[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Thread?

CowboysDiehard

:bash:

P.S. Awful clock management after that Bryant catch. I'm not impressed with Jason Garrett as a head coach. Call a time-out, run a sideline pattern and get yourself closer for the field goal. Instead, they stand around in confusion, and let the clock run down for a low percentage field goal chance.

Edited by Menudo

Matt Bryant hits 55 yard game-winning FG for the Falcons. Dan Bailey misses a 51-yd FG sending Dallas to a loss and a 2-3 record. I'm sick.

this. i've seen enough of jason

He seems like a very good guys, but, the lack of discipline and poor clock management falls squarely on the coaching staff. It is a coaching staff's job to instill focus in their team. Like I said a couple of times, the Cowboys really should have won that game.

As always ... until Jerry hires another GM and allows that GM full authority as a GM and allows his coach full authority as the HC the Cowboys will never amount to much. Dez is a PERFECT example of how insufficient Jerry is as a GM ... Jerry likes to draft the sexy skill positions and ignores the trenches. So those fancy skill position players can't be as effective because the OL can't block for Romo and the DL can't pressure the QB. And to boot Dez is a head case that can't seem to play for a full game ... he was screaming for a PI on the 2pt conversion when the ball hit him right on his frickin hands ... he HAS to catch that ball. Bailey is another perfect example of the insufficiency of Jerry as a GM ... in this day and age kickers are hitting 50 yarders pretty regularly ... but as long as Jerry insists on bargain basement shopping for kickers we can't be surprised when the kicking game is inconsistent.

The penalties are an indication of a lack of discipline ... and that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. The Cowboys consistently have penalties that kill drives on offense and extend drives on defense. The breakdown in special teams is also a lack of discipline.

Really it is a shame to see them go into Baltimore and come so close to winning and come us short because they can't minimize their mistakes.

Well, the Cowboys can't pry a win out of Baltimore. Man, when one part of the team works another one breaks down. It's getting ridiculous Murray having a HUGH day, goes down with a foot, enter Jones to get another 90 and the score. Murray could have had a 200 yard multiple score game but no. It's like someone is secretly flipping switches as soon as something is going well they flip the switch and it breaks down. This week it's the special teams and Defense.

This Defense is just plain Bi-Polar. They go two three and outs while the Ravens go conservative then let Flacco walk down the field like Tom Brady for a score.

Bryant makes some great plays to overcome 3rd and 27. 3rd and 27 mind you. He then scores and completes the show by letting a perfect pass from Romo carom off his pads. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up. That' the second time in two weeks I have used the word Carom. Not good..........

Did I mention Ogletree sucks big open sore, fly infested, on the way to the glue factory donkey balls...........Dude runs out of bounds all the time, then can't catch, and then false starts. Time to see someone else.

And where the hell was Austin?

Now Romo played as I expected him too. Really made things happen today for the team but to rush for 220 yards and lose giving up 30 points is just mind numbing. My man Slip came through today and with a little help could have pulled off the unthinkable road win. Yeah he made another pick throwing back into the middle of the field which cost us the three points we could have used to win but I can take that if he plays like he did today.

The O line looked DOMINANT today. However, the stupid penalties are killing us. Smith, Free have their gun sites firmly zeroed on their feet. It's a wonder they have flesh left to shoot at. Costa was a difference maker today on the Oline in protections and line blocking. But now the line still has to get use to a new center and timing so they will have a few more weeks of timing issues is suspect.

Hopefully the niners can beat the Giants so we don't lose any ground.

If we could get hot and put together a clean game, we could be really tough to beat. We'll see, nice game though.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Every week Cowboyz1 gushes over how phenomenal Romo is. I'll give you that he made some great throws today. His INT was an awful throw. However, I want to hear how you justify that he comes into the league as the WORST QB in the entire NFL on 3rd Downs. They also said that he had the most INT's on 3rd downs in the entire league. Every week, you tell us how the Cowboys lost in spite of Romo, but, 3rd Down is when the elite QB's step up. Not only is he not among the elite on that down, he is the absolute worst in the NFL. Please make your excuses.......err explain that stat.

P.S. I was really pulling for your boys today and understand your frustration. Take a way the penalties, and the Cowboys don't need the miracle ending for a victory.

Edited by Menudo