[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reality Has Kicked In

Menudo

The Steelers are on a down-slide. They are still dangerous enough to beat some good teams, with Roethlsiberger and a good passing game. However, their defense just isn't what it once was. Polamalu cannot stay on the field, and they simply don't make the big stops when they need to. Last week with the lead, the Eagles drove down and scored. This week, with a 7 point lead, they allow the Titans to drive down and score. They just aren't getting it done. This is definitely looking like a non-Playoff season for the Steelers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers are on a down-slide. They are still dangerous enough to beat some good teams, with Roethlsiberger and a good passing game. However, their defense just isn't what it once was. Polamalu cannot stay on the field, and they simply don't make the big stops when they need to. Last week with the lead, the Eagles drove down and scored. This week, with a 7 point lead, they allow the Titans to drive down and score. They just aren't getting it done. This is definitely looking like a non-Playoff season for the Steelers.

Consider it karma for your schadenfreude about GB last week. :shades:

How about an offensive line...I hear that helps...as a fan of a team that no longer has an offensive line, I can say that makes a big difference...

Well, they did use their first two picks on Offensive Line this year. One of them got put on I/R before the season started and the other is still developing. Agreed, their O-Line is awful. It stifles the running game, which takes away the play-action passing, which is Ben's biggest strength. If it wasn't for having a mobile, hard to bring down QB like Roethlisberger, things would be even worse.

Better or worse .... Pittsburgh fan or Cowboys fan ...

This year, I think we are running neck and neck. Like I said, there is still time to turn it around, but, it's not looking good right now.

I don't remember saying anything about the Packers. :thinking:

I had you confused with Hugh One.

Now I feel bad, like I just accidentally dropped a horrible ethnic slur on ya. Sorry. :kicksrock:

Edited by Chavez

I'm not even a Steelers fan, but I can't help but feel sorry for them and their fans. I thought they had a great draft(time will show they did, just not this year, apparently) and felt like there was just so much promise for their o-line. And now, not just DeCastro but all the injuries tonight, plus maybe some age catching up with their defense has me worried for them. As bad as things appear, however, I think it will make for some entertaining though potentially heartbreaking football games with a lot of Big Ben 4th quarter rallies.

I had you confused with Hugh One.

Now I feel bad, like I just accidentally dropped a horrible ethnic slur on ya. Sorry. :kicksrock:

My attorney will be in touch, as I am suing for defamation of character. :unsure:

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for the Steelers or their fans, but nice to see a realistic homer viewpoint. The number of injuries alone decimated that team, going into the game then during the game. When they start talking about a TE plaing OL, that is pretty bad. And when they first said "Batch carries the ball..." I thought, Charlie Batch, didn't know he was still with the team. Nice to finally get an update on Mendenhall in the 3rd Qtr after he'd been out since early in the game.

I gotta say, that Redman has some heart. I think he could be a decent RB given a high volume of carries. Seems impossible to bring down, always seems to be going forward.

Don't worry Menudo, you got at least a couple more wins coming when you face the Browns.

So, with no hockey, and the Steelers sucking donkey balls, and Penn State in the dumpster, what the hell are you gonna do all winter? :unsure:

Actually, this has been my favorite Penn State season in quite some time. Those kids that stayed are playing with a lot of heart and Bill O'Brien is a phenomenal coach !!

As for the Steelers and No Hockey............ :kicksrock: