[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

desperate measures and dependable brews part whatever

WildTurkey

Alabama's still undefeated, by the hardest. I saw where Steve Spurrier said "we" (people who are fans who say "we" about their teams...sigh, another topic for another day) ... anyway, I saw where Spurrier said the Tide could take on some pro teams and compete. Yeah....maybe Bama could compete with one of those pro teams you coached back in the day, Ol' Ball Coach. That team for which you brought Shame Matthews and Danny Waffles out of retirement...for real! Not just as a dumb floated idea, you did that for real! Wow. Yeah, Bama 2012 could have competed with Shane Matthews lead Redskins, I will give you that.

Anyway...1 good beer and 1 lousy choice for your fantasy team, unless you play in a 16 team league and are completely void of other options.

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA: Sometimes, you just need your beer to punch you in the mouth. This beer is hopped as hell, and while I'm not a fan of the overly-hopped movement that has taken over craft brewing and has then suffered a backlash, and then maybe a rebuttal, and a counter backlash...I can say, after 4 of these tonight, I've been through quite a battle. But I struck back, and busted a cap (right off 4 more of these bottles). Easily drunk for such high hopitude and at 7% ABV not a sissy choice, so drink them early and snooze through the late games. And wake up for the main course Monday night, that being...

... the return of MARK INGRAM. I love how the huddle first had the news about Darren Sproles being done for a few weeks before yahoo even sniffed it. Everyone in my league was like, why the hell are the Wild Turkeys picking up Pierre Thomas at noon on Friday? Well at least that was my attempt, he was only un-rostered in one of my 12 leagues. He's going to be the beneficiary picking up the real points. But for those of you unfortunate to not be members of such lax leagues, and with no viable alternatives, such as the guy who said he was going to start L. Hankerson instead of Calvin Johnson, I present Mark Ingram.

Mark Ingram lived in the Tuscaloosa, AL condo my parents bought and then sold to some guy who then sold it to whoever let Mark Ingram live in it. That year he won the Heisman trophy. By all accounts he was a heck of a nice guy. With that tremendous insider info, I now am advocating you starting him in NFL fantasy leagues in week 9. This is the time for Ingram to step up. Sproles is down. Thomas is up. But maybe Ingram now gets more of a foot in the door? The guy could catch passed out of the backfield in college, I swear, I saw it! Before we write off the Heisman winner (he who wasn't even the best back on his team that year, much less the best back in the nation) lets give him one more shot and see what he does when option #1A is done...

I say hell yeah. Take that punch in the mouth with some Loose Cannon and take that punch in the gut by starting Mark Ingram and roll with the punches, baby.

And also, read about how some 17 year old punk boned his teacher who happened to be an NFL cheerleader.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2043964.html

Bet you never thought about doinking that combo when you were 17, huh? Goes to show, never stop chasing your dreams. Maybe Mark Ingram hasn't stopped chasing his.

anyway good luck and good brews. I may be around next week but maybe.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(edited after sobering up. Roll Tide).

Edited by WildTurkey