[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who's the man in Green bay? Alex Green or James Starks?

euphy

Don't feel like digging up the Shonn Greene/Bilal Powell thread to source the quote the right way but somebody said something that may apply to A. Green here...

He's the one who hasn't proven he sucks yet.

I don't think James Starks has proven he sucks, its not like the Packers have ever really focused on running the ball.

If I'm grabbing one (and I might) it would be Starks, mostly just a hunch (and the fact that Green is already on a roster).

I don't know.. I had Starks last year. I know he was splitting time with Grant for awhile and they maybe didn't give it to him the way they did with Benson a couple times this year... but he was never able to 'take it and run with it' last year... he maybe didn't prove that he sucks, but he didn't do enough to force them to give it to him more either.

Green hasn't had that chance yet, so this may be a situation where many think a bird in the hand does NOT beat 2 in the bush...

McCarthy says hot hand and that Green will get 1st shot.

Starks could not beat out Grant last season and is coming off a turf toe injury. There's probably not much value here, but I'll take the talent over the plodder. With bye-weeks and hurt/underperforming RBs, you could do much worse.

I'l probably start Green over CJ1.8YPC in a 12 team PPR.

FWIW Mike McCarthy was just on Sirius NFL and they asked him specifically what the plan was in light of Benson's injury and his answer, to paraphrase, was that Alex Green was first man up, but they would mix in some Starks and Saine and then go with the hot hand. The "hot hand" part is a given I think. What I took from it was mainly that Green is the guy who is gonna get the first shot - straight from the coach's mouth.

the one that misses the blitz pick up and gets Rogers taking a big hit will be the RB. GB RBs is not a big force in the offense. I think that if Green does not light it up this week (tough matchup) Starks will over take next week unless he reinjures his turf toe.

I pick up Starks (had a chance to get Green, but waited too long).