[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurricane Sandy

Easy n Dirty

Pretty quiet in Maryland right now weather wise...mad rush in grocery and hardware stores been going on all weekend though. 200 generators were sold out in 1.5 hours at Home Depot Saturday morning.

I dont think Sandy is suppose to effect the DC/Baltimore/Philly region until Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Edited by Return Of S&B

I try to remind myself, year after year, not to get too cute when it comes to things like weather. If it was an obvious all out hurricane, obviously it might be different, but this is sort of a fringe weather problem in Philly today, could be messy, might not be ...

I've got Matty Ice & Julio and the fact is playing Stafford & Brandon Lloyd as an alternative just doesn't give me any sort of comfort or confidence. I would rather lose a game with my studs in the lineup and "potentially" better scores on my bench, than lose the game with backups in and see my studs on my bench turn in solid performances.

You dance with the one that brought ya!

At this point, all reports indicate rain showers and winds between 0-18mph in the afternoon. I would not shy away from my skill players unless I had other outstanding stud alternatives. I would, however, consider alternate kickers playing in domes or safe weather today over guys trying to kick in this mess.

Over the years I have changed some lineups based on ominous forecasts and its usually backfired on me. So now I leave 'em alone unless I see some pre-game coverage that basically shows its close to unplayable conditions in the stadium. I will fully admit to being a little nervous today that the weather may depress the stats of some of my players, though. Hopefully, that is not the case :unsure:

Bigger issue is the folks in the storm's path. Wishing safety and minimal damage to everyone out there.

Anyone have any Philly updates? I have Matt Bryant but can switch him for Akers. Akers is going up against my Defense so would rather use Bryant.

Thanks -

Never understood this logic - or lack thereof. What difference does it make if your kicker is going up against your defense? Start the players you think will score the most points.

And heck, if "your" defense holds your kicker's team, that's actually good on two levels: less points against your defense and more points for your kicker.

:shrug:

I'm playing Ryan in all three leagues I have him in.

I'm playing Julio in the one league I own him. He had a beastly, short yardage PPR game this year. Short yardage throws may be the word of the day here.

I'm benching Bryant for Hauschka.

And the bad weather makes me feel better about picking up Miami D as a bye week filler. Or I could go get Cleveland.....