[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

50/50 split in the NHL..... are we going to see Hockey finally or Not?

archiebonker

50/50 Split offered by the owners today. Like to hear your opinion on this and what do you think will happen?

As long as they keep the Salary Cap (I'm good to go).

Just wish they would go with 2 Divisions (or what ever you want to call them). EAST vs WEST and have the top 8 teams in each, make the playoffs.

And make sure every team plays in each city at least once. This way everyone can see each team in the league play against their home club.

How does Gary Bettmann still have his job? 3rd time in 11 seasons that there's a work stoppage because of him. We lost an entire NHL season under him. I wish bad things to happen to him, really bad things.

The fact that the majority of NHL players are playing somewhere else is a pretty clear indication that there will be no hockey this season. And no one would be happier than me if I was wrong.

• Like 1

How does Gary Bettmann still have his job? 3rd time in 11 seasons that there's a work stoppage because of him. We lost an entire NHL season under him. I wish bad things to happen to him, really bad things.

The fact that the majority of NHL players are playing somewhere else is a pretty clear indication that there will be no hockey this season. And no one would be happier than me if I was wrong.

And let's be clear. The players certainly gave in last time. If I were a player, and had other options (many of which being in my home country, actually) and these jokers, after getting the players to give up a ton of money, come back just 7 years later and say they still can't make it work?

I'm on the Owners side actually. I'm really scared that the players union wants to get rid of the Salary Cap. This would rune the league. Keep the Cap , but lower it. Stop going up. 50/50 split, add two more teams into the league and make it a even split with two Conferences (EAST vs WEST), make sure each team plays in each city so everyone can see each player.

They should also lower the amount of years teams are allowed to sign players too.

If they also got rid of the ridiculous requirement that players have to be in the league for 10 years (or something like that) before they can become a free agent, then maybe this has a shot of working.

I don't see the players trying to get rid of the cap - what I do see is an ass load of owners finding ways to circumvent the CBA THEY got last time and causing more problems which brought us to this lockout once again. And I bet they do it again.

• 2 months later...