[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Defense

Tripleshot

Weak link exposed: quick, short passes, mostly over the middle. Let them shut down your receiving star, and just dink and dunk your way down the field. The Niners and Lions figured it out. If I were fans of either, I'd have no problem letting the other team shut down Vernon or Calvin if it meant I still won the game. Hats off to them. :clap:

I don't disagree, I still like the teams overall improvement on the road. We've been horrible over the last 5 years (on the Road) and this is the best we've looked in a long time. I only see it getting better. I just think it will come down to how fast the offense improves this year. If it can get about 20% better (which is not out of the question) I think that type of game planning might not be as easy to pull off.

Edited by Seahawk

Weak link exposed: quick, short passes, mostly over the middle. Let them shut down your receiving star, and just dink and dunk your way down the field. The Niners and Lions figured it out. If I were fans of either, I'd have no problem letting the other team shut down Vernon or Calvin if it meant I still won the game. Hats off to them. :clap:

I wouldn't really compare the two games at all.

Vernon Davis wasn't even targeted in a slugfest that was won by the team that scored a touchdown first. Calvin Johnson got at least 8 targets this afternoon, only 3 catches. It was Stafford's best game of the season, and he threw it 49 times. Tom Brady did nearly the exact same thing in Week 6 to the Seahawks, and he lost. So, hard to really call it an "exposure" by the Lions.

A fun game, the defense gave up a lot of passing yards to secondary receivers. Fortunately, the most elite passer left on the Seahawks schedule might be Mark Sanchez, so I'm not sure this is going to exactly be a week-in/week-out thing to deal with.

Edited by godtomsatan

Fortunately, the most elite passer left on the Seahawks schedule might be Mark Sanchez, so I'm not sure this is going to exactly be a week-in/week-out thing to deal with.

Are the Seahawks playing the Big 10 for the second half of the season?

I don't disagree, I still like the teams overall improvement on the road. We've been horrible over the last 5 years (on the Road) and this is the best we've looked in a long time. I only see it getting better. I just think it will come down to how fast the offense improves this year. If it can get about 20% better (which is not out of the question) I think that type of game planning might not be as easy to pull off.

4-4 in a first half schedule that easily could have been 2-6 or worse. They'll have to continue to improve, but I'm guessing they're favorites in six of their final eight games. Is 10 enough to get a wild card (or division) in the NFC this year? Not totally sure of that....

Oh, I still like their progress. If you had told me before the season they would be 4-4 against that early season schedule and in every game they played while starting a rookie quarterback, I'd have taken it readily. I think we all got to expecting/hoping for more than that, with how the defense was playing, roped into believing we must win this year or we are wasting an elite defense's efforts. Given the patsy shcedule the rest of the way, I still think this team can and will win a wildcard spot. But to be honest, I think the Seahawks are still a season away from their best football, not only on offense, but on defense as well.

Yep, this wasn't something new. The LB's are becoming the question mark on an otherwise elite, elite defense. Stafford just picked us apart. He didn't go down the field like I expected him to. Just kept taking the quick out. I don't know that very many teams have the patience to do that.

Mitch Levy on local radio claimed 5 NFC teams are as good as in. Bears, 9ers, Falcons, Giants and Packers. Leaves the rest of us to play for one spot. Makes the Minnesota game HUUUUUUUGE this weekend.

Yep, this wasn't something new. The LB's are becoming the question mark on an otherwise elite, elite defense. Stafford just picked us apart. He didn't go down the field like I expected him to. Just kept taking the quick out. I don't know that very many teams have the patience to do that.

Mitch Levy on local radio claimed 5 NFC teams are as good as in. Bears, 9ers, Falcons, Giants and Packers. Leaves the rest of us to play for one spot. Makes the Minnesota game HUUUUUUUGE this weekend.

Arizona lose today was huge as well. Minnesota game is going to bea whole lot of fun. If there could be more of a problem at wide receiver it just got worse Edwards, Tate, Baldwin and Obo are all hurt and might miss the Minnesota game, plus Robinson.

After watching this game again, I've come to the conclusion that while the linebackers could have broken in on the short passes quicker to save some yards after the catch, Stafford played one hell of a game. He got the ball out too fast for the Hawks to generate any presure and he was on target. The pass to Young for the game-winning TD was thrown in the only place where Young could catch it and Browner couldn't stop it. Carroll said they went into the game expecting Stafford to try to push the ball deep and make some mistakes. He didn't. The Hawks were surprised by his patience and checking down to the right receiver almost every time. Hats off to Stafford and the Lions.