[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews

Darkhorse1251

From the SD Union-Tribune today:

"Mathews, whose absence will be addressed after practice, has played through a sore ankle in recent games."

That's all I've got for now.

I have bought into the hype on Mathews too many times over the past few years. For one reason or another, he just cannot string together enough quality games in a season to be a reliable RB1. Injuries, Norv's crazy schemes, Norv's doghouse for fumbling.... the list never seems to end. I am not going to say "I will never draft the dude again," but goda***t: I sure as heck would not want to deal with the constant questions every week about whether Mathews is worth starting.

• Like 1

I have bought into the hype on Mathews too many times over the past few years. For one reason or another, he just cannot string together enough quality games in a season to be a reliable RB1. Injuries, Norv's crazy schemes, Norv's doghouse for fumbling.... the list never seems to end. I am not going to say "I will never draft the dude again," but goda***t: I sure as heck would not want to deal with the constant questions every week about whether Mathews is worth starting.

i think he has made my 'never draft again' list now ...3 seasons, 3 burns, waiting for the potential....Kicking myself that didn't trade him for Alfred Morris weeks ago when offered. at that point, Matthews had 'easier' schedule.....but, well, he sucks.....as do Chargers use of him.....of course, if i bench him, he'll go off...

Im with ya'll to some degree. True, his season has been dissapointing up to this point, true, the way Norv uses him is often head scratching..But If he can just put together a finish to the season like he did last year I will be pleased. Chekc out weeks 11-14 or 15 last year- dude was beastin'!!

THough, if you arent looking good for the playoffs I can understand totally giving up on him. Its just that all 3 leagues I am in I am a lock for the playoffs (I am a great FF gm) so Im not too upset with him.

Who is Muto. No it is me CoachBobbyFinstock.

Im just saying that I had the foresight to not draft Mathews too early and also have contingencies in place. Therefore I am absolutely cruising to the playoffs and once again a big pay day.

If anyone needs advice, please do not hesitate to ask. I usually dont miss on my predictions (im kinda like Rain Man at a black jack table) and if I am not sure of something I will let you know.

Im just saying that I had the foresight to not draft Mathews too early and also have contingencies in place. Therefore I am absolutely cruising to the playoffs and once again a big pay day.

If anyone needs advice, please do not hesitate to ask. I usually dont miss on my predictions (im kinda like Rain Man at a black jack table) and if I am not sure of something I will let you know.

You can't fool us Henry....that has to be you. :)

KO'd

we're getting off on a tangent. I imagine Mathews will play this week. He's got some decent to good matchups coming up as well. If he can produce that would be awesome for those of us either in the p-offs or in the hunt. Check out the tun he went on week 11 last year. If i can get that type of production out of him i will be thrilled.

Im with ya'll to some degree. True, his season has been dissapointing up to this point, true, the way Norv uses him is often head scratching..But If he can just put together a finish to the season like he did last year I will be pleased. Chekc out weeks 11-14 or 15 last year- dude was beastin'!!

THough, if you arent looking good for the playoffs I can understand totally giving up on him. Its just that all 3 leagues I am in I am a lock for the playoffs (I am a great FF gm) so Im not too upset with him.

Problem is if he blows for the first 10 weeks but comes on strong after that you're probably in bad shape fantasy wise at that point. That is one reason that total numbers for a season can be deceiving, if a player always come on strong after 8-10 weeks that could be too late.

Problem is if he blows for the first 10 weeks but comes on strong after that you're probably in bad shape fantasy wise at that point. That is one reason that total numbers for a season can be deceiving, if a player always come on strong after 8-10 weeks that could be too late.

I agree with you. Drafting Mathews is a risk, I guess you just have to make sure to have a pretty good backup. I have him in two leagues- one is a 10 team league (so i have a pretty deep roster) and one is a dynasty (aslo have the good fortune of having deep rosters). So i guess my situation is a bit different than others,

I saw you on the injury report. Questionable (rotator cuff)

I saw you on the injury report. Questionable (rotator cuff)

I dont get it...

I think he means you got injured patting yourself on the back.

Edited by stevegrab

Let's hear your predictions for the week.