[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben could be out up to 6 weeks...

irish

He suffered not only the shoulder injury but also a severe, rare rib injury which is the more worrisome of the 2 injuries. He's been advised to let the rib injury fully heal or else the rib injury could press on his aorta and kill him. INSANE! Does this news make Big Ben drop-able?

(KFFL) Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's (shoulder, ribs) condition is rare because he won't be able to play until his injury is fully healed. Otherwise, his rib injury could press on his aorta and kill him. Both his shoulder and rib injury occurred on the same play in Week 10, and the dislocation of his first rib is the more serious injury of the two.

(KFFL) Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder, ribs) has been advised by doctors to wait until his rib injury is fully healed, which could take as long as six weeks.

Edited by irish

So who's dropping Big Ben? I grabbed Bradford and Foles and had to drop a WR to do it. Of course Mike Wallace is WR1 on that team so now I need WR depth and can't have 3 QB's clogging the bench. I'm thinking that Ben has to go now...there is just no other way...

I've never known the Steelers to screw around with their injury reporting like some teams and it sounds like Ben will not be useful for FF again this year.

I'd think an injury that could affect the aorta would be one that NFL teams might express a bit of caution on.

I would agree. I know personally I would never want any diagnosis that included the word "aorta" . One of those body parts you really hope to never have any problem with. Sidenote - great word for Words With Friends.

I think if Death could be the outcome of trying to come back to early then you will see him again in week 1..2013, takes a really long time to come off the IR from death..... :tab:

Yeah, plus he and his wife are expecting their first child soon, that tends to change your perspective a little.

Damn. Mike Wallace, meet the bench.

:shrug: I dunno, Leftwich may be a statue, but he's still going to throw the ball a few times. Wallace doesn't get a massive number of targets as it is, so he'll still be the big play threat. While I'd much rather him catching balls from Big Ben, I'm still starting the guy.

Wasnt Amendola's injury supposedly near fatal as well?

Yes, potentially.

:shrug: I dunno, Leftwich may be a statue, but he's still going to throw the ball a few times. Wallace doesn't get a massive number of targets as it is, so he'll still be the big play threat. While I'd much rather him catching balls from Big Ben, I'm still starting the guy.

I understand what you're saying, but there is a big difference between throwing a ball deep downfield and throwing a catchable ball deep downfield.

I understand what you're saying, but there is a big difference between throwing a ball deep downfield and throwing a catchable ball deep downfield.

And I understand what YOU'RE saying, but I've always viewed Wallace as a boom-or-bust kind of guy anyways. So I pretty much know what I'm getting into when I draft him prior to the season and/or start him each week.

I'm certainly tempering my expectations, but I'm definitely not auto-benching him based on the QB change.