[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Hostess...I'm going to miss you!

tazinib1

Twinkies, Raspberry Muffin Loaf, Ding Dongs, Suzy Q's and Lemon Fruit Pies. Of course none of it was good for you, but I sure had a damned good time stuffing my face. I have a half loaf of Wonder Bread in my fridge.... :sad:

Please don't let Mrs. Smith buy the brand...they will destroy the Hostess name.

http://www.hoovers.com/company-information/cs/competition.Hostess_Brands_Inc.56cc90c7c09b7764.html

"Hostess Brands, Inc. Competition

It's no Wonder that a Hostess would show her Home Pride by serving breads and sweet goods made by Hostess Brands. One of the US's largest wholesale bakers, Hostess operates about three dozen bakeries and some 570 bakery outlet stores, and delivers baked goods to US supermarkets, mass marketers, and convenience stores on 5,500 delivery routes. The company's bread brands include Merita, Nature's Pride, Wonder, and Beefsteak Rye. It also sells snack cakes, including Twinkies, Ding Dongs, and Ho Ho's, and other sweet baked goods under the Hostess, Dolly Madison, and Drake's brands. Owned by the investment firm Ripplewood Holdings, Hostess Brands filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2012."

Wow. I knew about the snack-type foods but didn't know Wonder Bread :( Nature's Pride and Beefsteak Rye were under this umbrella. Also didn't know Drake's is out as well. I thought they were direct competition and our saving grace with the loss of Hostess. Bummed.

I know a few local people that have worked a lifetime for Hostess and they all feel that years and years of very bad management has lead Hostess to where they are today. So Taz, I am not trying to start a argument over this one as I don't have really clear information other than what the three workers that I know sure do feel very committed to thinking is the problem with Hostess.