[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL coaching this year.

thekerrick

So this seems to be far and away the worst.coaching year of all time. Here are some examples.

KC running Charles 5 times vs a horrible defense. Pro Bowl back getting 5 carries is horrible.

Raiders refusing to ditch their terrible blocking scheme. They had a good offense last year and McFadden struggles under this new scheme.

Reid and John Harbaugh refusing to use their top tier rbs. McCoy and Rice are grossly underutilized. The Ravens are not and will not be a passing dominent team with Flacco. Give to rice and manage the game and win.

Dallas has the worst time management I have ever seen. Stop giving punts to.Bryant who cant hold a ball.

Norv Turner needs to stop being an idiot and givr Mathews the ball. He has had 2 fumbles. 2. So does McCoy. He is the most talented player on that team. Stop punishing your team when you have break away talent there. Jackie Battle sucks.

Any other teams I missed? Thoughts? This year is so frustrating. Seems to me like ego is killing some talented teams.

• Like 1

Any other teams I missed? Thoughts?

Not so much an example of wasting talent, but I'd been meaning to discuss what the hell Seattle was doing vs SF last week. Not that I minded, being a SF fan, but was amazed at how Seattle seemed to be acting like they were up by 7, rather than down by 7 at the end of the game.

To recap: Niners kick a FG to go up by 7 with 5:30 to go. Now, this was hardly one of those games where you need to worry about leaving the other team with enough time to score considering that there'd been all of one TD scored thus far.

At any rate, from their own 20, they run 3 running plays and a completed pass (of -2 yards), allowing a minimum of 30 seconds (but typically at least 40) to roll off the clock in their first 4 plays. At times, it literally seemed like they were trying to run the play clock down to 1 before snapping. You'd think they were specifically trying to bleed the clock. Eventually, they net 9 yards and a first down before punting after having run over 3 minutes off the clock.

I've never seen anything like it.

I live in the Seattle area and it comes down to the fact that Wilson is not trusted. They trust Lynch over him. But you cant rely on a RB against the niners in that situation. I really want flynn to come in and air it out and give rice a chance and Lynch a break.

I live in the Seattle area and it comes down to the fact that Wilson is not trusted. They trust Lynch over him. But you cant rely on a RB against the niners in that situation. I really want flynn to come in and air it out and give rice a chance and Lynch a break.

I get not abandoning the run. I was just amazed at the deliberate nature of their pace. Sure, run the ball (though 3 straight to start the drive?), but get to the freaking line and run a play.

I don't think Chi is using Forte very effectively. He can and should be full-time feature back. Yes he's capable of getting carries inside the 10. Further, he has been non-existent as a receiver this year which is one of his main strengths.

Only 15 carries yesterday against a bad Carolina defense. I didn't see the game tho.

KC running Charles 5 times vs a horrible defense. Pro Bowl back getting 5 carries is horrible.

This one mystifies me the most does Crennel even want to be a head coach, I'd honestly say no.

I think Chicago is also using Forte poorly. The guy can catch and run and should be given the chances. Its like now that chicago has Marshall they have abandoned their top 5 rb.

Chicagos offense has looked so bad the last two games.

Look at the texans. Great rb and they use him and they are a dominating force. There is no reason the ravens bears and eagles cant do the same.

Edited by thekerrick

So this seems to be far and away the worst.coaching year of all time. Here are some examples.

Raiders refusing to ditch their terrible blocking scheme. They had a good offense last year and McFadden struggles under this new scheme.

Reid and John Harbaugh refusing to use their top tier rbs. McCoy and Rice are grossly underutilized. The Ravens are not and will not be a passing dominent team with Flacco. Give to rice and manage the game and win.

Dallas has the worst time management I have ever seen. Stop giving punts to.Bryant who cant hold a ball.

Norv Turner needs to stop being an idiot and givr Mathews the ball. He has had 2 fumbles. 2. So does McCoy. He is the most talented player on that team. Stop punishing your team when you have break away talent there. Jackie Battle sucks.

Any other teams I missed? Thoughts? This year is so frustrating. Seems to me like ego is killing some talented teams.

Great post, although some of these problems are chronic. Why these coaches keep getting hired (Crennel) or don't get fired (Cam Cameron) is beyond me.

Not sure you can change blocking scheme mid-season, but if you could the Raiders should've done that after week 1. Has any team ever done this?

The bears were trying to throw the ball too much early on if they had mixed it up a bit more it would have helped a couple of the turnovers that occured. The panthers were teeing off in the first half after Cutler with their front four and it was working cause the line couldn't block them at all. At the same time when they ran the ball in the first half they looked great Forte was getting planty of yardage not sure why they went away from it if they had kept running the ball a bit more then it could have slowed down that rush

The bears were trying to throw the ball too much early on if they had mixed it up a bit more it would have helped a couple of the turnovers that occured. The panthers were teeing off in the first half after Cutler with their front four and it was working cause the line couldn't block them at all. At the same time when they ran the ball in the first half they looked great Forte was getting planty of yardage not sure why they went away from it if they had kept running the ball a bit more then it could have slowed down that rush

No one ever lets running backs get into rhythm much anymore. Well except the Texans. Forte can handle the workload. Let him do it!

Your correct Ego is a killer instinct that leads to failure. The Chiefs are irrelevant and are just stubborn all bets that they're tanking. Reid's time is up. It was up when Mcnabb left, needs to go eagles need new blood to invite some fire in the players and make better acquisitions and decisions. Raiders will not get better with the WR roulette and people stacking the box on McFadden because Palmer is a shell of his former self. Can we try Pryor please? Lastly, Dallas (sighs) they're hyped up every year for the ratings. When you believe in Romo and making excuses for a inconsistent WR in Bryant your asking for failure every morning you wake up!