[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marcus Lattimore's knee/leg is ruined

Tford

The fantasy RB crop for next year took a big hit today, Marcus Lattimore's knee/leg got messed up pretty bad against Tennessee.

The video in the link isn't for the faint of heart.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8558189/marcus-lattimore-south-carolina-gamecocks-rb-indefinitely-seriously-injuring-right-knee

ACL injury last year. Brutal injury this year. For a kid thought to be the among the best available RB this year, what a way to go down....

That is horrible such bad luck for this kid the broken femur would be nearly as hard to come back as all the ligaments being torn you would think that he has a long road ahead to try and come back but McGahees injury was bad as well he didn't have the broken femur of course either.

Best of luck to him he seems to be a great kid very well liked

After looking at he injury again it almost has the look of that horrible injury Napoleon McCallum got all those years ago that was horrific and I would not say that was far off it seriously good luck to the guy he is going to need it

Edited by half_hennessy

That is horrible such bad luck for this kid the broken femur would be nearly as hard to come back as all the ligaments being torn you would think that he has a long road ahead to try and come back but McGahees injury was bad as well he didn't have the broken femur of course either.

Best of luck to him he seems to be a great kid very well liked

After looking at he injury again it almost has the look of that horrible injury Napoleon McCallum got all those years ago that was horrific and I would not say that was far off it seriously good luck to the guy he is going to need it

Lots of guys are comparing his situation to McGahee. McGahee tore three ligaments but didn't break a bone if I recall correctly. He also still got drafted in the first round that same year.

No McCallums would be a closer comparison and he basically didn't play again the femur is a bad bone to break and he looked like he did it bad off memory I think McCallum tore his entire knee up broke the femur and ruptured the femural artery and may have even dislocated a hip.

I already had McGahees name typed earlier and it is a pain in the ass to go back and edit it on my phone that was why I added McCallums name in at the end if you have never seen look it up on YouTube it was horrible

That was one of the more gruesome things I've ever seen.

Kid is really lucky that he didn't break anything, just torn ligaments, because there were early reports even talking about potential amputation if he wrecked it bad enough. With no breaks, it looks like he could be surgery away from being back to his old self.

BTW, someone could get a real steal if this affects his draft stock... Or alternatively, they could get a Danario Alexander whose knees are held together by duct tape after adding taking a beating in the NFL.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

No McCallums would be a closer comparison and he basically didn't play again the femur is a bad bone to break and he looked like he did it bad off memory I think McCallum tore his entire knee up broke the femur and ruptured the femural artery and may have even dislocated a hip.

I already had McGahees name typed earlier and it is a pain in the ass to go back and edit it on my phone that was why I added McCallums name in at the end if you have never seen look it up on YouTube it was horrible

I always point to McCallum's injury as the worst I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...