[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Random thoughts on the day...

Skilly

I rarely post any more, but when I do, I like to offer up thought provoking nuggets such as these:

1. Does anyone think having a game played in London is a good idea? Is it ever a decent game? I don't think so.

2. Matt Stafford looks idiotic wearing his hat backwards. Grow up dude.

3. The Jets are still the same old Jets. It's comforting, in a way.

4. I think the Cowboys may end up looking for a new coach next year. That team is way too inconsistent.

5. Russell Wilson is easy to root for. That guy just makes plays, and seems to be a great guy to boot. Great touch on his passes.

6. Mike Vick's best days are behind him. Time to move on Eagles.

7. Cam Newton has very poor accuracy on his short to intermediate passes. What the hell happened to that guy from last year?

8. Finally, I really, really love the RedZone channel. It is the best idea since instant replay. :-)

8a. Also, I really hope hurricane Sandy holds off until after the Broncos/Saints game tonight. Don't want the power to go out.

I rarely post any more, but when I do, I like to offer up thought provoking nuggets such as these:

1. Does anyone think having a game played in London is a good idea? Is it ever a decent game? I don't think so.

4. I think the Cowboys may end up looking for a new coach next year. That team is way too inconsistent.

5. Russell Wilson is easy to root for. That guy just makes plays, and seems to be a great guy to boot. Great touch on his passes.

7. Cam Newton has very poor accuracy on his short to intermediate passes. What the hell happened to that guy from last year?

8. Finally, I really, really love the RedZone channel. It is the best idea since instant replay. :-)

8a. Also, I really hope hurricane Sandy holds off until after the Broncos/Saints game tonight. Don't want the power to go out.

1. They already have rugby. No need for the NFL.

2. If he throws TD's, he can wear his hat any way he wants.

3. Yes, yes they are.

4. Barring a Superbowl, there will be a new coach in Dallas next year.

5. He is only good when my opponent starts him (this week). I cannot root for him.

6. Agreed, Vick needs to go. I don't like the Eagles so if he wants to stay .... ???

7. Defenses has an offseason to prep for him. He will be better next year.

8. Redzone is a "must-have" in every household.

8a. I refuse to fear a hurricane named "Sandy"

I understand why people say no, but I will say yes because othervise there is no way I would ever get to attend a NFL game, nor would the majority of the European fan base (we actually do exist :D )

What I don't get is why they insist on having both games in London next year. Have the other game somewhere else in Europe. I would prefer Germany since it is located very central in Europe and very close to a lot of other countries. I don't know if the NFL thinks all 84004 people at the game were from London or England, but it sure seems that way.

I understand why people say no, but I will say yes because othervise there is no way I would ever get to attend a NFL game, nor would the majority of the European fan base (we actually do exist :D )

What I don't get is why they insist on having both games in London next year. Have the other game somewhere else in Europe. I would prefer Germany since it is located very central in Europe and very close to a lot of other countries. I don't know if the NFL thinks all 84004 people at the game were from London or England, but it sure seems that way.

What prevents you from attending an NFL game in the US. The same argument could be made for NFL fans in Asia, South America, Africa, etc. Heck NFL fans in Hawaii or Alaska or even Canada have a hard time attending a game as well, so we should play some games there.

Since there are only 8 home games a year for an NFL team, I think those games should be played in their HOME city, in front of their HOME fans. Not in Toronto, London, Mexico City, China or anywhere else. Let them hold a preseason game in those places if they want to see an NFL game. That would save the season ticket holders from having to purchase a ticket for a worthless game.

What prevents you from attending an NFL game in the US. The same argument could be made for NFL fans in Asia, South America, Africa, etc. Heck NFL fans in Hawaii or Alaska or even Canada have a hard time attending a game as well, so we should play some games there.

Since there are only 8 home games a year for an NFL team, I think those games should be played in their HOME city, in front of their HOME fans. Not in Toronto, London, Mexico City, China or anywhere else. Let them hold a preseason game in those places if they want to see an NFL game. That would save the season ticket holders from having to purchase a ticket for a worthless game.

I know you don't understand how other people work (or was it people in general including yourself?), but I think you owe us all to at least try to work on it instead of just giving up completely. Maybe one day you might actually contribute to something here at the Huddle.

• Like 1

I know you don't understand how other people work (or was it people in general including yourself?), but I think you owe us all to at least try to work on it instead of just giving up completely. Maybe one day you might actually contribute to something here at the Huddle.

So no comment to my point, just some blah-blah-blah about me and my contributions at the huddle.

You seem to feel that the NFL should play games in London, because it is the only way that NFL fans in Europe can attend a game. I disagree and think that all sports (but particularly NFL games with only 8 home games) should be played in their HOME city/stadium. I know people who are big fans of a sport, and travel several hundred miles, or even to a different country to seem. So I'm not buying your "its the only way I can see an NFL game". I've traveled from my home to Indy, Birmingham AL and CA to see motorcycle races that I cannot see close to home.

:rofl::clap:

1. London Games, I'll put it like this. I think the Pro Bowl should be played in other countries or in London that way they get to see the best players the NFL have to offer instead of (The Rams).

2. Matt Stafford is a grown man. Capable of making his own dressing decisions.

3. The Jets are like the Cowboys relying on a wannabe QB and are inconsistent. Their play doesn't back their hype.

4. Agreed, but who? Too much pressure especially with Jerry there.

5. Agreed but I favor Flynn if you actually want to get serious about winning SB's. Wilson is a good feel good cheer and drives ratings.

6. I disagree, coach, offensive playcalling & his defense have let him down oh and his offensive line.

7. Agree, only reason he succeeded last year was due to lockout, just like Tebow. Once tape got out and everything was exposed full lockout year, everything that was a surprise last year and dazzled now is ineffective and fizzled.

8. Thanks for the Redzone channel I have to see if Direct TV offers.

8a. Hope your staying safe from Sandy. That's a strong a resilient B****.

1. London Games, I'll put it like this. I think the Pro Bowl should be played in other countries or in London that way they get to see the best players the NFL have to offer instead of (The Rams).

I'm not sure I'd subject anyone, North Korea included, to the farce that is the Pro Bowl.

2. Matt Stafford is a grown man. Capable of making his own dressing decisions.

Griffey wore his hat backwards a lot. He was just a big kid having fun. I'd like to think Stafford is too. (Even though the dick just beat my Seahawks...)

3. The Jets are like the Cowboys relying on a wannabe QB and are inconsistent. Their play doesn't back their hype.

Romo is so far from being a wannabe QB. If you were to take a poll of active/former NFL coaches and players you'd find all this Romo being rated the most overrated and most hated by fans crap is just that, ignorant, unjust bull honkey. The people that know football most respect him and his play. You want an overrated, wannabe player, look no father than Dez Bryant, who does more harm to Romo than help.

Holmgren has always wanted to coach the Cowboys, maybe even enough to let Jerry continue to play GM. But I think he takes a coaching job in New York, cause his real goal is to be the NFL comissioner someday.

5. Agreed but I favor Flynn if you actually want to get serious about winning SB's. Wilson is a good feel good cheer and drives ratings.

I have to call bull honkey here. You think Pete Carroll is only playing Wilson for ratings and a feel-good story and that he doesn't want to win SB's? Get real. He feels Wilson has more upside than Flynn and is willing to let Wilson learn on the job. To be totally honest, the Seahawks aren't realistically thinking they'll win the SB this year. But they think they might be able to next year, and the years after that. That's why Wilson is playing now.

6. I disagree, coach, offensive playcalling & his defense have let him down oh and his offensive line.

There's so much wrong that there's plenty of blame for both. Their o-line is horrendous and definitely contributes to Vick's turnovers, but not all of them. Hell, maybe not even most of them. He just doesn't know when to give up on a play then he needs to.

7. Agree, only reason he succeeded last year was due to lockout, just like Tebow. Once tape got out and everything was exposed full lockout year, everything that was a surprise last year and dazzled now is ineffective and fizzled.

I wouldn't say everything has fizzled. I just think his ego got in the way more than anything. He tries to do everything himself. He seems to be realizing he has 10 other guys on offense with him now, and he's looked better. There's hope for him if he learns from all this and stops thinking he's the entire team

8. Thanks for the Redzone channel I have to see if Direct TV offers.

I'm pretty sure it is available. Different host, but just as good.

8a. Hope your staying safe from Sandy. That's a strong a resilient B****.

Agreed.

Actually, it's a pretty valid point. I'd not be thrilled to have my team playing a "home" game overseas. It's freaking hard enough to travel from the west coast to the east coast for a 10am game. So now we should play in London or Germany. Screw that. It's all an NFL play to generate worldwide interest so they can someday make an NFL Europe league, something akin to maybe an NFL minor leagues. I can't logistically see teams travelling back and forth between the US and England/Europe for regular season games if they meant for teams overseas to be part of the NFL schedule. Sheesh, and I though Thursday Night games were bad enough. Come on, NFL owners. You're already a 9+ billion dollar industry, don't you make enough money already? Fine, just don't do it at the cost of your players(Thursday Night games and possible 18 game schedules) and your fans(playing home games overseas). If you want to play games there, steve's right, let them be preseason.

Edited by Tripleshot

Holmgren has always wanted to coach the Cowboys, maybe even enough to let Jerry continue to play GM. But I think he takes a coaching job in New York, cause his real goal is to be the NFL comissioner someday.

I'm curious what you base this on, just your opinion or has Holmgren said something like that? Not saying it is possible, or looking to debate whether he is a good fit, just wondering if he's actually stated that is his goal.

To that point, if it is really his goal he'd be better off getting a job with NFL offices as some sort of executive and moving up to the commish job that way. Being a coach in NY isn't going to prepare him for that job, he's already been a coach and GM in the league multiple times.