[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow....Mike Vick

alexgaddis

From the fantasy perspective Vick's final stat line was quite respectable. There's more going in Philly than just suboptimal QB play. How about some late defense and some more running?

that's too much to ask. the running game and defense are Vick's fault too.

I seriously think the Eagles need to consider benching Michael Vick. I know it is difficult because of the physical abilities that he brings to the table.

The physical abilities that he brings to the table are a shell of what they were just two years ago.

He is starting for two reasons, and two reasons only: (1) this was Reid's call to keep him over Kolb and other options, so he is going to roll with his decision because he's a stubborn tart, and (2) they are paying him too much money to sit.

That said, Vick has led them to two 4th quarter TDs that have given them the lead with less than 5 minutes to play....and when asked to protect the leaf, the defense lost both games. The Eagles are 31st in the league in sacks....their LBs have been hurt, and when healthy, average at best. Not much Vick can do about either of those facts :shrug:

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

The new coach will bring in a new QB next year.

+1. As I said before, this is more than Vick.

The Eagles underperformed last year with a terrible defensive effort. Coaching changes were talked about and then nothing happened. This year, the team is underperforming with problems, again, on defense. They're doing basically the exact same things and expecting a different result because......why exactly? No one should be surprised.

+1. As I said before, this is more than Vick.

True, but he's a big part of the problem. His ball control is absolutely horrific. I realize his O-line sucks, and he's getting hammered on a regular basis, but his holding onto the ball for so long is part of the problem, and him holding the ball carelessly on a regular basis is also a big part. Some of his fumbles this year have come as a result of fairly innocuous looking hits.