[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Job for Me and Mrs. FBJ

Footballjoe

Just last week my wife landed a job as a Social Worker at a rehab center. She had been going to college while raising the kids and graduated about 4 years ago at the top of her class. She had only been able to get work in her field once but left that job after 6 months when she determined they were "bad" people to work for. The week before she left numerous others walked out including some that were high on the totum pole. She has been working at a funeral home since and running one of the offices, however they would never make her full time and paid her bird feed. Her new job will be part time to start but double her previous salary with the opportunity for full time. Its a well respected company.

As for me I was scheduled to be part of a RIF on July 1 but got extended to the end of the year. I was told yesterday that I was accepted for a job as a Code Enforcement Inspector with a local city agency. We still have to work out the money and the start date though. I can retire from my job and get a salary from the new job since we are under different retirement plans.

Right now life is good. Just wanted to say for all those looking for jobs to hang in there and don't give up.

• Like 1