[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks Vernon, appreciate the 0.

Geo33

Davis has out performed expectations up to this point. He's been know to disappear in games just look at last years fantasy production. i'm guessing you drafted him somewhere in the 7th or 8th maybe 9th. thats not a bad return thus far. It was Carter's time anyway, he was due. Still sucks.

Edited by Seahawk

I just traded for him! Pitta and Olson had been killing me!

Vernon Davis - TE - San Francisco 49ers Posted 10/19/12 12:22am et facebook_thumb.jpg twitter_thumb2.gif San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis didn't catch a pass Thursday night in a 13-6 win over the Seattle Seahawks. Huddle Up: Even more shocking, Davis wasn't even targeted in the contest which featured only 1 TD -- a 12-yard scoring reception by fellow TE Delanie Walker. It was the first time Davis has gone without a catch in a game since Week 13 in 2008 against the Bills. Davis came into the night with 23 catches for 340 yards and 4 TDs.

Just traded Crabtree for Heath Miller. At least I have a choice for who to put in now if I don't want Davis.

I suppose it depends on your team, but I'll take his upside and deal with a few games like this any day. You'll be kicking yourself the next time he goes for 80 yds and 2 TDs.

I don't know. One thing I realized is that I like consistency or at least a chance. That's why I got rid of Fitzgerald for Demaryus Thomas. That's why I got rid of Ridley for Matthews, and that's why I'll end up playing miller or Davis.

I started Vernon in a few leagues and his anomaly certainly stings. But to say you want Heath freak'n Miller over Davis is just plain asinine. Gore had a HUGH night and that alone could have accounted for a few things. The Seattle secondary is pretty stout and teams have been double, almost TRIPLE teaming Davis since a few games back. While I don't expect last nights low production to continue, I'll happily trudge out Davis over almost any TE.

Davis has been targeted in the redzone 10 times in the last 22 games. To put it into perspective, Heath miller has been targeted in the redzone 10 times this season. Facts don't lie. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna start heath miller regularly, but he's definitely an option. Especially next week as Davis goes up against Arizonas strong D.

He got 1 pt in IDP leagues

Thank God for turnovers ;)

Do most IDP leagues award defensive scoring for offensive players? (Apparently not in Zooty's league)

I'm sure that makes scoring setup simpler, all players score the same way. Your kicker throws a TD he gets the points. Defensive player catches a TD pass on a strange formation and they get 6 points. (Was it Vrabel that many of these for the Pats?) So why not have a QB/RB/WR/TE get points for tackles.

It was an extremely low scoring game, with tons of rushing by SF, and apparently VD was blanketed all game. After making some risky passes Smith started checking down more to the RB when they threw it. They were getting 10-12 yards per play (pass or rush) for a while in the 2nd half. I had him on my team for a few years, and this would happen from time to time.

Just traded for him as well, and it stings. Especially since I could've had heath Miller for the same price.

I wonder if Manningham being out had anything to do with it. Defenses stopped worrying about Randy Moss a long time ago - ergo - more coverage downfield rolled over on number 85. That and Alex Smith being pretty incompetent didn't help, I'm sure.

The Walker thing sucks - especially singe Vernon laid the block to spring him for the TD.

Between that, good blocking and a great tackle on the pick to stuff Seattle, I'm hoping San Francisco sees all that and realizes they need to utilize him more.

It is Alex Smith, last night was not an anomaly, and defenses are leaning his way. I saw this last week and Marshall Faulk mentioned it at halftime... Smith is not giving routes time to develop. Last week and last night, during several replays you could see Davis running through a zone that would eventually open up but Smith was looking off before he could come open. I'm not talking about beating coverage here, I'm talking about finding spots in zones. Davis is finding them but Smith is crap. I discussed with a buddy of mine that I think I prefer Witten the rest of the way simply because I know his QB will get him the ball when he gets open.

It is Alex Smith, last night was not an anomaly, and defenses are leaning his way. I saw this last week and Marshall Faulk mentioned it at halftime... Smith is not giving routes time to develop. Last week and last night, during several replays you could see Davis running through a zone that would eventually open up but Smith was looking off before he could come open. I'm not talking about beating coverage here, I'm talking about finding spots in zones. Davis is finding them but Smith is crap. I discussed with a buddy of mine that I think I prefer Witten the rest of the way simply because I know his QB will get him the ball when he gets open.

Good points. I thought I saw that too. It was funny, couple of replays Vern seemed to be turning around on a corner route with a hole and the pass had already gone inside.

I dont have "All 22" or anything, but some of the replays also seemed to show the safeties playing back - where Davis's route was taking him - then you'd see Gore just gash the line and have 15 yards of free space until he ran into a safety. I'm not sure if that was a factor too.

It's easy to blame Smith because I don't think anyone is impressed with him, but maybe also the play calling. If the defense is constantly camping out 20 yards back and Davis' routes go right there, it seems prudent to check it down. Why Davis just wasn't turning around 5 yards out or they were running him in a simple in or out route , I don't know. Delanie Walker scored on a short crossing route.

Or maybe it was intentional to open up the defense and pound it with Gore. Take the ball out of a struggling QB's hands.

Ha, I sound like Im pretending to be an OC or I actually know what I'm talking about, but I don't. This is just amateur conjecture, but it seems reasonable to me. Damn it, 0 points. I want a reason!