[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So...I've blown up my team

buddahj

Have you ever drafted a team & thought that it was one of the better teams that you've ever drafted??? That was this year in one of my locals. I sprinted out to a 4-0 record & had scored the most points. Fast forward to this week & I'm sitting @ 4-5 (one double header), I've traded away my top 5 draft picks (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Darren Sproles, Trent Richardson, & Antonio Brown) & lost my TE (Fred Davis) to a season ending injury. Somehow, I'm still in the playoff hunt for the 6th & final playoff spot.

:lol: Sometimes this game makes me want to :pullhair: .

Just like my ATAP team, GB. My own little version of the AZ Cardinals, and now I've lost Sproles and am looking at week 11 without a QB. My biggest problem seems to be that I'm hopelessly optimistic. I probably ought to wring the value out of my guys now and look to the future.

Good luck. It takes balls to scrap underperforming studs/quality guys knowing how it could blow up on you if they suddenly get their mojo back.

Your team sounds like my original team, w sproles, calvin, antonio brown, and throw in j charles. If ever there was a bigger group of underperformers I don't know. They are why I am 2-6.

I agree, I started the year thinking I had a monster team, now I'm just hoping for a high week because I'm out of the playoffs.

Years like this I swear I'm done with FFL, but I will always keep coming back. It's a sickness.

Your team sounds like my original team, w sproles, calvin, antonio brown, and throw in j charles. If ever there was a bigger group of underperformers I don't know. They are why I am 2-6.

I agree, I started the year thinking I had a monster team, now I'm just hoping for a high week because I'm out of the playoffs.

Years like this I swear I'm done with FFL, but I will always keep coming back. It's a sickness.

Absolutely!! I should ask DMD to start a forum called Fantasy Football Players Anonymous and I'd be happy to be the forum moderator. We could be a support group and discuss things like losing by tenths of a point, being outbid for a player, losing key players to injury, drafting what was once thought to be a monster team only to have midnight strike and end up with a bunch of under-performers, tough playoff losses, getting beat in trades, making poor lineup decisions and having it be the reason you lose, dropping players who were scrubs all year only to have them become prominent because of injury and then being outbid when trying to add them back during a bidding period, etc.

• Like 1

I was psyched about my team this year, but like the above Huddlers, I am on the verge of getting bounced from playoff contention. Right now I am at 3-5, and I play the 6-2 first place team. If I lose (I am a 12-point underdog according to ESPN projections) I will be 3-6 and in grave danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in eight years. If I win, I am back in the hunt.

But I think I am doomed. I needed Bowe to come up big the other day, and he was just so-so. But hey: maybe the Lions will step up and put a defensive hurt on JAX this week (I am playing the "best matchup of all remaining defensive squads" strategy at the moment).