[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indy Homers: Ballard over Brown this week?

chinatown dragons

Yes, play Ballard. All indications are that Brown will not play on Thursday and rest......... Even if he does play and takes any snaps, he will most likely be limited, and Ballard will get the majority of the snaps!

I've got both as well in two of my leagues and not hesitating to play Ballard.

• Like 1

I actually like what little i've seen out of Carter not that I would play him over Ballard or Brown, but the guy hasn't been bad. He might even get some goal line carries it looks like he's taken a step out of the doghouse. As for your question I'd play Ballard.

I just watched the Dolphins-Colts game last night, and I continue to be impressed with Ballard. They were using him several times as a receiver lined up wide or in the slot. A few times he could have had some big plays if not for a missed pass/catch. You don't see that with many RB.

Could this be their RB of the future, taking over the starting job as this season goes on, or next year.

As for Carter, I really wouldn't expect much from him unless one or both of Brown/Ballard are out.

I think they let Brown walk in free agency. He's got the speed and burst, but not the strength to be an every down back. He also has had some injury issues. If his cap number was very friendly, then perhaps he would be back, but I see the Colts going with Ballard and Carter next year. I continue to maintain that their back of the future is currently playing in college.

Oh well, 5 points, not sure I'd get that out of BGE and wasn't going to risk a 0 (and nobody else better on my roster or waivers).

Still think Ballard was doing better with his carries than Brown, not sure whe he is starting or even getting many carries.

Oh and thanks Luck for taking all the rushing TDs, of course Ballard wasn't even on the field for those plays near the goal line, either Brown or Carter.

• Like 1

Oh well, 5 points, not sure I'd get that out of BGE and wasn't going to risk a 0 (and nobody else better on my roster or waivers).

Still think Ballard was doing better with his carries than Brown, not sure whe he is starting or even getting many carries.

Oh and thanks Luck for taking all the rushing TDs, of course Ballard wasn't even on the field for those plays near the goal line, either Brown or Carter.

Actually, Ballard was on the field for one of Luck's TD run, per the box score/play by play below. Looks like he had 3 shots in a row from the 6 to get in.....no gain..1 yard, pass for 4 yards and then Luck's TD run.

1. 1-6-JAC 6 (9:35) 33-V.Ballard up the middle to JAC 6 for no gain (50-R.Allen).

2. 2-6-JAC 6 (8:56) 33-V.Ballard right end to JAC 5 for 1 yard (51-P.Posluszny).

3. 3-5-JAC 5 (8:23) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short right to 33-V.Ballard to JAC 1 for 4 yards (26-D.Landry).

Actually, Ballard was on the field for one of Luck's TD run, per the box score/play by play below. Looks like he had 3 shots in a row from the 6 to get in.....no gain..1 yard, pass for 4 yards and then Luck's TD run.

1. 1-6-JAC 6 (9:35) 33-V.Ballard up the middle to JAC 6 for no gain (50-R.Allen).

2. 2-6-JAC 6 (8:56) 33-V.Ballard right end to JAC 5 for 1 yard (51-P.Posluszny).

3. 3-5-JAC 5 (8:23) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass short right to 33-V.Ballard to JAC 1 for 4 yards (26-D.Landry).

Ok, forgot about that one.