[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Williams Out For The Year

Rileyrott

Per Rotoworld:

Ryan Williams will require surgery to repair the AC joint in his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.

It's a rough blow for increasingly one of the league's most tough-luck players. Williams suffered the injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Rams. William Powell figures to be the favorite for carries in Arizona's backfield until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back in Week 12 or 13, although Powell is coming off a "head" injury. La'Rod Stephens-Howling and Alfonso Smith will also be in the mix for carries behind an offensive line that opens no holes. Williams will enter the 2013 season having not been a legitimately productive rusher since 2009, his redshirt freshman season at Virginia Tech. After also missing all of 2011 with a ruptured patellar tendon, Williams' long-term outlook is all sorts of cloudy.

Oct 8 - 2:43 PM

William Powell is particularly intriguing in this situation. He was the leading rusher in the NFL in preseason this year (I know, I know, but he got work and took advantage of it by proving he was a lot better than the guys he was playing against). He's one of those guys who plays a lot bigger than he is, because even though he's only 5'-9", he carries 207 lbs. That's a very solid height/weight ratio. He also catches well out of the backfield and is a very willing blocker in blitz pickup.

No RB will be a world-beater behind that O-line, but Powell may surprise a bit as a potential low end FF RB2/bye week player because he'll gain yardage both rushing and receiving.

Edited by Bronco Billy

William Powell is particularly intriguing in this situation. He was the leading rusher in the NFL in preseason this year (I know, I know, but he got work and took advantage of it by proving he was a lot better than the guys he was playing against). He's one of those guys who plays a lot bigger than he is, because even though he's only 5'-9", he carries 207 lbs. That's a very solid height/weight ratio. He also catches well out of the backfield and is a very willing blocker in blitz pickup.

No RB will be a world-beater behind that O-line, but Powell may surprise a bit as a potential low end FF RB2/bye week player because he'll gain yardage both rushing and receiving.

Picked him up last week. Also returns kicks.

That o-line is plain and simple awful. Until/unless they make changes and/or improvement there, Barry Sanders' jukes combined with Jim Brown's "he got trucked" and Thurmanator's pass-catching wouldn't do squat behind those blockers. They should be painted orange like cones.

Either that, or Beanie Wells is a lot better than I give him credit as a RB.