[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Antonio Gates thread

isleseeya

i cant grasp what is happening to Antonio Gates and his performance so fart his season in large part because i keep reading he is pretty healthy at this point and read that gates himself is surprised he is seeing more single coverage than he has in years ...

VJax is gone , Matthews has not gone off yet because of injuries and temporary demotion to Battle and even Rosario went off when gates was out with injury in week 2. Gates produced more when he played through plantar fascitis issue

what gives ? what if anything else is contributing to incredible lack of production on gates part ?

any local huddlers have some more info and insight ?

and can gates become productive again ...soon ?

Very frustrated

i cant grasp what is happening to Antonio Gates and his performance so fart his season in large part because i keep reading he is pretty healthy at this point and read that gates himself is surprised he is seeing more single coverage than he has in years ...

VJax is gone , Matthews has not gone off yet because of injuries and temporary demotion to Battle and even Rosario went off when gates was out with injury in week 2. Gates produced more when he played through plantar fascitis issue

what gives ? what if anything else is contributing to incredible lack of production on gates part ?

any local huddlers have some more info and insight ?

and can gates become productive again ...soon ?

Very frustrated

I think you answered your own question.

Dropped balls and bad passes are what I've seen happen, bad calls have also played a minor role such as the final drive in the NO game. Gates actually got dropped in my league, if I had the room I'd scoop him as a backup to Gonzalez

Out of pure curiosity how big is your league and what tight end did he drop him for ?

Edited by Seahawk

10 man league standard scoring start one TE with 6 bench spots for whatever you want. The owner that had Gates also had Pettigrew and now dropped Gates for Scott Chandler. In a league where you start 1 TE and typically only have 1 benched that pretty much leaves any TE outside of the top 20 unusable maybe a bye week player but still. I understand it is Gates and I'm not sure why he's struggling. The Chargers are my second team that I follow only after Redskins. In one game Dante Rosario nearly doubled what Gates has done all season. Must be very frustrating for Gates, let's just hope he picks it up.

I'm in a 10 team league with a 5 man bench. I just dropped Gates for Rudolph. He used to be the #1 option behind LT for years.

I think that even though relatively healthy that the offense is not quite as good (Matthews and Floyd v. LT, and VJax and others) and he has lost a step.

He will have a good game or 2, but I'd rather roll with the up and comer who has been finding the end zone right now. That said if he's available I may pick him back up for my bye week.

The reason I asked is, I'm in a 12 team league 1 spot for tight end and another can be used in the flex. I have Hernandez, so I've had to roll with Gates measly 12 fantasy points for the year. I want to drop him, which is why I asked. The problem I'm having dropping him is. One his potential is undeniable and two I'd rather have him go off on my bench then on someone else's roster. Yet there's no one to start in his place. Available tight ends are Zach Miller, Fleener, Myers, Kendricks and Heap. These aren't what you would call great options. As crazy as it might sound, I'm so tired of Gates none production I'm seriously flirting with dropping Zach Miller in his spot. In the little of what i've seen of Gates (just two games) he just seems to have lost a step and his vert has been cut in half. Rivers as well is not hitting or compensating for this and they just haven't been able to connect.

Edited by Seahawk

Zach Miller isn't even on a team right now and hes on IR. If that's all that is there wait on dropping him unless you absolutely need the room. Those TEs are on the waivers for a reason. Hernandez should be back and go to go so you don't really need to worry about it unless he gets hurt.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/388992-move-rg3/

I have Gates and Pitta....I struggle every week on which to start....all the other TEs, as we hold 2 in our league....Rudolph, Chandler, and others that have been wwired are gone...I could start Pitta but then I feel that Gates will go off...I am 3-2 and still 2nd in the division with no production from my TE cuz I have never started Pitta, but I am thinking I have to now....Right?

I think he will be frustrating the rest of the year. He may go off once or twice this year, but it will be hard to tell when and the frustration of the other weeks won't be worth it. I tried 4 different trades offering him, and had no takers. Have Bennett and Pitta so I dropped him to get Ballard thus week to play over CJ0K.

I have watched him this year when he has been running his routes. He is really struggling to get separation from the defender on almost every play. It's really sad because in his heyday he could get open consistently. I think he'll have games where he resembles the Gates of old, but trying to predict those games will be almost impossible.

Gates is done. I just don't see it happening with him with Matthews being supposedly a "Sproles" type player he's your safety valve. Then after that you still have Floyd & Meachem who still create big plays and are playmakers. After dealing with Gates last year, I rather not keep taking the pain pills for this headache.

I have watched him this year when he has been running his routes. He is really struggling to get separation from the defender on almost every play. It's really sad because in his heyday he could get open consistently. I think he'll have games where he resembles the Gates of old, but trying to predict those games will be almost impossible.

This explains it and i know you are a homer for chargers so you are seeing him play closely each week ... I fear that he may continue to struggle but i hope not . Not looking good . I have to start him this week and then start rolling with greg olsen

This explains it and i know you are a homer for chargers so you are seeing him play closely each week ... I fear that he may continue to struggle but i hope not . Not looking good . I have to start him this week and then start rolling with greg olsen

He may have one of his good games this week. I wish you luck!

Take this with a grain of salt considering the goofiness of the league, but in an 8-team league, me and my co-workers voted to drop him. Dude has 14.3 fantasy points. We went with the homer favorite Kyle Rudolph. It at least gives the Viking fans I work with something to root for every week.

In 10 or larger team formats, I'd probably hold him another week or so.

That said, rib injuries are hard to shake, especially for TEs. Keep in mind, even pass-catching TEs like Gates still block more than the average pass-catcher... and they get hit after catching the ball too of course.

Add in the fact that even though they may not claim his foot is still an issue, it very well could be.

Zach Miller isn't even on a team right now and hes on IR. If that's all that is there wait on dropping him unless you absolutely need the room. Those TEs are on the waivers for a reason. Hernandez should be back and go to go so you don't really need to worry about it unless he gets hurt.

http://forums.thehud...88992-move-rg3/

I'm talking about the Zach Miller that plays for Seattle. Agree about Hernandez

I've decided to employ the use of positive thoughts towards Gates. Thoughts of Gates making leaping catches, one handed grabs toes inside the lines, tons of YAC and multipal touchdowns. I've already started my meditation.

I dropped him and I'm rolling with Pitta (god help me) and Olsen from here on out. I seem to be on a roll with TEs. D Clark in 2011 and Antonio Hates me in 2012.

I dropped him as well in2 leagues. The people who wouldn't trade scooped him up. I think they are just going by the name. 12 points in 5 weeks speaks for itself.

After Maclin and Nelson showing up, I have a feeling Gates is going to join the coming out party. He is a tremendous athlete who in my opinion set the bar for the TE position. He has shown a lot of heart playing through some tough and lingering injuries. I am speaking not as a fantasy owner but just as someone who admires athleticism and perseverance.