[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heading to Aruba, suggestions

nhoops

Hey Guys,

Heading to Aruba on Saturday. The wife and SIL have it planned out but thought I'd check in here to see if anybody has any helpful tips recommendations. There are 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 kids (9 and 7).

We are staying at the Divi Phoenix for 1 night then in a Condo across from Eagle Beach the rest of the trip. So pumped!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Check out the Lighthouse. It's a restaurant ( a little pricey) but you don't necessarily have to go for the food. It has a great view of the sea and excellent photo opportunities. Baby Beach is nice with some areas of shallow water and some areas for snorkeling where you can see multi-colored fish. there's another spot, a natural pool that is also good for snorkeling. Not sure of the ages of your kids, but the ATV tours are cool. If they are too young for driving an ATV, then you may want to go on a SUV tour. But those are generally 3-4 hours and each stop is about 1/2 hour IIRC. Great vacation. One of the best I've had.

Thanks guys,

Definitely looking fwd to some beach/relaxing time. The kids are 9 and 7, so no ATV's but we have heard about the SUV excursions, they are a possibility.

Is the Lighthouse the italian restaurant located at the lighthouse, or someplace different?

Hey Guys,

Heading to Aruba on Saturday. The wife and SIL have it planned out but thought I'd check in here to see if anybody has any helpful tips recommendations. There are 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 kids (9 and 7).

We are staying at the Divi Phoenix for 1 night then in a Condo across from Eagle Beach the rest of the trip. So pumped!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wish I would have seen this earlier as I am guessing you're on your way by now...

My wife and I Honeymooned in Aruba in late Oct 2005. We stayed at the Divi AI and really liked it. Couple things we really liked that I would recommend are:

-El Guacho (Argentine steakhouse. Might be the best steak I have ever had and not terribly expensive)

-Flying Fishbone (restaurant right on the beach and known for scenic/sunsets/etc. more spendy and more of an adult/romantic spot but worth mentioning)

-Jolly Pirates (pirate ship (with alcohol) that takes people out snorkelling. crew does acrobatic tricks on the rigging and there is a rope swing for people to go off out into the sea)

-DePalm Island (kid friendly with snorkelling, beach, and other stuff)

Hope you have fun. We did :tup: