The Huddle on Facebook Facebook   The Huddle on Twitter Twitter   The Huddle Mobile Mobile
HOME FANTASY DRAFT KIT IN SEASON ARTICLES NEWS STATS FORUMS TEAMS PLAYERS NFL DRAFT NFL ABOUT TICKETS myHuddle

Danario Alexander: WR2 the rest of the way?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 michaelredd9

michaelredd9

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

So is this the year Danario finally breaks out?  Obviously, the dude is as injury-prone as anyone so this could end at any time.  But the dude has major talent and the Chargers are a team with a good qb but are missing a WR1 (unless you count Gates).  In one league that  I've been saving my coin, I'm going to blow $900 of my remaining $930 blind bidding dollars on him.  Anyone else drinking any Danario-flavored kool-aid?

#2 kidsgotsoul

kidsgotsoul

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Fan of the:Jets

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

i need as many points as possible for my flex this week. he's a guy i'm debating trying to grab.

#3 Seahawk

Seahawk

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • Interests:Football, Cars, Films
  • Fan of the:Seahawks

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm dropping Kenny Britt for either Josh Gordon or Danario. I'm not sure what to expect from the guy, he can be a big play maker. The thing is the match up isn't good for Danario, hard to say.

#4 Zooty

Zooty

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,116 posts
  • Fan of the:No Team Selected

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Been there done that.  Just don't trust him

That said...picked him in in a dyno and will probably grab him in at least one redraft.  Doubtful I play him yet

#5 half_hennessy

half_hennessy

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,937 posts
  • Fan of the:Bears

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

definitely worth the gamble if your thin at WR and certainly could get hot going down the stretch if he can stay healthy if not your no worse off really.

#6 smithkt

smithkt

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Fan of the:Giants

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I grabbed him two weeks ago in a 32 team league.  Talk about a shallow pool.  Waited to see what he would do the first week.  Played him this week.  Unless he gets hurt he will be my WR2 going forward.  The upside is a significant improvement over Josh Morgan and Steve Smith(STL)

#7 Tripleshot

Tripleshot

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Fan of the:Packers

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

The guys has always showed promise, but he's playing on gimpy knees. He's never been able to stay healthy for very long.

#8 LordOpie

LordOpie

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,695 posts
  • Interests:TWO WHEELS -- motorcycles and all kinds of bicycles. <br />TWO PLANKS -- alpine and xc skiing.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

he was better than maclin at Missouri when they were on the field together, but he has such knee issues that I stopped rostering him altogether. he should've been the #2 rookie wr based on talent, but he went undrafted.

#9 delusions of grandeur

delusions of grandeur

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,628 posts
  • Fan of the:Falcons

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Malcom floyd still looks like the #1 wr there from what ive seen

#10 HowboutthemCowboys

HowboutthemCowboys

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postdelusions of grandeur, on 13 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Malcom floyd still looks like the #1 wr there from what ive seen

11 and 10 targets respectively the 2 full games Alexander's played.

I've been running Lloyd and Broyles in 1 of my flex spots, I put a small bid in on Alexander tonight but not sure if I'll start him if I win him

#11 delusions of grandeur

delusions of grandeur

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,628 posts
  • Fan of the:Falcons

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostHowboutthemCowboys, on 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

11 and 10 targets respectively the 2 full games Alexander's played.

I've been running Lloyd and Broyles in 1 of my flex spots, I put a small bid in on Alexander tonight but not sure if I'll start him if I win him

Was in response to the claim that they dont have a wr1, but if you want to go by that logic, in the whopping 2 game sample size, Floyd and Gates have scored twice as many touchdowns, one in each game. Point being I think its highly speculative to assume that alexander has wr1 value, given the other favored options there, his injury history, and Rivers not exactly having a career year where you can bank on 3 fantasy relevant targets most weeks.

#12 MTSuper7

MTSuper7

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

If healthy, he's a WR2/WR3 guy based on matchup. Tampa sucks vs. the pass. Don't think Rivers will look as good as he did in the first half of Sunday's game again.

#13 Wolverines Fan

Wolverines Fan

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,706 posts
  • Location:Far northern Chicago suburbs in the shadow of the Cheddar Curtain
  • Interests:Huddler since 2003.
  • Fan of the:Bears

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Posthalf_hennessy, on 13 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

definitely worth the gamble if your thin at WR and certainly could get hot going down the stretch if he can stay healthy if not your no worse off really.

+1

#14 Seahawk

Seahawk

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I Ended up with Josh Gordon. I wonder who people would rather have Gordon or Danario at this moment?

#15 hardway

hardway

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Fan of the:49ers

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostSeahawk, on 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

I Ended up with Josh Gordon. I wonder who people would rather have Gordon or Danario at this moment?

I had Gordon but had to drop him due to byes.  Both Gordon and Alexander were on the wire this week and I grabbed Alexander.  Rivers is having a tough year, but he is a proven QB and he throws a good deep ball.  SD has better weather this time of year too.

Edited by hardway, 14 November 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#16 brg88tx

brg88tx

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Fan of the:Texans

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

i just dropped kenny britt for DX.  rollin the dice with this big receiver

#17 bostonsoxandy

bostonsoxandy

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Money laundering, stealing Toyota Corollas, and pirate activities
  • Fan of the:Patriots

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postbrg88tx, on 14 November 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

i just dropped kenny britt for DX.  rollin the dice with this big receiver

Wow, I wouldn't dropp Britt for him. Still banking on Britt coming around for playoff time -- he's just getting fully healthy now and Locker coming back should help him.

#18 Seahawk

Seahawk

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Postbostonsoxandy, on 14 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Wow, I wouldn't dropp Britt for him. Still banking on Britt coming around for playoff time -- he's just getting fully healthy now and Locker coming back should help him.

I dropped Britt for Gordon. I love Britt's upside, but i've become to gun shy and to hesitant to put him into my flex, after I did two weeks in a row were he produced two 3 point games. One vs the Bills awful pass d the other vs Indy which also isn't know for their pass d. That just getting fully health tag has been on him since the Pittsburgh win. Plus people in a tight spot with him being on a bye could be reason enough to drop him especially in leagues with small benches. I also don't like the fact that you've got Washington, Wright, Johnson and Cook to contend with. All that said he could blow up.

#19 irish

irish

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,480 posts
  • Interests:Loving my wife, 2 beautiful kids, and my little miracle, Colin. Enjoy my gorgeous house and be thankful for everyday that I have the opportunity to make more happy memories!
  • Fan of the:Cowboys

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Grabbing Alexander makes a lot of sense but blowing $900 of your $930 beans to grab him is way too much!

#20 michaelredd9

michaelredd9

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

View Postirish, on 14 November 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Grabbing Alexander makes a lot of sense but blowing $900 of your $930 beans to grab him is way too much!
At 4-6 and in need of a 3rd receiver, I didn't hesitate.  A gem running back might pop up on the waiver wire due to injury, but I can't imagine a better receiver becoming available in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

#21 bostonsoxandy

bostonsoxandy

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Money laundering, stealing Toyota Corollas, and pirate activities
  • Fan of the:Patriots

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostSeahawk, on 14 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I dropped Britt for Gordon. I love Britt's upside, but i've become to gun shy and to hesitant to put him into my flex, after I did two weeks in a row were he produced two 3 point games. One vs the Bills awful pass d the other vs Indy which also isn't know for their pass d. That just getting fully health tag has been on him since the Pittsburgh win. Plus people in a tight spot with him being on a bye could be reason enough to drop him especially in leagues with small benches. I also don't like the fact that you've got Washington, Wright, Johnson and Cook to contend with. All that said he could blow up.

Fair enough, he does have too much competition. Tidbits like this from rotoworld make me hesitate dropping him yet, but I also don't have a guy like Gordon on the WW to snag, so to each his own.:

Coach Mike Munchak promised Monday to find more ways to involve Kenny Britt in the offense during the Titans' Week 11 bye.

Munchak acknowledged that getting Britt back into the swing of things has been a "work in progress" after no training camp and three knee surgeries. Britt did lead the Titans with six targets in Week 10, but secured just two for 36 yards and has struggled with drops for most of the season. We still like Britt as a buy-low target in Dynasty leagues and re-draft as a potential stretch-run difference maker. He should be more productive with Jake Locker back.

#22 Bronco Billy

Bronco Billy

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,556 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostSeahawk, on 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think at this time in the season a FF team deparate for a WR would be thankful for either.  Danario has a horrendous injury history vs Gordon being so damned raw and his character baggage.  I think I'd prefer Danario because Rivers is going to throw a lot and has a better arm despite his lack of judgment, and Danario doesn't really have a legit stud WR to go against but does have a stud TE drawing safeties off.

It's actually possible that Alexander morphs into Rivers' WR1 if he can stay healthy.  That would be one hell of a pick up this time of the year.

#23 Crazysight

Crazysight

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

DX is the PERFECT fit for that offense IF he can finally stay healthy.  So far, so good.  Rivers has always loved throwing to big receivers, and a healthy DX is more athletic than any big receiver that Rivers has ever had.  I can't reiterate that enough.  DX was a bonafide stud in college before his devastating knee injury.  He could have been the next Calvin Johnson.  Problem is he's never been able to stay healthy up until this point, and many have assumed due to the severity of his injury that he'd never be again.  Only time will tell, but IF he can stay healthy his latest production will not be an abberation, but will rather be indicative of further things to come.

Edited by Crazysight, 15 November 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#24 Crazysight

Crazysight

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I am cautiously optimistic here: Danario Alexander - WR - San Diego Chargers Posted 11/15/12 1:25am et  [img]http://www.thehuddle.com/images/facebook_thumb.jpg[/img]  [img]http://www.thehuddle.com/images/twitter_thumb2.gif[/img] San Diego Chargers WR Danario Alexander said his left knee, which he's undergone five surgeries on dating back to sophomore year in college, feels just as good as his right knee these days. He has eight catches for 195 yards and a touchdown in his last two games with the Chargers, and he started over WR Robert Meachem in Week 10. Huddle Up:  In 2 short weeks, Alexander (8-195, TD) looks like the best WR on the squad. He's definitely worth a flier for those seeking late fantasy season wideout help.

#25 Bronco Billy

Bronco Billy

Huddler All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,556 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostCrazysight, on 15 November 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

DX is the PERFECT fit for that offense IF he can finally stay healthy.  So far, so good.  Rivers has always loved throwing to big receivers, and a healthy DX is more athletic than any big receiver that Rivers has ever had.  I can't reiterate that enough.  DX was a bonafide stud in college before his devastating knee injury.  He could have been the next Calvin Johnson.  Problem is he's never been able to stay healthy up until this point, and many have assumed due to the severity of his injury that he'd never be again.  Only time will tell, but IF he can stay healthy his latest production will not be an abberation, but will rather be indicative of further things to come.

Whoa.  A little over the top on the hyperbole for a WR, who while showed he was talented at MO, also had only 1 great year in a spread O loaded with guys who performed very well at the college level in a conference very weak against the pass, don't you think?

Next Megatron?  at 6'-5" and 215 lbs dripping wet?  Let's see if he's a suitable replacement for VJax first, huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users