[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin

fingfootball

:blink:

No wonder we all have such unreasonably high expectations. ;)

I'm guessing Keg meant 8.25 TDs per season, which would be .5TD/game. Still far eclipsing the mediocre 1 TD through 8 games this year.

Calvin TDs over the last 5 years are 4,12,5,12,16. In the year he had 4 (07 his rookie year?) he started 10 games and played in 15, in 09 when he had 5 he started/played in 14 games. 3 year average coming into this season was 11 TDs, and I bet most were expecting something like that 8-10TDs. So yes, while the yardages is good, the TDs are way down.

Not sure why Keg or others don't get that and see the difference between expecting those kind of numbers vs his crazy season last year.

Interesting write up in the Huddle Player News today about Calvin taking pain killers before the game to be able to play. And how the knee injury is probably going to bother him all year. The coaches will taylor the game plan to what he can do, and that could mean he isn't very involved at times.

Doesn't sound like a recipe for rebounding to his prior stud #1WR ranking. Seems like 4-5 TDs would be more realistic, and who knows about the yardage, maybe 75-80 average per game. He's has some nice 110 yard type gams, but also a few in the 50-60 range.

Do you think it's time to move Calvin in a keeper or dynasty for someone with elite potential like a Julio Jones or A.J. Green? I doubt you could get Green, but maybe. No one else comes to mind who would be worth Calvin.

Edited by electricrelish

I'd say that is a good idea to trade Calvin for another elite talent but who is going to do that? Early in the season when people still saw him as the #1 WR in the NFL (or certainly top 3) I was getting trade offers with players like Marshawn Lynch or Ryan Mathews.

No wonder we all have such unreasonably high expectations. ;)

I'm guessing Keg meant 8.25 TDs per season, which would be .5TD/game. Still far eclipsing the mediocre 1 TD through 8 games this year.

Calvin TDs over the last 5 years are 4,12,5,12,16. In the year he had 4 (07 his rookie year?) he started 10 games and played in 15, in 09 when he had 5 he started/played in 14 games. 3 year average coming into this season was 11 TDs, and I bet most were expecting something like that 8-10TDs. So yes, while the yardages is good, the TDs are way down.

Not sure why Keg or others don't get that and see the difference between expecting those kind of numbers vs his crazy season last year.

I did mean per season...ooops

and for the record I do get it, he hasn't lived up to expectations but I still contend that those expectations weren't reasonable ones...you say that most were probably expecting 8-10 TDs and if that is the case then at the halfway point with him just having 1 TD would mean that he is just 3-4 TDs shy of meeting their expectations(based on extrapolating out his 8 games)...but yes I get it, owners aren't happy because they drafted him in the first round and he hasn't put up #1 WR numbers

on another note one thing that I learned in this thread is that if you are in a keeper/dynasty league you absolutely be buying CJ right now as it seems his owners don't know what they have in him.

Edited by keggerz

I read he's been stopped at the 1, 3 times and the 2, once. It's just bad luck partially.

I personally didn't think he'd have much more than 10 tds coming into the year. He'll probably have a huge game or two and make it close. he still is on point to end with 90 catches and 1500 yards.

haha yeh Chris Lilley is a really funny comedian, even though he cops it from many media people about his work. In his show summer heights high, his principal in that was my principal in real High school. So i got to Meet him and even when acting hes a funny guy.

That's awesome! Scooby likes Summer Heights the most and I like Angry Boys the most.

I read he's been stopped at the 1, 3 times and the 2, once. It's just bad luck partially.

Yes, this stat has been making the rounds this week.

The TDs will come. He's being targetted plenty in the redzone.

The only real concern for me is the inordinate number of drops he's had this year.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the Calvin I know...12 receptions, 163 yards and a td....getting hot just when you need him in playoff time!!!! :boxing:

Still have to laugh at the Lions figuring out a way to lose the game in the final seconds to a rookie QB. Something about "playing not to lose" w/ the play-calling in the final 5 minutes of the game. It's ok, the Cowboys are equally inept.

This is the Calvin I know...12 receptions, 163 yards and a td....getting hot just when you need him in playoff time!!!! :boxing:

+1 and that's what I expected from Calvin to begin with as a 1st rounder and top WR.

192 receptions

2608 yards

16 TDs

Nah, people don't have unrealistic expectations for Calvin

Oh goodness, do I have to explain it again!! :wacko:

Odds on Calvin breaking Rice's record? Needs about 300 yards over his last 3 games (vs Arizona, Atlanta and Chicago) - games which are essentially meaningless for Detroit. I gotta think that actually helps him, as Detroit is exactly the kind of team that will try to get him the record.

It's pretty telling how last night is being called a "quiet game" for him. He only had 120 yards.

Edited by nelsosi

Glad to see he's returned to form. Would be nice if he can break Rice's record, but that isn't going to help me since I missed the playoffs. Poor performances early in the year by players including Calvin were too much for me to come back from.

Look at his stats, first 8 games approx 770 yards and one TD (that included 3 games of 55 yards or less). Sure nearly 100 yard average per game is pretty good, but 1 TD and those 3 low yardage games were killers for somebody that had been much more consistent.

In the last 5 games approx 780 yards and 4 TDs, or about 155 yards per game and a TD nearly every week.

His end of season numbers may turn out very good, but the slow start (low TDs and almost half of the first 8 low yardage games) likely hurt some owners. Certainly wasn't expecting the numbers that keg posted, but was expecting more points in the first half of the season.