[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Megatron

Rileyrott

Hands down the reason my team is 2-5 vs 5-2. Lost three close games and will lose this week as well. He's probably not droppable, but he will be on my bench unless he has a creampuff matchup. Would have been better starting either of my two bench guys, K Wright or D Avery.

Sorry guys, my fault. I drafted him 10th overall pick in a non ppr league. Probably why he sucks this year.

Nope it is the Madden curse...he is still having a decent year by most WR standards but not by Megatron standards...not even he can overcome the curse.

KO'd

Just traded Doug Martin for Megatron. Sixth round pick for a first round guy. I'm not sure I got the better of the deal

You didn't, I wish I could get Doug Martin for him, my league has not been receptive to any of my trade offers trying to unload him. Need him to have a monster game first to peak interest for him..... :kicksrock:

Not sure what is going on, watched the Lions game yesterday and they just don't seem to throw to him for large chunks of the game. Then he's finally open for a play or two (or they remember they have this great weapon) and he gets a few passes. Where are the fades in the EZ for some TD chances?

He killed me last week when I needed about 7 points and he got 3, considered sitting him for Lance Moore this week but didn't. Cecil Shorts was on my bench and scored enough to get me the win had he started instead of Megatron.

I cannot really see sitting him, and he just isn't tradeable for good value, not even in keeper leagues.

Certainly a big part of my 2-5 start (along with a below average Fitz and Rivers).

Still surprised? :razz:

I expected a bit more from JCharles. I will just keep slapping my forehead this season.

ETA - I have never seen a season like this as far as trying to start the right guys. I know its not a science, but damn. I know its not much with my 2-6 , but if werent for the Huddle, I think I would be win-less.

Edited by Joessfl

I'm a big Megatron fan, but I am genuinely concerned about the number of drops he's had. Yes he's getting double/triple teamed at times, and yes Stafford has had his struggles, but Calvin is also dropping balls when the opportunity is there. Something is amiss.

Edited by nelsosi

bum knee. semi-bad team. He carried me last year but thank god he hasn't hurt anything but my feelings so far this year. I am lucky that he hasn't cost me a V. I've had Stafford on the bench for weeks now. Not what I expected this year. If he can't plant on that knee then that is probably why he isn't getting the red zone targets. Arrrrrgg. Has he been playing decoy all year? If so it hasn't worked so well for Detroit.

The play of Young will help Megatron when he recovers from injury.

I'm not sure what happen to DET from last season to this season. I really thought they would have continued to improve and be a real threat in the North.

I picked up Young hoping he continues. Dropped Floyd in SDC is just not cutting it. SDC is another team that played well last year, but is totally falling apart.

I'm just as frustrated. I have both Fitz and Nelson. My team just hasn't been hitting on all cylinders. I traded Reggie Bush and Bowe for Megatron around week 3, but things just haven't worked out. Luckily, I've squeaked out a couple of wins. On paper, my team should be undefeated. This year has been a weird one for sure.

Stick in there. Matthew Stafford showed signs of life last week. Calvin has been dropping a few balls but don't expect that to continue long term. Stafford looks like his passes are more crisp and on target. CJ will have a big week soon. Bank on it.

Stick in there. Matthew Stafford showed signs of life last week. Calvin has been dropping a few balls but don't expect that to continue long term. Stafford looks like his passes are more crisp and on target. CJ will have a big week soon. Bank on it.

That may be true but struggling with 3-5 points those other weeks is the problem. That is 2 in a row now, and 3 of his last 4 games with 5 points or less (1pt/10 yards, 6pt/TD no PPR). First 3 games were not bad, 11-9-22, but since then only one game had decent stats (13 vs PHI).

I've lost 2 games the past 2 weeks by 3 & 4 points, an average day by Calvin and I win those games. He isn't the only player on my team underperforming, but he was supposed to be part of a strong WR core (with Fitz and Dem Thomas), and just hasn't produced.