[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren Sproles

Wiseman155

A lot of people drafted him early thinking that in an offense such as New Orleans he could possibly have a blowout year like he did last year. And so far, he hasn't been great. Worthwhile, but not great.

It seems that this new coach has a different idea than Peyton on how to split up the carries. It seems that one week he gets zero carries, next week he gets all the carries. Some weeks Brees doesn't get a ball to him, and others he's targeted 15 times. I'm thrilled when that happens, but don't really want to deal with the roller coaster ride that is currently happening.

I want to know what others think. Do you think his numbers will stabilize or do you think I might be on the roller coaster the entire season? If I want out, what do you think I could get for him. I definitely couldn't get a top 10 RB for him, maybe if I added something to the deal but I don't exactly have a lot to offer in a 12 team league. Michael Bush or Donald Brown or Torrey Smith maybe, but don't know if I could get value for that.

Interested in hearing your opinions. Willl respond to any posts.

Pete Carmichael ≠ Sean Payton

I think the Saints are improving with their inconsistent running game which should show some uptick in both Sproles & Pierre Thomas's numbers, but defenses have been able to smell out what the Saints are trying to do on offense just by who they have on the field & that goes straight on the shoulders of Carmichael.

• Like 1

I'm wondering when Ingram is going to get some work. I suppose maybe next year if Thomas isn't there. Or if one or both of Thomas/Sproles get hurt.

Drafted him hoping there was some upside, maybe a spot starter during byes. Now I'm considering cutting him for some other prospects with possible short or long term value (Ballard-IND, Richards-STL).

They are certainly not the same offense from last year, even with virtually the same roster (Meachem is gone, but what else). Obviously Payton meant a lot to the offense, and some guys will still produce ok. But they'll probably all be more erratic and with lower floor/ceiling than we expected.

I packaged him w/hernandez for Peyton this week. I drafted both early as well but don't like the trend I'm seeing... and I really need consistent production form the QB.

When you draft a player like Sproles who relies on receptions out of the backfield to produce, you expect the inconsistency. At least I did. Sproles is the kind of player that can win a week for you a few times a year with monster games, but he can also give you next to nothing if the defensive game plan is to take him away.

I tried to surround him with solid consistent players so I could win even in his down weeks. Hasn't been working out so far, but there is always hope......

I traded he and Matt Ryan away for MTurner and Tannehill. The league is no PPR which made it rather frustrating to have him. Only player remaining in my game last week was Sproles going into the Sunday night game and needed just 7 points to win and he let me down. Once the Saints get back to 'normal' he'll be great to have again, but strictly in a PPR league.

When you draft a player like Sproles who relies on receptions out of the backfield to produce, you expect the inconsistency. At least I did. Sproles is the kind of player that can win a week for you a few times a year with monster games, but he can also give you next to nothing if the defensive game plan is to take him away.

I tried to surround him with solid consistent players so I could win even in his down weeks. Hasn't been working out so far, but there is always hope......

I actually expect the most consistency out of guys who are great receivers out of the backfield, as they'll pretty much always get you modest points with their PPR and receiving yardage. Sproles had that one strange week where he had zero reception and 62 yards rushing but I wouldn't expect to see anything like that again (at least not out of him, while there are a number of other "starting" RBs who this type of performance wouldn't be a surprise from). I start him confidently every week as my RB2 in PPR leagues and he's doing just fine. I also expect the Saints to go back and look at what worked last season a little more while on the bye - Sproles should see an uptick in usage after that, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Edited by Balzac

I'd expect 4-14 ppg in a non-ppr and 7-17 in a ppr. I doubt you'll see a lot of 5-50-1, 7-70-1 type lines, but there will a few here and there. I expect a lot of 8-12 pt outings by the way things are shaping up.

Put it this way: I had Sproles and Richardson and my 2 RBs and AJ Green and Megatron as my 2 WRs - I just deal AJ Green for DMC and am rolling with VJax and Decker as my #2 WR, playing matchups.

So the delta from Sproles to DMC is more favorable than going from VJax/Decker to AJ Green.