[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benghazi, Libya

moneymakers

Again and again with the Bush crap - my god!!!

There are a ton of people who also hate Bush and want to lynch Bush. Because we got into a stupid ASS war in Iraq it is now ok for our current admin to intentionally deceive us?

Not at all...I am just amazed that the right can direct so much anger outward without having the balls to have ever projected it inward.

Little defensive, huh?

Do you have some type of mental problem or are you just stupid?

That was just plain rude. Just try to attack me with some kind of stupid response. Well, maybe I misunderstood. You said it was a non-issue, what were you referring to?

Edited by skhyatt

Some of you are just going to have to realize that Obama is inept or corrupt. The Seals at the CIA annex a mile from the Embassy - after they heard the mortar attacks - asked for permission 3 times and were told to stand down every time.

They were private security contractors. Not US military personnel.

Five of them defied orders and went to help. We only know what really happened because 3 of them survived. 28 people connected to the embassy were rescued due to their bravery. Two of them died, many hours after the attack began

Defied orders and died. If they had followed orders, what would have been their fate?

The way this works is that there are levels of notification. The emails we saw were lowest level and unclassified. There would have been two other levels - Secret and Top Secret. The highest level would have gone to The Pentagon, State CIA, and the White House Situation Room, basically as an instant message. All of those places required a return acknowledgement of receipt. The person in the Situation Room was required to notify POTUS. If POTUS cannot be found, the protocol orders in place are to save American lives, first. That clearly did not happen.

There are only a few people who can override the protocol orders. POTUS, VPOTUS, State and Defense -someone said," No, Stand Down." Or, "Do not try save our Americans." Sickening.

I am as mad as mad can get. Americans do not leave Americans behind. If my father was not already buried in Arlington, news that this actually happened would have killed him.

Words Fail.

I'm hazarding a guess that you are not actually an authority on security protocols and communication procedures between the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the White House, and everything you say above regarding the details of what went down is the equivalent of a child vomiting what was just fed to them all over a bib.

I have family that are military officers and defense contractor executives. I cannot tell you what they have told me, but I did find an account that mostly backs up my claims. Some of you won't read it because it came from a caller to Rush Limbaugh's radio show, but as the caller is a retired lieutenant colonel special operations planner for 15 years, you should. You might learn something.

What I got wrong was that there are apparently not separate messages, but panic code words within the bulk of the communication, if I understood what the man was saying. What I said was essentially what happened.

http://www.rushlimba..._rescue_in_1979

Edited by Lady.hawke

I have family that are military officers and defense contractor executives. I cannot tell you what they have told me, but I did find an account that mostly backs up my claims. Some of you won't read it because it came from a caller to Rush Limbaugh's radio show, but as the caller is a retired lieutenant colonel special operations planner for 15 years, you should. You might learn something.

What I got wrong was that there are apparently not separate messages, but panic code words within the bulk of the communication, if I understood what the man was saying. What I said was essentially what happened.

So how would military officers not directly involved with the incident, and especially defense contractor executives (Aerojet?) have so much inside knowledge?

So... let's talk about a few things.

LadyNarc has in fact posted multiple, bogus claims and is the Huddle's resident birther. She even went so far one point as to post a video of Obama showing his passport and then claimed in her post something the video directly proved false (it was his birthdate).

Now those posts are long deleted but they happened. She will LIE to score political points in her own head. She's one it here multiple times, that is simply one example.

Based on that, it is my opinion that she is lying through her teeth here, from her "family are military contractors" to her claim her Dad is buried at Arlington. That, IMO, is a complete fabrication.

Take for it what you will: the first part of this post is FACT, the second my opinion.

So shut up and go away already.

Yes, I learned that he had zero direct knowledge of this particular situation.

If you were a real patriot you would turn in your military officer and defense contractor executive family members who are disclosing such sensitive material to a civilian.

Yes, I learned that he had zero direct knowledge of this particular situation.

If you were a real patriot you would turn in your military officer and defense contractor executive family members who are disclosing such sensitive material to a civilian.

What? All they have done is disclose to me what procedure should be. That is not a breach of national security. I ask a lot of questions of my family that are unanswered.

Again and again with the Bush crap - my god!!!

There are a ton of people who also hate Bush and want to lynch Bush. Because we got into a stupid ASS war in Iraq it is now ok for our current admin to intentionally deceive us?

But those people are not making this into the next watergate. The people raising the battle cry to crucify the Obama administration are all Bush lovers whose only goal is to return the Republicans to power. Has nothing to do with any outrage over 4 lost lives, lying to the American people or anything else. It is 100% politically motivated.

Wow

This board is really nothing but hate. The left is dead wrong on this one. Has nothing to do with Bush or a political agenda. Somebody screwed up big time and they tried to blame it on a video. The coverup or excuse or whatever you call it has caused it to turn political.

The left media has refused to report anything on this. But telling people to shutup and calling them narcs is just plain childish.

I never posted a video of Obama doing anything. Prove it. You can always tell a liberal is cornered when they start spouting nonsense.

And how dare you insult my father?

http://www.histopoli...aveID=383351599

:mouth:

Another lie. As I stated that thread in question is in fact deleted. But you knew that. Just because it's deleted doesn't mean it didn't happen, and now you lie about it.

SHOCKING.

But those people are not making this into the next watergate. The people raising the battle cry to crucify the Obama administration are all Bush lovers whose only goal is to return the Republicans to power. Has nothing to do with any outrage over 4 lost lives, lying to the American people or anything else. It is 100% politically motivated.

I am not a Bush lover.

A couple simple questions...

1. Do you think that when the admin said that this was a spontaneous event spurred by a video that they really thought that was the cause and what what happened?

2. If your answer to #1 is no - you are OK with them feeding the American public false information?

So... let's talk about a few things.

LadyNarc has in fact posted multiple, bogus claims and is the Huddle's resident birther. She even went so far one point as to post a video of Obama showing his passport and then claimed in her post something the video directly proved false (it was his birthdate).

Now those posts are long deleted but they happened. She will LIE to score political points in her own head. She's one it here multiple times, that is simply one example.

Based on that, it is my opinion that she is lying through her teeth here, from her "family are military contractors" to her claim her Dad is buried at Arlington. That, IMO, is a complete fabrication.

Take for it what you will: the first part of this post is FACT, the second my opinion.

So shut up and go away already.

You have been called out in other threads for stating things that other people have posted and when called out to show where that person actually said or posted those things you disappear. I put that right up there with lying but I guess if you type it then it is ok??

I also consider myself kind of cocky and sometimes an Ahole but I don't think I would go out of my way to call someone on an assumed lie that is about a dead parent. That to me is classless. I think a lot of what she/he (LadyHawke) writes is wacko but I think that crosses the line a bit.

If I get to a certain number of posts am I able to tell another user to go away? What is the protocol for that? just curious.

Not really buying this. Any Watergate reference is because of so many concerns around an appearance of a coverup. This is different for several reasons but one fact is 4 people were killed and the information flow from the Executive Branch is one of misdirection and still is today given 6 or so weeks as passed.

It is easy to say this 100% political because it is big news when the story doesn't match to the information, not mention a Political appointee was killed. One group wants answers and one wants to slow play this. Where you are wrong IMO, is thinking there shouldn't be outrage and people don't care simply because of politics. It should be obvious to any with a rudimentary understanding of mortars to know this was coordinated.

The politics is because the handling of this was poor. This is the reason this story has become big. BTW, the Bush Lovers? Really? Isn't that linkage getting really old. Half of the USA are not big on Obama because of Obama. Bush has nothing to do with it at this point.

I don't believe Obama knew enough about this incident real time so it is not a Watergate but his handling of this after the fact does go to leadership. This Administration should have held a press conference and not sold us a bill of goods around a narrative. I am sure Obama wants to get to the bottom of this and I am also sure he already has. What he doesn't seem to want to do is address it so close to the election and that is political 100%.

Information flows real time and between drones, satellites, survivors, and real time information the government; already knows what has happened. Thinking otherwise 6 weeks post is foolish regardless of politics.

No need to comment on the attacks by a few members other than to say it childish big time and does nothing to further this event.

Edited by Ice1

You have been called out in other threads for stating things that other people have posted and when called out to show where that person actually said or posted those things you disappear. I put that right up there with lying but I guess if you type it then it is ok??

I also consider myself kind of cocky and sometimes an Ahole but I don't think I would go out of my way to call someone on an assumed lie that is about a dead parent. That to me is classless. I think a lot of what she/he (LadyHawke) writes is wacko but I think that crosses the line a bit.

If I get to a certain number of posts am I able to tell another user to go away? What is the protocol for that? just curious.

I can't believe anything she claims.

I "disappear"?

ETA: I am not trying to impugn anyone's service to this country, and if it came off perceived like that I do apologize. But I don't believe a word this person posts, for the reasons I've listed above.

Edited by Pope Flick

Guys the public is fed misinformation by the government all the time, but there's only outrage when certain people do it.

Do you really think that the polticians and people in the media pushing this story care at all about the people that were killed, or in doing the right thing? As opposed to using it solely to discredit Obama as a political move for the election?

Watergate = deliberate wrong acts, followed up by a massive coverup

Benghazi incident = perceived wrong doing, perceived coverup, etc.

I think that some of us just feel that the right is jumping to a whole bunch of conclusions, and have no real evidence of any wrong doing. I'm not saying Obama is perfect and that the administration couldn't have handled this better. I just don't by the extreme spin on the story being applied by some.

Guys the public is fed misinformation by the government all the time, but there's only outrage when certain people do it.

Do you really think that the polticians and people in the media pushing this story care at all about the people that were killed, or in doing the right thing? As opposed to using it solely to discredit Obama as a political move for the election?

Watergate = deliberate wrong acts, followed up by a massive coverup

Benghazi incident = perceived wrong doing, perceived coverup, etc.

I think that some of us just feel that the right is jumping to a whole bunch of conclusions, and have no real evidence of any wrong doing. I'm not saying Obama is perfect and that the administration couldn't have handled this better. I just don't by the extreme spin on the story being applied by some.

Interesting, Watergate was a story prior to the election. Once the full story broke it resulted in resignation. Hard to buy your linkage given at one point Watergate was also perceived wrong doing and a perceived coverup. It almost sounds like you are making the same case to come clean ASAP.

We don't need another Watergate but once it became apparent this was something completely different than what was sold and now some 6 weeks post, we actually deserve at minimum a preliminary report. That is not happening and the Administration already is well aware of all facts surrounding this terrorist attack.

Yes the government hides things but eventually once the information is out there then it is on them to come clean or explain the situation. Until that happens it will be big news. Like any story, they can evolve quickly but yes a big part of it was 4 people died and the explanation around those deaths have been less than adequate. Not all are so jaded and actually believe the government has an obligation to be transparent. After all, that was a central tenant of Obama's campaign just a few years ago. This is anything but at this point.

The next phase of this will center on why such a CIA presence.

This will probably evolve into arms trading sooner or later given the conflict in Syria and the desire to get weapons out but that is speculation. There seems to be an awful lot of dirt around this and answers are very slow in coming.

My view is a little different; The outrage comes when one is caught hiding information or misdirecting the public. Obviously, the died in the wool surrogates will defend; Why is an interesting case study but a different topic.

Edited by Ice1

I am not a Bush lover.

A couple simple questions...

1. Do you think that when the admin said that this was a spontaneous event spurred by a video that they really thought that was the cause and what what happened?

2. If your answer to #1 is no - you are OK with them feeding the American public false information?

I think the administration initially believed this was linked to the video. I mean look at what was going on in the middle east at the time. There were multiple protests in various countries regarding the video. These protests occured at US embassys. There WAS A PROTEST regarding the video outside the US embassy in Libya, and the terrorists used this protest as cover to launch their attacks.... So, I think the administration's initial response that this attack may have been linked to the protest was legit. I mean, you have the former Secretary of State under Bush defending the administration's initial response and emphasizing that the "fog of war" often leads to mistakes and faulty intel.

So in short, I would answer your first question with a yes. But let me ask you a question. If the circumstances in the middle east and Lybia were as I stated, are you really blaming the administration for initially believing that the attacks were linked to protests of the video?

I think the administration initially believed this was linked to the video. I mean look at what was going on in the middle east at the time. There were multiple protests in various countries regarding the video. These protests occured at US embassys. There WAS A PROTEST regarding the video outside the US embassy in Libya, and the terrorists used this protest as cover to launch their attacks.... So, I think the administration's initial response that this attack may have been linked to the protest was legit. I mean, you have the former Secretary of State under Bush defending the administration's initial response and emphasizing that the "fog of war" often leads to mistakes and faulty intel.

So in short, I would answer your first question with a yes. But let me ask you a question. If the circumstances in the middle east and Lybia were as I stated, are you really blaming the administration for initially believing that the attacks were linked to protests of the video?

I will just say that you should check the facts. The highlighted statement is not factual if you are referring to the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

There was no protest, only an attack. The word initially is key as they were selling this story 5 days post the attack and beyond.

Here is a decent timeline link. Obviously, it raises lots of questions of who actually knew what when but as information has evolved it is obvious the government had much more real time information than they let on.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

Here is a decent timeline link. Obviously, it raises lots of questions of who actually knew what when but as information has evolved it is obvious the government had much more real time information than they let on.

Actually, that was a real helpful link. Thanks for posting something with credible reference, rather than opinions of a radio program caller or spurious dialogue from family members about a situation.

Actually, that was a real helpful link. Thanks for posting something with credible reference, rather than opinions of a radio program caller or spurious dialogue from family members about a situation.

+1, didn't have time to finish reading it now, but looked very informative and credible

Edited by stevegrab