[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Done with paid services for FFL

zekez

Yes, this rant is a bit in frustration but I can't fathom how off base all the projections have been for my team so far this year. Seriously, I could throw darts and get closer than the two services I have this week.

Rodgers - supposed to be in mid 20's - 13

Megatron - Supposed to be in low 20's - 7

J Charles - supposed to be in high 20's - 3

Antonio brown - Supposed to be in high teens - 7

and on the bench - D Martin - supposed to be in mid teens - 39

What a joke.

How in the hell did you get Rodgers, Charles, Martin and Johnson on the same team?

And be 2-5 (soon to be 2-6) :bash:

10 team keeper (keep one), kept Megatron, Rogers 1 pick Charles second. Big pile of CRAP!!!!

Probably the best I've ever felt about a team, and my worst start ever in almost 20 years of FF!

Edited by zekez

Yes you should use the free services only I am sure they are much more accurate.

My point is NO ONE knows what the f they are talking about, it's all a HUGE crap shoot.

• Like 1

Paid services for Fantasy football really shine during preseason. Customizing rankings according to your leagues scoring and rules is huge. The other big contribution is the free agent pick ups. Unless your a person who breathes football, you can't possible know every teams depth chart. Projections are more like guidelines. Make your own decisions and be legendary by playing that sleeper pick week 8.

• Like 1

Injuries during the game, matchups projecting changing, drops, turnovers, weather, and missed or poor tackling can change even the best projections.

Pay vs. Free services the quality of the reputation of finding/verifying news, rumors, little nuggets of trends based on history of team/players, and projection based on said information. Free usually goes from the main stream news.

The Huddle personnel go beyond any other services out there with their insight, opinions, and projections. They give you the most likely projections based on said information metioned above, but nothing is perfect. The first sentence can easily change or wipe out the best predictions.

If you solely rely on others to make your decision, then you live and die by that info. The info provide on this site is to give you the best infomation out there to make the best informed decision for yourself.

"steps off soap box"

Paid services for Fantasy football really shine during preseason. Customizing rankings according to your leagues scoring and rules is huge. The other big contribution is the free agent pick ups. Unless your a person who breathes football, you can't possible know every teams depth chart. Projections are more like guidelines. Make your own decisions and be legendary by playing that sleeper pick week 8.

+ 1

That said, the projections do seem to be playing for a high draft pick.

I am not one to use a pay service for projections. If there was someone out there that could accurately predict player stats, they would be in Vegas becoming millionaires instead of writing a FF column. I use the sites for insight on trends, injury updates and sometimes look at the rankings to help with a tough call.

Save your money and go back to having your 4 year old neice pick your lineups.

I bet you b!tch about meteorologists, too. Look, both of them painstakingly compile the best data available, analyze past trends, and scientifically predict the unpredictable. Your basic premise is correct, though, if you don't understand how to use them, you should stop paying for FF services.

• Like 1

Can't blame paid services, I would blame your own intuition skills as to not notice when to play and not when to play. Rodgers was missing two of his best receivers, Megatron has been far from Mega this year (blame Madden?), Charles only had that (1) good game for over 200 but it's the Chiefs who are having offensive problems and always coming from behind. Brown he was good but the weather was bad.

Like someone said earlier you have to pay attention to trends, matchups, weather, injuries & situations. You can't blame paid services for not knowing what you can easily observe or look up for free with your own two eyes. Projections are guesses.

Do You believe?

Can't blame paid services, I would blame your own intuition skills as to not notice when to play and not when to play. Rodgers was missing two of his best receivers, Megatron has been far from Mega this year (blame Madden?), Charles only had that (1) good game for over 200 but it's the Chiefs who are having offensive problems and always coming from behind. Brown he was good but the weather was bad.

Can I subscribe to your projection services?

In all seriousness, I did pick my own lineup and don't rely on projections if I have a gut feeling about something (as proven by me benching Martin thinking the the Min defense would prove to be a problem, my call and my bad). I really didn't have any other options at QB, and I take full responsibility for my lineup. Just amazed how particularly bad the projections were this week. I was projected to score 144, got 77. End rant.

I bet you b!tch about meteorologists, too. Look, both of them painstakingly compile the best data available, analyze past trends, and scientifically predict the unpredictable. Your basic premise is correct, though, if you don't understand how to use them, you should stop paying for FF services.

QFT
  • Like 1

Yes, this rant is a bit in frustration but I can't fathom how off base all the projections have been for my team so far this year. Seriously, I could throw darts and get closer than the two services I have this week.

Rodgers - supposed to be in mid 20's - 13

Megatron - Supposed to be in low 20's - 7

J Charles - supposed to be in high 20's - 3

Antonio brown - Supposed to be in high teens - 7

and on the bench - D Martin - supposed to be in mid teens - 39

What a joke.

Not sure what services it is but since you are on our message board...

Rodgers - projected 290,2 and had 186,2 - In the writeups I alluded to happening when a bad team visits a good one. Are you really going to ever bench Aaron Rodgers? You've been getting 3 to 6 touchdowns from him for the past month. He and the rest of the team took a week off knowing they could win.

Megatron - projected 5-60 and had 3-46. That was pretty close. Again - you can never sit him anyway.

J Charles - projected 100,1 and only had five runs for 4 yards. Asked afterwards why he only gave JC 5 carries, Romeo Crennel said he did not know. His last game at home was 140 yards vs BAL. No way anyone could predict that and even the HC doesn't know why. He's been good in every home game. The QB got hurt but I have no idea why KC imploded. Nor does anyone. It happens.

Antonio brown - Projected 100,1 but only had 4-38. He turned in his second worst game of the year when at home against the #32 defense against wideouts. No team in seven games had ever thrown under 299 yards on WAS, No one. Not even TB or STL. Somehow Roethlisberger only passed for 222 yards against the worst secondary in the NFL. His situation was as good as it could possibly be at home vs. the worst pass defense. But PIT did what 7 other teams could not do - throw for small yardage and instead of using WR threw scores to two TE and a FB

and on the bench - D Martin - Projected 70+5-40 so 110 total yards, 5 receptions. Had 135 rush and 3-79-1 recv thanks to a 64 yard TD catch. Take away his one 64 yard catch and the 41 yard run and I was a little high. 120 total yards is a starter on my teams.

Bottom line - All anyone can do is improve your odds. It is like card counting sort of. I may be able to tell you that there is a 80% chance that you will draw a face card but I can never prevent the dealer from popping an ace for himself.

I can appreciate blowing off steam when you lose. But even on these cherry picked players I am okay with what I projected.

Not sure what services it is but since you are on our message board...

Rodgers - projected 290,2 and had 186,2 - In the writeups I alluded to happening when a bad team visits a good one. Are you really going to ever bench Aaron Rodgers? You've been getting 3 to 6 touchdowns from him for the past month. He and the rest of the team took a week off knowing they could win.

Megatron - projected 5-60 and had 3-46. That was pretty close. Again - you can never sit him anyway.

J Charles - projected 100,1 and only had five runs for 4 yards. Asked afterwards why he only gave JC 5 carries, Romeo Crennel said he did not know. His last game at home was 140 yards vs BAL. No way anyone could predict that and even the HC doesn't know why. He's been good in every home game. The QB got hurt but I have no idea why KC imploded. Nor does anyone. It happens.

Antonio brown - Projected 100,1 but only had 4-38. He turned in his second worst game of the year when at home against the #32 defense against wideouts. No team in seven games had ever thrown under 299 yards on WAS, No one. Not even TB or STL. Somehow Roethlisberger only passed for 222 yards against the worst secondary in the NFL. His situation was as good as it could possibly be at home vs. the worst pass defense. But PIT did what 7 other teams could not do - throw for small yardage and instead of using WR threw scores to two TE and a FB

and on the bench - D Martin - Projected 70+5-40 so 110 total yards, 5 receptions. Had 135 rush and 3-79-1 recv thanks to a 64 yard TD catch. Take away his one 64 yard catch and the 41 yard run and I was a little high. 120 total yards is a starter on my teams.

Bottom line - All anyone can do is improve your odds. It is like card counting sort of. I may be able to tell you that there is a 80% chance that you will draw a face card but I can never prevent the dealer from popping an ace for himself.

I can appreciate blowing off steam when you lose. But even on these cherry picked players I am okay with what I projected.

This is why I subscribe to The Huddle...

DMD :bow:

You're just NOW figuring that out?

:crybaby:

+1 to both

And kudos to DMD for taking the time out to explain his projections. Care to explain how all the huddle info told me to start Rivers over either Freeman or Palmer. Damn you guys that might cost me the game ;)

Its a crapshoot as usual, best you can do is guess. Make some bold moves if you want, sit Calvin for Cecil Shorts (whould have won if I did that) and then brag about how your fantasy acumen is better than all the paid sites (well this one time anyway).

Don't forget, its 80% luck, and 20% luck.

• Like 1