[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS is out

SEC=UGA

In case you haven't seen it, six SEC teams in the top 12... Yes, the BCS is flawed.

1. Bama

2. Florida

3. Organ

4. K. State (This is a joke, right?)

5. Notre Dame (Not a chance, but this may be all bias talking.)

6. LSU (not impressed)

7. USC (gamecocks. They're not this good)

8. Organ St. (what?!?!?!)

9. Oklahoma (I guess.)

10. USC ( About right)

11. UGA (lol)

12. Miss. St. (the other Bulldogs ranked too highly)

13. WV (They're better than this, just had an unfortunate meltdown.)

14. FSU

15. Rutgers (Not buying it.)

16. Louisville (See "Rutgers")

17. Texas Tech (C'mon back to the SEC Tubberville, UT could use yer help, then again, so could Auburn)

18. TX A&M

19. Clemson (They're better than this. They would beat Rutgers, Louisville, TT and A&M. Probably UGA, too.)

20. Stanford (They're better than this)

21. Cincinnati (Nope.)

22. Boise

23. TCU

24. Iowa St.

25. Texas

Ok, what is missing here... Oh, the entire Big 10...

Seriously, not one Big 10 team in the top 25? Did I miss something in there? Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati, TT, Iowa Freaking St.... Seriously, WI, Neb, MI St., PSU, NW, Iowa, MI, none of these guys could crack the top 25 in place of these other guys? Oh, and OSU, I thought for sure they'd be in there somewhere, but, no, nothing...

This really has to be the first time in history that a Big 10 team is not in the top 25 in the 6th week of the season.

OSU is not ranked in the BCS because they're not bowl eligible. Seems dumb to me because wins or losses against them still count, but that's the reason.

Forgot about that... It threw me because they are in the top 10 in the other two polls.

• 2 weeks later...

4. K. State (This is a joke, right?)

13. WV (They're better than this, just had an unfortunate meltdown.)

17. Texas Tech (C'mon back to the SEC Tubberville, UT could use yer help, then again, so could Auburn)

You were soooo right. K-State is a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Will be an intersting finish, still go to Baylor and host Texas...no Big 12 CG this year so they may be there in the end. Does Texas lay down to get the Big 12 1 spot in the BCS NC game? Not that KSU can't be them outright, but it make you wonder what really happens with games like this.

Will be an intersting finish, still go to Baylor and host Texas...no Big 12 CG this year so they may be there in the end. Does Texas lay down to get the Big 12 1 spot in the BCS NC game? Not that KSU can't be them outright, but it make you wonder what really happens with games like this.

Recognizing the $$ benefit to the conference, I often wonder this when situations like these arise (which is damned near every year) and always think that surely nobody would do something as sleazy as that.

I mean, it's barely different than point shaving (actually, it's not really different at all). Throwing a game for financial benefit.

Fortunately, pride and the will to win seem to carry the day as the conference rival with a chance to do this plays like it's their Super Bowl and actually wins with uncanny frequency.

In fairness, I wasn't calling for either to actually happen, just saying that because they do more often than we expect, my faith in the spirit of competition is preserved.

Let's hope more happens before it is all said and done....BAMA vs. UND does not excite me at all

Let's hope more happens before it is all said and done....BAMA vs. UND does not excite me at all

What does? Two iconic programs? What's not to like about that? For all the speculation about whether or not ND can hang with these teams, we simply don't know.

What I do know is that, having seen ND play a few times, they do what they need to do to win games. They did it to a Stanford team that shut down Oregon. They did it to an OU team that wouldn't go away for a while until ND put them down. ND may not have a murderer's row for a schedule, but they fill it up with BCS-level teams. If OSU was not on probation, nobody would be saying "boo" about them being in it and ND plays a tougher schedule than they do.

I'm no ND fan, but I just know enough to know that none of us can predict for crap what will and won't be a good BCS title game.

What does? Two iconic programs? What's not to like about that? For all the speculation about whether or not ND can hang with these teams, we simply don't know.

What I do know is that, having seen ND play a few times, they do what they need to do to win games. They did it to a Stanford team that shut down Oregon. They did it to an OU team that wouldn't go away for a while until ND put them down. ND may not have a murderer's row for a schedule, but they fill it up with BCS-level teams. If OSU was not on probation, nobody would be saying "boo" about them being in it and ND plays a tougher schedule than they do.

I'm no ND fan, but I just know enough to know that none of us can predict for crap what will and won't be a good BCS title game.

Just very tired of Bama, so Bama vs. anyone at this point would make me want to puke. LSU let them off the hook, I would have loved to see LSU / Oregon.

I will root for UND now to win it, still not sold on how good they are, the Pitt game and others puts that in question, however they did beat a very good OU team so let's hope they can hang with a top SEC school.

• 1 month later...

now we know......ND did not belong, Oregon vs. Bama would have been the game to see....an OT loss cost them...and us!

Just very tired of Bama, so Bama vs. anyone at this point would make me want to puke. LSU let them off the hook, I would have loved to see LSU / Oregon.

I will root for UND now to win it, still not sold on how good they are, the Pitt game and others puts that in question, however they did beat a very good OU team so let's hope they can hang with a top SEC school.

now we know......ND did not belong, Oregon vs. Bama would have been the game to see....an OT loss cost them...and us!

You can't have it both ways. You can't complain about the title game because you're tired of Bama and would puke at the thought of them vs anyone and then come back and say, "See? ND didn't belong. It should have been Bama vs someone else"

Listen, I'm absolutely no fan of the BCS. In fact, it's largely driven me away from college ball. Bowl season used to be appt TV for me. Now it's something I may catch if I've literally got nothing better to do. That equated to me watching about 3 quarters in total of the bowls this year.

With a play-off, ND likely would have been knocked off last week and we may have gotten a better game.

However, given the format, ND "deserved" to be in that game as much as any team ever has. They went undefeated playing a schedule that was on par with any number of BCS schools.

Hell, you don't have to go very far back when OSU got beaten pretty badly by FL. There wasn't a person alive who questioned OSU's credentials, but they actually played a schedule that was no better than ND's this year. In fact, the only thing anyone was complaining about then was that Michigan, a team that ultimately got run by SC in the Rose Bowl, should have been there instead of the FL team that dismantled OSU in the title game.

You can't have it both ways. You can't complain about the title game because you're tired of Bama and would puke at the thought of them vs anyone and then come back and say, "See? ND didn't belong. It should have been Bama vs someone else"

Listen, I'm absolutely no fan of the BCS. In fact, it's largely driven me away from college ball. Bowl season used to be appt TV for me. Now it's something I may catch if I've literally got nothing better to do. That equated to me watching about 3 quarters in total of the bowls this year.

With a play-off, ND likely would have been knocked off last week and we may have gotten a better game.

However, given the format, ND "deserved" to be in that game as much as any team ever has. They went undefeated playing a schedule that was on par with any number of BCS schools.

Hell, you don't have to go very far back when OSU got beaten pretty badly by FL. There wasn't a person alive who questioned OSU's credentials, but they actually played a schedule that was no better than ND's this year. In fact, the only thing anyone was complaining about then was that Michigan, a team that ultimately got run by SC in the Rose Bowl, should have been there instead of the FL team that dismantled OSU in the title game.

Det....I said "now we know"....I did not say "I told you so" or "I knew this would be a blowout" simply pointing out that after watching one half of th game (stomach could not take the 2nd half) ND did not belong. Based on what they did leading up to the game...they earned their spot...we just have a bad system in place for most years. K-State would have been crushed as well, and Oregon might have not been able to keep this game close. I was not excited aboutthis game for a while...tried to convince myself it would be close...but it sucked.