[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sports SUCKS

Ram Tough

Here's a crazy idea: Stop giving them hundreds of dollars and go somewhere else.

YW.

Yeah, except according to other posts/threads MFL and Yahoo were having the same problem. Every CBS problem reported here is magnified by the people that hate CBS and love MFL. However I never hear people talking about dropping MFL when they have serious problems.

Same problems, hundreds of dollars cheaper. Tough decision.

Hundreds of dollars cheaper? Really is somebody paying you to use MFL or Yahoo? Last I heard CBS approx $150, MFL $50.

Whatever, I don't really care, just tired of all the bashing CBS takes when all the other "better sites" have the same problem.

Hundreds of dollars cheaper? Really is somebody paying you to use MFL or Yahoo? Last I heard CBS approx $150, MFL $50.

Whatever, I don't really care, just tired of all the bashing CBS takes when all the other "better sites" have the same problem.

Gotcha, we should make sure to at least appropriate 33% of our dismay for CBS to the cheaper sites.

Or according to you, not whine because we should have expected this when we read the TOS :rolleyes:

Or maybe when someone is paying a large corporation 3x as much, then maybe it is appropriate to expect them to have servers and programs that can make good on the sizeable added expense. Just a thought...

CBS - $150. Yahoo - Free. Percentage difference between $150 and free - INFINITE.

If you don't like listening to people bash CBS, don't open a thread called "CBS Sports SUCKS".

Once again, YW.

Gotcha, we should make sure to at least appropriate 33% of our dismay for CBS to the cheaper sites.

Or according to you, not whine because we should have expected this when we read the TOS :rolleyes:

Or maybe when someone is paying a large corporation 3x as much, then maybe it is appropriate to expect them to have servers and programs that can make good on the sizeable added expense. Just a thought...

If all the sites were having problems as reported, because stats that feed them were not accurate, how can CBS handle that.

CBS - $150. Yahoo - Free. Percentage difference between $150 and free - INFINITE.

If you don't like listening to people bash CBS, don't open a thread called "CBS Sports SUCKS".

Once again, YW.

$150 is not "hudreds" unless you mean 1.5 hundreds ;)

My point is people here have a thing against CBS, and rip it without even using it, just because it costs more and they think MFL, Yahoo or something else is superior. When MFL is down, I don't see people saying "get rid of them they suck" but every little problem with CBS has those responses.

I'm not glued to my PC watching the game tracker all day, and when I am using it and other things with my CBS league I've rarely had problems.

Every site sucks, when they're having problems.

None of the sites are perfect. I have used Yahoo, MFL and CBS. They all suck for different reasons. If you want to deal with the limited fnuctionality of Yahoo and pay nothing.. Awesome! If you want to live with the highly configurable MFL in which you need a degree in website design to make the site usable.. Awesome! If you want to use the highly inflated, often problematic but user friendly CBS... Awesome! They all suck at times, for all different reasons. I leave it up to the owners in my league. They like CBS. They each pay like $12 each for the site fee every year, and that is fine with me. No site is perfect. All this arguing over which is better is rediculous. Some of you need to get out of the house once in a while and stop gluing yourselves to the live scoring all day.

• Like 1

ESPN is not right either unless I am missing something...didn't Houston block a punt and cover it for a TD last night? I only see 2 pts on my team for their D/ST so far unless for some odd reason we don't get points for blocked punts that are recovered in the end zone for a TD?

ETA: Just read our rules and looks like they are correct as we lose points for allowing a butt load of points and yardage too. Darn.

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

Am I the only one playing at NFL.com? I have never had any problems and it is free. Is there a reason I don't know about since NFL.com is never mentioned as an option?

My point is people here have a thing against CBS, and rip it without even using it, just because it costs more and they think MFL, Yahoo or something else is superior. When MFL is down, I don't see people saying "get rid of them they suck" but every little problem with CBS has those responses.

The animosity towards CBS goes much, much deeper - and for good reason. They played a bait-and-switch game on users a few years back when mfl.com was starting to roll up some momemtum in its product. Some people here stuck by mfl.com when it happened - mostly because their customer support was second to none, but also because mfl.com thought outside the box and offered a superior product for those who were dreaming up more complex scoring systems with full IDPs, multiple flex sets, differential ppr, etc.

CBS saw what mfl.com was doing and offered their product for free in a blatant attempt to bankrupt mfl.com. I believe mfl.com was offered for $60/season back then. Then the year after they got lots of leagues to switch over because it was free and had some nice user friendly graphics and live scoring, CBS then jumped their price to I believe $119/season (hence the bait-and-switch). In the meantime, mfl.com didn't raise their prices and kept responding well to customer feedback to evolve their product while giving sterling customer service, whereas CBS after their price jump offered almost literally no customer service and had their site go down regularly after their price jump. Literally almost every week we had threads about CBS' shortcomings and FFers inability to access the site and their teams, especially at critical times, despite CBS charging leagues twice what mfl.com was the year after. CBS has then carried out their scheme to this day and many are still dupes for them, unfortunately.

The vets here remember this war well and CBS' tactics well. It was IMO and in many other's opinion dirty tricks and underhanded business practices on CBS' part, as well as charging substantially more for a product that performed much more poorly. CBS earned its animosity at this board, and it appears they've done little to make things better. That's why you see such bad attitudes directed at CBS, and will continue to do so.

I agree - if you don't like it, I would suggest not venturing into these kinds of threads. CBS has earned every bit of disrespect and grudge accorded to them. When mfl.com has problems, we know it isn't because they are intentionally short changing their customers, and have earned the respect and affection from many here - and this is why you'll see people cut them slack. They're the best in the business for a reason, and they were the original out-of-the-box league management pioneers (in league with FFLM).

Edited by Bronco Billy