized. Doesn't matter.

I appreciate the time and effort these guys put into predicting weekly player performance. They often see trends and have access to some really cool stats that we typically don't, but they aren't infallible. Botton line, think for yourself. Use the prognosticators to validate your own reasons for starting who you start.

Know little more than the rest of us. All the break down and analysis, and past games performances I don't care about it anymore.

This local expert fanatic fantasy guy on the radio whiffed so badly on his lock picks he really shouldn't be on the radio after this last weekend.

This is earth-shattering news.

Have to agree with snoop here. I have yet to see anyone who qualifies as a FF expert. You can be well educated and run all the analysis you want, but you simply can't take the human factor out of the game.

Makes it fun, doesn't it?

After breaking things down seven ways from Sunday, I have a new method (which dovetails nicely with my 2-young-kids time hole):

"Has this player scored more points over the season than the other player?"

"Yes"

"Is he injured?"

"No"

"Then I will start him, realizing that just because he has tended to score more points it doesn't mean he will ALWAYS score more points"

I hear that "advice" that a certain radio station from the sky gives and generally find it laughable with the exception of a few programs. Even the Huddle is not going to make your decisions for you. The bottom line is, if you want to be a good FF player, you need to follow football, take advice for what it's worth and turn that into your decisions. I think I am an above average player in this game and still have seasons that just don't work. I cannot control my opponent having wayne/luck/bears anymore than I can control yelling at the TV when Big Ben's TD PASS was ruled a running play. That's what makes it fun.

I'm facing that as well. This week was a good one. In fact, the only difference between this week and virtually every other is that, both the expert predictions that said I was going to win and the actual results were largely the same. Every other freaking week, any number of sites have me winning be a good margin and I end up getting beaten, sometimes badly.

I'd love to blame the "experts" but for the fact that I'm almost never talked out of plays that I think are sound.

The dude who is in 1st place in one of my leagues (both TP and record)? It's his 1st year and his team is freaking stacked and it was all basically all any of us could do not to laugh when he was making picks. Took his kicker in the 4th round and his D in the 5th. Admitted by round 12 that he'd completely ran out of names he even recognized. Doesn't matter.

Haha, I invited my little brother to join a $100 redraft PPR league that I've played in for the last 3 years. He's only got one year of fantasy football experience under his belt and came to the draft without any kind of cheatsheet, notebook or magazine.

There were a few people snickering at some of his picks during the draft but he ended up with Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne and DeSean Jackson as his WR's and is undefeated through the first 5 weeks.

One guy in our league who is a big Browns homer drafted Josh Gordon real late. This week he was forced into playing him due to byes and injuries. Gordon probably isn't even rostered in most leagues, let alone being started. Some serious luck there.