[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade involving the Gronk

Rimmytose

See Team 2 in my sig. An owner wants to get Gronk from me, but is trying to pull a sell high buy low using Owen Daniels as bait.

He originally wanted to do:

Gronk & Freeman for Daniels & Dalton.

I've gotten him to discuss WRs with me. He thinks I'm crazy for wanting a trade involving Gronk and one of my WRs for Daniels and either Cruz/Green.

It's looking like he's going to want to want the following:

Gronk & Marshall for Daniels & Cruz or Green.

I still think he's getting better value out of this trade even if I do make it. Cruz or Green for Marshall is pretty even, but Gronk for Daniels is not in my opinion. Daniels has had a very hot start, but I'm not convinced it continues.

He is obviously thinking the same thing otherwise he wouldn't be trying to dump Owens for Gronk. I picked up Owens this week because my starter has a bye and I had Ryan Williams go on IR so it was a no brainer for me. I think Gronk if he plays to potential given his QB is Brady is more valuable.

Edited by schmidty169

That's what I'm thinking.

The only way I can go through with this trade is if I can get Daniels and either Cruz or Green(I can't decide which) for Gronk and either Brown or Maclin.

Which would you offer? There is no way I'm giving up Gronk and Marshall, even if Marshall can be a headache.

Marshell use to be a headache, he has been pretty good in that regards this year. He seems to have his head together which he attributed to a personality disorder not a personality flaw. So far his treatment seems to be working. You can't fix bad, but you might fix crazy (I'm not trying to say that in a bad way). So I think if you look at his past potential and his work this year its all up sides with him. I like the WR your offering. Given Green and Cruz rank so much higher then Maclin and Brown. You might have to give up Brown, he ranks higher then Maclin. You might try the haggle approach. As Maclin is less desirable then Brown. Offer up Maclin first and settle for Brown, make him think you caved a little. Your giving him the better TE and getting the better WR. Seems fair to me but you have to make him see that.