[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Football Life - Jimmy Johnson

Clubfoothead

Tivoed it. Already hearing it was awesome.

I hated that guy since before he came here. I didn't much care for Miami football, didn't care much for Coach Landry being canned, didn't think he would be any good. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes before he won me over and I have never forgiven Jerry for running him off. I can't remember the last time I was this excited to watch anything on TV...

Tivoed it. Already hearing it was awesome.

I hated that guy since before he came here. I didn't much care for Miami football, didn't care much for Coach Landry being canned, didn't think he would be any good. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes before he won me over and I have never forgiven Jerry for running him off. I can't remember the last time I was this excited to watch anything on TV...

Pron?

what channel is this on and what time? If it's past, do they show repeats?

NFL Network. It's on Wednesday evening live and they repeat it.

Dammit, lost power again last night so I'll have to see if I can catch it another time.

Dammit, lost power again last night so I'll have to see if I can catch it another time.

NFLN also has a pretty good online schedule if you're looking for this program. I'd guess its on again sometime this week.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule

Next replay appears to 4PM Eastern Saturday. Kind of surprised it isn't shown more frequently instead of the endless reruns of Total Access.

Wasn't too into it. Didn't go into as much detail as I would have liked and totally ignored the rift between he and Marino when he was with Miami. In the end, Dolphins really were no better off with JJ than they were with latter-day Shula (a mere playoff team and nothing at all more). There are many types of championship coaches and Jimmy's the type that has an eye for fresh talent and if he can load up young players who have never played for any other coach before, he can mold (motivate - also his forte) them into the championship team. That's what he was able to do in Big D thanks enormously to the Herschel trade (it was as if he never left The U). When taking over the Dolphins, however, (players already established such as Marino) different story (to his credit though he did draft some great defensive players while he was there). As for how many Rings Dallas would have won had he stayed on a few more years? I'd say 50/50 between 5-in-a-row or 4-out-of-5 only losing in '94 to San Fran anyway (Deion still being the difference maker). '96 would have been their last hurrah over Parcell's Patriots with Favre never having won his one Ring.

Edited by n1ttanystee1ers