[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMC

heehawks

I've been holding onto DMC for 7 weeks, fending off trade offers left and right. Holding, holding, and holding, hoping for some breakout or even consistent production. I honestly was thinking that today was going to be the day. A touchdown or two and maybe even 100 yds against the worst rush defense in all of the NFL.

But noooooo. He stinks up the joint again. He sure is reminding me of Chris Johnson last year. Tons of potential, thinking he'll have good games, and only throwing poop in your face. Now, his value is the lowest it's going to get and I won't get anything decent in return, even if people want to still trade for him.

Wathcing the whole game today, I know the Raiders line is iffy, but geez, it sure seems like he just doesn't have it. I think I'm going to have to bench him for McGahee. Then he'll go off for sure.

Any thoughts on why he sux so bad this year?

I wish I knew. His line is doing him no favors to be sure, but he doesn't seem to be bursting and hitting speed like he used to. Today's game was a huge disappointment.

It's so painful to watch. The raiders are Terrible. Dennis Allen is terrible. The OC is terrible. And they are all dragging McFadden down with them.

Honestly I don't think I be ever seen a team misuse a talent like his this badly. Forget the fact that they changed a run blocking scheme that produced a top 7 or 8 running game in 2011 to a zone blocking scheme, knowing that McFadden struggles in that scheme.

How about using him in the passing game? He is dynamic in open space. Palmer does not even LOOK his way. They always send McFadden to the left. Palmer never looks to dump off to the left on his screens. Always to the right or straight ahead. They should have several plays designed to get McFadden in space in the passing game. The same way the Vikes use Harvin. If you can't run the ball use him frequently in the short passing game

Edited by RJV

Forget the fact that they changed a run blocking scheme that produced a top 7 or 8 running game in 2011 to a zone blocking scheme, knowing that McFadden struggles in that scheme.

No, don't forget that fact, because that's the biggest factor in my opinion. The Vikings tried this zone blocking under Childress and it was a total failure. This is all about Coach Ego. They come in with an idea, and they will burn the team to the ground trying to prove that their idea is awesome... and then if it doesn't work, it's only because they didn't have the right talent to execute their genius.

A really good Head Coach will check their ego and adjust their scheme to showcase the strengths of their personnel.

This is a terrible team. I fully blame Allen and the OC. Typical "Pigheaded stubborn I'm right" attitude even though EVERY result shows your not. True leadership is knowing when your wrong and adjusting. Unfortunately for any DMC owner (myself included) this team is totally devoid of any leadership.

But what is crazy about all this is, he continues to put up adequate PPR points, so he tricks me into starting him every week. As bad as he played, I looked at the live scoring, and somehow he got me 12 points. Not great, but only a point less than Marshawn Lynch who rushed for 100 yards. He's not an RB1, but he's solidly 16th in average points in my league.

Fortunately, they seem to be using him a bit more in the passing game the past two weeks.

As a DMC owner I watched the game myself expecting to revel in the resurgence. Instead I came away with:

1. As I feared, even Def teams as weak as the Jags will the load the box and dare Palmer beat them down field. Oak simply doesn't have the talent to consistently stretch the field.

2. Not sure if its the blocking scheme or poor execution but there were few, if any, running lanes.

3. Or perhaps DMC has simply lost a step or is hesitant ala CJ0K. Mike Goodson appears quicker.

4. Finally, and most importantly, from a FF perspective we're stuck. Trade value is plummeting and the same all-knowing fantasy press, TheHuddle included, that claimed this was the match up of the year, will squeal with disappointment. Which will in turn diminish his value even further.

I love FF!!!

I had a trade offer out for almost 2 weeks for DMC, I was offering Ridley, M Floyd and Laurinaitus, owner said he was thinking about it. After the Jacksonville game I cancelled it myself. Now I'm getting nervous.

I already own DMC on one team, he was my #1 pick and I will ride him to the end only because the schedule is so favorable unless I get an offer I can't refuse, but I doubt that will happen.

Gotta ride him if you own him at this point. I saw some highlight breakdowns on ESPN on DMC that shoe himm hesitating and running out of bounds when he should be taking on defenders.

My guess is that DMC is trying really hard to stay healthy, perhaps to the detriment of his game. This combined with whatever goofy nonsense the OC is pulling is dragging DMC down. I am holding out hope that DMC will stay healthy and have a nice late season surge in the FF playoffs.

Edited by BA Baracus

I agree with the consensus here.

I was really thinking about trying to trade for DMC. I have Gore and Foster. Gore's schedule has me leaning towards finding a better schedule and team standings for the 2nd half of the season.

Unless the OC changes the blocking scheme back to last season, I do not see anything, but a rollercoster ride with OAK running game. I still on the fence trying to trade for DMC, but another week to see should help the decision.

I will live and die with him. I have to beleive that if he stays healthy, that he will come around the second half of the year. I do not want to trade him and have him go off and no one is going to give comprable value now.

I will live and die with him. I have to beleive that if he stays healthy, that he will come around the second half of the year. I do not want to trade him and have him go off and no one is going to give comprable value now.

I don't see that us DMC owners have much a choice other than to hold him and hope. Most of us spent a keeper or a 1st round redraft on him and his trade value is down to the point where just his potential alone is worth stashing. Could really use some miracle here...

I'm holding out hope that they eventually start opening some holes for him as they continue to face crapbox Ds . . . if I can hover around .500 and still be in the playoff picture when (not if) he picks it up, I should be golden. That said, it's not easy staying around .500 when your first round pick has been absolute balls.

I don't see that us DMC owners have much a choice other than to hold him and hope. Most of us spent a keeper or a 1st round redraft on him and his trade value is down to the point where just his potential alone is worth stashing. Could really use some miracle here...

Not true, PT Barnum said....

I traded FOR him two weeks ago....gave up AJ Green, which seems rough, but our WR waiver pool was deep and I picked up Denarious Moore..... Wish I'd traded Megatron instead.

Still I think I could unload DMC, but I partly think I want to keep him around.

We shall see said the blind man....

I've officially replaced him with mcgahee in my lineup this week. You are all welcome, since he will now have three tds this weekend as a result of my benching.

Fortunately my move paid off. I won my game by 1.5 points. McGahee in = win. McFadden in = loss.

Funny thing is I'm going to put him back in this weekend!