[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halfway.... how good does your draft look now?

osu1322

We are halfway through through the season and I was looking back at my 16 team leagues (which i'm currently 1-8 and dead last) What did I do wrong? Who should I have pick over my current starting line up... I had busts like Hakeem Nicks, Steven Jackson, and Titus Young (rd 2, rd 3 and rd 6) but everyone I drafted except Rogers has just sucked it up this year.

On the other hand in my 8 team league, I had a bust or 2 but overall the team was solid and is holding a 5-4 record. A Gem like Doug Martian in the 9th rd was nice too.

There any draft regrets or gems that everyone else had this year?

In most of my leagues, I'm still starting the guys I drafted.

My studs were on byes the last 3 weeks in my office league and I went from 6-0 to 6-3. My core is still there:

Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Amendola, Britt, Arian Foster, Stevan Ridley, Greg Olsen, and Antonio Brown. I believe my K and D/ST have switched. 14 teams and only 4 bench spots makes it hard to carry 2 of those for 2 weeks.

In my Local, same story, core is still there, some bench players have shuffled in and out. 6-3 here too.

Cam Newton (backups have switched as I had Cutler and I didn't notice his bye was the same as Cam's) I dumped Cutler for Freeman weeks ago. Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson, Stevan Ridley, Willis McGahee, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Matt Prater and Akers and Pittsburgh D. 10 Team redraft.

Vastly better than my management skills, it appears. The one league I'm in 1st in is the Huddle message board 8-teamer where it was draft-only, best ball.

In another league that I'm all but eliminated in, we did our draft on MFL but didn't use them to run the league. Unbeknownst to us at the time, they run the league, again, best-ball format all year. I'm either top point scorer or 2nd right now yet am 2-7 in the real league. Partially because of bad luck, partially because of over-thinking line-up decisions and botching many of them.

The one guy I went very long on, taking AJ Green in 4 of 5 leagues, seems to be working out well.

Edited by detlef

Vastly better than my management skills, it appears. The one league I'm in 1st in is the Huddle message board 8-teamer where it was draft-only, best ball.

In another league that I'm all but eliminated in, we did our draft on MFL but didn't use them to run the league. Unbeknownst to us at the time, they run the league, again, best-ball format all year. I'm either top point scorer or 2nd right now yet am 2-7 in the real league. Partially because of bad luck, partially because of over-thinking line-up decisions and botching many of them.

The one guy I went very long on, taking AJ Green in 4 of 5 leagues, seems to be working out well.

I keep forgetting about the Huddle leagues. I'm currently leading the IDP 12 teamer. Now that I've said that, my team will crash and burn this week.

This year has been a reversal of years. I usually play 3 leagues. One is a BOTH league. Since it's inception (Both) I have always been hovering in the basement while in the other 2 leagues if I didn't win it all I would at least get money. THe BOTH league always drafts first in an online draft that would run over the course of a week. I always looked at it as a learning experience by reading comments and seeing who other people drafted and then would do great in my other 2 one hr drafts. This year is a complete turnaround. I am doing okay in BOTH league while flailing in the other 2. My most damaging palyers in one league (3-6), Gates, Nicks, Eli, and Maclin. League 2 4-5, CJOK (in the beginning) Amendola,,Gates, Jordy Nelson. Nelson and Amendola due to slow start or and injury. Nicks to me is by far the most damaging draft pick I made.

2-7 a disappointing season. Multiple factors at play, from underpeforming players in my 5 keepers (Rivers, Fitz, Calvin) some bad drafting (Ingram in our 2nd round [like a 7th]) some bad managing and a couple close losses in consecutive weeks. Even with 2 more wins I'd at least have a shot at playoffs, but instead I'm in last place planning for 2013.

The few bright spots this year, McGahee, DemThomas, and Witten coming on as of late.

In an auction draft for the first time. I love my team, but I'm 4-5.

Paid money for Forte and Lynch. Picked up Morris first week of waivers.

My WR's are Cruz, AJ Green, Cobb, and Crabtree.

I went cheap on my QB's though. Dalton has been up and down. Picked up Cutler in FA after he was dropped . . .

TE's went from good to meh . . . Rudolph and Olsen

I gotta start stringing some wins together, but I really like the team I have!

My 6 BOTH leagues reflect some good choices and some questionable choices.

JLA 9-0

Snow White 7-2

Huddle Ladder 7-2

HOT 6-3

32 Homaaaaaarghs 6-6 (poised for a 2nd half run)

Dy Another Day 4-5 (dynasty team built for 2013)

For the most part all of my leagues are dynasty leagues but have a few expert leagues...but with that said, half way is meaningless, it's all about the finish...and when I say that I am talking from experience...one year in ATAP I was 8-1 (all-play record of 177-78 .694) and went 0-4 to close out the season...finished 8-5 and missed the playoffs due to tie breakers...put in my optimum lineup thru the playoffs to see how I would have done...would have lost in the championship game..:kicksrock: ...the following year was 8-1 again...finished 1-3 to squeak into the playoffs and then ran the table to win the championship...

moral of the story: Lots of football left to be played.

Hmmm, here's my draft (auction, 12 team $200 budget)

Partial keeper league also, max of three keepers

Jimmy Graham ($2) (Keeper) -- Although somewhat disappointing this year due to his injury, still a stud and a no-brainer to keep

Jamaal Charles ($5) (Keeper) -- He has sort of burnt me this year, I start him when he sucks and bench him when he explodes. Jury is still out for me on him, I want more consistency

Stevan Ridley ($1) (Keeper) -- Great keeper, no regrets. Traded him off high for some nice value

Chris Johnson ($49) -- Meh, wish I could take this back. Although he is coming around, hard to start him with any confidence still.

Doug Martin ($15) -- Probably best pick of the draft for me. May even keep him next year for $23...

Miles Austin ($16) -- Not bad value for $16, can't complain

Pierre Garcon ($14) -- Absolute bust, although his potential was great. Saddest part is I still have him on my roster waiting for him to come back.

DeAngelo Williams ($11) -- Traded him for Demayius Thomas before week 1 so never really invested in him.

Matt Ryan ($19) -- Expensive at the time, but justified clearly now. love em

Michael Bush ($6) -- Bust, stupid pick since I don't even have Forte.

Lance Moore ($10) -- He's been good but since I have Graham as well, sort of a weird scenario since the other benefits off of the other one performing badly..

Kenny Britt ($13) --Still waiting. It'll pay off he is fully healthy and clicking come playoff time

Titus Young ($5) -- Meh. Dropped after a few weeks.

Steelers D/ST ($5) -- Meh.

Randall Cobb ($5) -- Exploded, great value. Possible keeper next year as well at $8

Jacquizz Rodgers ($1) -- Meh.

I'd probably rate my initial draft 8/10. Considering I got a core of Matt Ryan, Doug Martin, Miles Austin, Randall Cobb, and the three keepers (Charles, Ridley, Graham) for near $100, I am in contention for the championship now

Might as well do the Huddle 8-teamer for fun as well :)

1.04 -- Aaron Rodgers -- No complaints, stud

2.05 -- Larry Fitzgerald -- Have complaints, needs more big games..

3.04 -- Adrian Peterson -- Best value pick, said "I could afford a high-risk pick" at the time of the pick, def. panned out

4.05 -- Brandon Marshall -- Said "Ecstatic to get BMarsh as WR2" at time, savvy

5.04 -- Doug Martin -- "Might be reaching but would rather be a pick too early than a pick too late on Martin." --Words of Jesus/bostonsoxandy

6.05 -- Demaryius Thomas -- "upside of Demaryius is so high its goofy" probably an overstatement, but he has been an animal

7.04 -- Frank Gore -- Meh.

8.05 -- Brandon Lloyd -- Meh.

9.04 -- Fred Davis -- Super Meh.

10.05 -- BJGE -- Semi-Meh.

11.04 -- Beanie Wells -- super-Meh.

12.05 -- Jay Cutler -- Meh

13.04 -- Toby Gerhart -- semi-Meh

14.05 -- Jacob Tamme -- OK

15.04 -- Ravens D-- Meh

16.05 -- Mike Williams -- about what I expected

17.04 -- Gostkowski -- same as above

18.05 -- PITT D -- meh

19.04 -- Matt Flynn --meh

20.05 -- Jason Hanson -- wooo

So basically my core is absolutely amazing and panned out, but from 7th round on I whiffed every pick basically. Hopefully Rodgers-Fitz-AP-BMarsh-Martin-Demaryius can carry me through, I doubt it though

What I thought was one of the better drafts I had in recent years has gone horribly, horribly wrong. None of my guys are scoring TDs and I only have my QBs, PK & DEF (4 of 16) left from my original draft. This team has almost completely soured me on fantasy football this year.

In my other local redraft, I really wasn't happy with my draft. However, this team has pleasantly surprised me. I have 12 of 18 left from my original draft.

I drafted pretty well this year across my 3 leagues. I have AJ Green in all three. Doug Martin, Brady, Harvin in two. Sadly, I also have Fred Jackson in two, Antonio Brown in all three, and (had) Fred davis in two. I'm happy with Lynch and Forte as a RB1 on separate teams, but pretty underwhelmed with McCoy(and Eli) in my BoTH league.

On paper I had a good draft, lots of consistent points. Then what happened was seemed like every week someone had that "one" guy who decides to go off and they have their highest scoring of the year. Would I change my draft, yes I wouldn't have waited so long to draft a QB and end up with Not-Eli(te) Manning.

For the most part all of my leagues are dynasty leagues but have a few expert leagues...but with that said, half way is meaningless, it's all about the finish...and when I say that I am talking from experience...one year in ATAP I was 8-1 (all-play record of 177-78 .694) and went 0-4 to close out the season...finished 8-5 and missed the playoffs due to tie breakers...put in my optimum lineup thru the playoffs to see how I would have done...would have lost in the championship game.. :kicksrock: ...the following year was 8-1 again...finished 1-3 to squeak into the playoffs and then ran the table to win the championship...

moral of the story: Lots of football left to be played.

outta my way, buzzkill

McCoy - Good pick

Forte - Dealt w an injury but still good pick

Julio - Decent pick

Nicks - Poop

Maclin - Poop

Wayne - Great pick

Spiller - Great pick

Big Ben - Great pick

Redman - Dropped

James Jones - Dropped after week one

My team management skills suck. Dropping James Jones was brutal especially after seeing Jennings get hurt. Can we get a redo please? I didn't start NIcks the week he blew up but I've started him pretty much every other week. Dare I start Amendola over Nicks? Nope, I do not have the balls and that will probably be the reason why I lose.

Edited by awahl63

Compared to past years when I had a fantastic run of RBs [s. Jackson, C. Johnson, A. Foster, F. Gore] I drafted before their breakout season this year's draft was very vanilla.

7-3 in main local. Drafted Foster and Martin at RB, AJ Green and Bowe at WR ( since traded Bowe), Matt Ryan at QB, Denarius Moore at WR3 and Sproles at flex (Leshoure since Sproles' injury). Only regret is waiting too long at TE and forced now to roll with Rudolph and Dwayne Allen. Still, total points leader and cruising toward a deep playoff run.

9-1 in main local with about a 300 pt. lead over second place as well. I still have 13 of original 15 drafted.

8-2 in BOTH Cali league in First place with 15 of original 18 drafted

9-1 in another local I co-own with a buddy of mine and have 12 of original 16 players

7-3 in one of the Masters leagues in first with 11 of original 16 players

6-4 in my family one with 10 of original 15 drafted

I drafted Rice A.J. Green and Cruz in 3 out of the 5 and Bears Def in those same 3... Never like to put alot of same guys on my teams but it has worked out quite well this year seeing as I picked in the 2,3 or 4 hole in every draft this year so alot of the same guys were there in all of them.

Decker and Amendola are my favorite late round darlings thus far

In my main PPR league, I had a pretty bad draft. First year in a fantasy league, so I guess it was inevitable.

My major mistake was doing a poor job of getting good depth at RB.

Not sure if I'd take Julio over other players that were available when I took him. He's probably lost me more matchups than he has won me any. That combined with Romo spelt disaster for my team most weeks.