[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Done with paid services for FFL

zekez

You should probably find a better hobby if you absolutely ABHOR any guessing. Maybe stitching is better suited for you. Or reading, but books sometimes are unpredictable. I'd stick with stitching.

Cry me a river...

J Chaz screwed me too, but how the hell is that the fault of any prognosticator?

The name of the game is positioning your team to have the best odds of success. Your odds are governed by player skill, opportunity, matchups, stats, trends, intangible elements to the game, and plain old luck. The point of a paid service is that the service provider takes the entire universe of available data and condenses it into a usable, digestible, concise format. For me, that is extremely useful because there is a limit to how much time that I can commit to FF analysis in any given week. I read all of The Huddle's paid material every week, peruse this message board, check the player news on The Huddle, and that's about it as far as data collection goes for me. Then I make my own decisions and live with them for better or worse.

If you'd rather do your own raw data assembly and form a prognosis untainted by the opinions of others, then yep, a paid service isn't for you.

In my experience, The Huddle is more correct than any other source out there.

the huddles rankings are crap, just like every other sites. what is valuable are the preseason rankings and message boards. after the drafts are over every site that weekly ranks players and positions take th EZ road, its always the top "names" at the top of the list. im sure they all get tired too, seems like a tedious job with little appreciation or respect.

the huddles rankings are crap, just like every other sites. what is valuable are the preseason rankings and message boards. after the drafts are over every site that weekly ranks players and positions take th EZ road, its always the top "names" at the top of the list. im sure they all get tired too, seems like a tedious job with little appreciation or respect.

Agreed. Not once yet this season has one of my teams hit on every single player for the week based on The Huddle's rankings. /sarcasm off

its always the top "names" at the top of the list. im sure they all get tired too, seems like a tedious job with little appreciation or respect.

I agree with the above. For example, seems like its a lot easier to pick megatron as the top play than to pick T Young with the reasoning that CJ will be double covered so play Young instead.

Look, I'm not bashing the rankers here. It seems like a very difficult if not impossible task. I look at my lineup and the early projections (from my host site) on my team has antonio brown at 22 pts. Come on, brown w 22 pts?? against the giants? I have roberts on my bench and even though he's projected at 10 pts I will probably play him over brown just cause brown isn't getting the looks and (while GB def is crap) GB will focus on stopping fitz so that should leave roberts open for more recs. Seems like the easy route is to pick the big name, which is fine. Just wish more analysts dug a little deeper.

And thanks for your response DMD, you are a classy guy. I'm not trying to pick on anyone, just being a crybaby due to my "all star" team totally stinking it up all year.

• Like 1

In defense of the ratings systems. The past 3 years have seen a HUGE change in the entire fantasy landscape. This went from a run first league to a pass happy league seemingly over night. I think the NO Saints really pushed the bill by winning a SB on the back of a pass happy team led by none other than Drew Brees. Now you have teams that one week will be 20+ yard bombs every other play.. then the next week come out and run the ball 30-35 times. There's no continuity in some of these teams game plans anymore.

What you have to do is look at what you are given. First the match up is extremely important.. is you stud WR playing Washington? You should play him.. Your stud RB playing Buffalo?? FOR GODS SAKE PLAY THE MAN. Sometimes it's not that simple. You have to look at how many touches/targets your player is getting. If you have an Antonio Brown type in a PPR league then by all means play him.. but in a standard league? Not so much.. The ratings are showing what people like me are thinking the player ha a chance to attain. When I do my ratings each week I look at it from more of an outsiders prospective. Placing players in order by how I think their output will reflect in the statistical rankings. You as an owner need to develop more of a relationship with your player and know how he plays against certain defenses.. (ie 3-4, 4-3 cover 2 etc..) don't leave it up to a fantasy guru to set your roster, instead take what they are giving you as advice and apply it to your own personal player ranking.

• Like 1

Bottom line is predictions are based on stats. If the stats don't play out, well... TS Elliot. You're the coach and use information to coach your team. Expecting anyone to use a crystal ball and predict the outcome is an exercise in futility. Use the info provided and make your own call... I hate threads like this, as it's nothing more than blame shifting.

take th EZ road, its always the top "names" at the top of the list. im sure they all get tired too, seems like a tedious job with little appreciation or respect.

Um, yeah. Ray Rice and Arian Foster don't end up as the top FF RBs by not putting up top FF numbers most weeks. You're basically asking them to look into a crystal ball or make sure they have enough contrarian picks near the top to look edgy.

I agree with the above. For example, seems like its a lot easier to pick megatron as the top play than to pick T Young with the reasoning that CJ will be double covered so play Young instead.

Are you honestly dogging the Huddle or anyone else for assuming Megatron is going to out-produce Titus Young? Or are you implying that that week was the first time a DC thought of trying to take him away and the experts didn't get the memo.

This entire topic smacks of the guy who will dog every suggestion guys throw out for MVP candidate but won't put up a name of his own. OK, so it's not Matt Ryan. Fair enough, then who? Not JJ Watt? OK, great, then who?

You wanna start Roberts over A Brown? Go ahead. I've got Roberts on my team and seem to throw him in every week he puts up dick. He's obviously putting up decent numbers overall, but there's absolutely no rhyme or reason for when it happens. Unless only half the DCs are smart enough to try and take away Fitz and I just don't know which ones they are.

Oh, and the Giants? the team you think it's so crazy to expect good numbers from WRs? They just allowed 3 100 yarders in one week. So, let's not pretend that they're locking teams down through the air.

Edited by detlef

DMD,

I would appreciate it if you explained some of the factors that you take into consideration when choosing which player will be placed on the scoring pecking order. I use the my huddle projections which mirror my leagues scoring system. For the last 3 weeks I have played Reggie Bush ahead of the likes of J Jones, R. Cobb , and L McCoy because Bush was not only projected higher, but considerably so. In each case, it was at the peril of leaving a lot off points on the bench. No situation is perfect, but compared to other services/projections, The Huddle seems to have a soft spot for Mr Bush. Do you think that personal bias sometimes comes into play? Anticipated taking advantage of the matchup?

Another observation is that this may be the product of a "stacked" team. Not too many teams can boast J. Jones, Cobb, Fitzgerald, Bush, McCoy, V.Cruz, and Whitten on their roster. That is entirely due to the guidance that the huddle has provided. Maybe I'm a victim of the circumstance. I guess, in the end, it's a good problem to have!

DMD,

I would appreciate it if you explained some of the factors that you take into consideration when choosing which player will be placed on the scoring pecking order.

I heard he has a trained monkey that pulls players names from a hat at random and then spins a "fantasy production" wheel that churns out accurate results.

All kidding aside, I find the weekly projectionsto be very strong in general compared to other "free" sites.

I use my eyes to handicap drafts & lineups. Since I don't do this 24/7, I come here for additional angles. Not many catch my attention but after watching preseason, I thought Andrew Luck looked very poised and is certainly intelligent, so I thought he may play well and targeted him as my backup. But there was an opinion here that because of this, Reggie Wayne could have a resurgence. IIRC, he had a decent preseason and it was of the opinion that he would be a good WR3 or WR4 to target. The reasoning made sense to me. This was DMD's opinion and he went on to state he would be thrilled to have him on all his teams. Dave doesn't normally share such a strong opinion on a player. I have Wayne on every team and am reaping the benefits. This is just an example of why I hang out here.

I wish Timmay were here, though.