[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foles

BA Baracus

If memory serves correctly he was taken in the 3rd round, as the 7th quarterback picked in what has turned out to be a fairly impressive cast of rookies where 5 of the first 7 picked were opening day starters.

1. Luck
  2. RGIII
  3. Tannehill
  4. Weeden
  5. Osweiller
  6. Wilson
  7. Foles

As an Arizona State fan I'll say I think he was a better NFL prospect than Osweiller coming out of college. As I recall he makes pretty good pre-snap reads and has a better than average arm.

During the 2011 season, Foles completed 387 of 560 passes for 4,334 yards and 28 touchdowns. He ranked first in the Pac 12 Conference and fifth among all NCAA Division I FBS players with an average of 352.58 yards of total offense per game.[6] He also ranked second in the Pac 12 and 20th among all FBS players in total passing yardage.[7]

That's 2nd in the Pac 12 for total passing yardage, with guys like Luck, Osweiller & Barkley in the conference.

I think he's got a decent shot at being serviceable. The speed of the game will no doubt get to him from time to time, but he started nearly 3 full seasons at Arizona ... so he's got some experience to draw from.

• Like 1

If memory serves correctly he was taken in the 3rd round, as the 7th quarterback picked in what has turned out to be a fairly impressive cast of rookies where 5 of the first 7 picked were opening day starters.

1. Luck

2. RGIII

3. Tannehill

4. Weeden

5. Osweiller

6. Wilson

7. Foles

As an Arizona State fan I'll say I think he was a better NFL prospect than Osweiller coming out of college. As I recall he makes pretty good pre-snap reads and has a better than average arm.

That's 2nd in the Pac 12 for total passing yardage, with guys like Luck, Osweiller & Barkley in the conference.

I think he's got a decent shot at being serviceable. The speed of the game will no doubt get to him from time to time, but he started nearly 3 full seasons at Arizona ... so he's got some experience to draw from.

Good post. I think the guy has a real shot to be a solid pro. Obviously the focus was on Luck and RGIII coming into this draft but Foles is no slouch. And let's remember, for all of their foibles, Philly does turn out good QB play from lesser talent (A.J. Feeley, for one).

This week will be a good litnus test. The Redskins will allow for plenty of open passing lanes so we'll see how good the kid *could* be.