[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry 90% of America

loaf

If there's some diehard Cowpoke fan living somewhere other than Texas, there's a good chance they have DirecTV so they can see their beloved play every week. Oh, but they really don't need it since the Cowboys are on TV just about every week.

That said, who gives a crap about a wider fanbase? How about just putting on the best game? A fan is going to figure out a way to see their team play. The rest of us would like a] some freakin' variety and b] the best possible product.

I'd much rather see the Texans/Jags (at least there's one "good" team playing there) or Bengals/Chiefs (should be a good game).

America's Team... :rolleyes:

:lol: Yeah thats what the NFL cares about. Its all about money and ratings. The Cowboys always draw. I got stuck with the Jets/rams for most of the day. By the 3rd Q I wanted to pour acid in my eyes. Then they switched over to the Dallas game which was a pretty exciting finish. It was 2 bad football teams but exciting nonetheless.

Why are Saints fans so mad that they arent the darlings of the league anymore ? :shrug:

With the Seahawks on bye this week, I had my choice of the Packers/Lions or the Cowboys/Browns - and RedZone.

That said, the Boys/Browns turned out to be a pretty damn competitive game, if you hung in there long enough for things to get good. The first half was enough to make anyone gouge their eyes out, but it picked up after that.

I'm just pissed off in general because at one point it looked like the Lions, Bucs, and Cowboys all were going to lose(which is great for the Seahawks). Then the $%^&ing Panthers, who kicked Buc butt all game, allow OT after having an 8 point lead with under a minute left, and then lose the game even. (Shades of them kicking the Bears arses all game only to lose that one late.) The Browns can hardly be blamed for letting the Cowboys escape with a win. They just don't know how to win yet. But damn, you can only imagine the angst and anger had the Browns actually beaten the Cowboys in Dallas. Now that would have been pure entertainment.

With the Seahawks on bye this week, I had my choice of the Packers/Lions or the Cowboys/Browns - and RedZone.

That said, the Boys/Browns turned out to be a pretty damn competitive game, if you hung in there long enough for things to get good. The first half was enough to make anyone gouge their eyes out, but it picked up after that.

I'm just pissed off in general because at one point it looked like the Lions, Bucs, and Cowboys all were going to lose(which is great for the Seahawks). Then the $%^&ing Panthers, who kicked Buc butt all game, allow OT after having an 8 point lead with under a minute left, and then lose the game even. (Shades of them kicking the Bears arses all game only to lose that one late.) The Browns can hardly be blamed for letting the Cowboys escape with a win. They just don't know how to win yet. But damn, you can only imagine the angst and anger had the Browns actually beaten the Cowboys in Dallas. Now that would have been pure entertainment.

Boys fans that arent wearing the rose colored glasses wouldnt be surprised at all. I love them and follow them win or lose but I dont expect much from them. They just arent that good. If they made any kind of noise I would be pleasantly surprised

Dallas just seems a lot like Detroit south. Or maybe the Lions are Dallas north. Either way, similar skill position talents on offense, but seem out of sync more often than not. And they play down to the level of weaker opponents most of the time. And they usually lose in prime time too.

Dallas just seems a lot like Detroit south. Or maybe the Lions are Dallas north. Either way, similar skill position talents on offense, but seem out of sync more often than not. And they play down to the level of weaker opponents most of the time. And they usually lose in prime time too.

not sure about Detroit's but Dallas' Oline is horrific.

Bournedeau (sp)? played center today, I don't think he ever played there before in his life. Tyron Smith(LT) got hurt today. At the end of the game Dockery (a backup) was at RG and was the only lineman on the field playing a position he played last year :fool:

:lol: Yeah thats what the NFL cares about. Its all about money and ratings. The Cowboys always draw. I got stuck with the Jets/rams for most of the day. By the 3rd Q I wanted to pour acid in my eyes. Then they switched over to the Dallas game which was a pretty exciting finish. It was 2 bad football teams but exciting nonetheless.

Why are Saints fans so mad that they arent the darlings of the league anymore ? :shrug:

Other teams have to actually be, you know... good, to get slobbered all over like the cowboys do.

Still stand by what I said earlier, If I had to make the choice, the Texans game would have been the team I wanted to see & it doesn't look like it would have disappointed.

Other teams have to actually be, you know... good, to get slobbered all over like the cowboys do.

Still stand by what I said earlier, If I had to make the choice, the Texans game would have been the team I wanted to see & it doesn't look like it would have disappointed.

The Cowboys are a draw. They have a hugh fanbase and they have a hugh enemy base. Either way, people will watch the games and thats what stirs the drink in the NFL. I am not disagreeing that there were juicier match ups out there but I believe these decisions are made on fanbase and ratings more than who is playiong better. The Jags are usually incredibly boring and barely score points. It was a pleasant surprise that their game with the Texans was as close and comptetitive as it was. Jags fan base is pretty poor in their own state nevermind on a national level. The Texans are certainly exciting. As bad as Dallas is, and they are bad, they will still always have haters and fans that tune in.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Again, thank the NFL gods for Sunday Ticket.

The only part of the Cowgurl/Brownie game I saw was when Skeletor was chatting with a walrus. And that was on a highlight.

The Cowboys are a draw. They have a hugh fanbase and they have a hugh enemy base. Either way, people will watch the games and thats what stirs the drink in the NFL. I am not disagreeing that there were juicier match ups out there but I believe these decisions are made on fanbase and ratings more than who is playiong better. The Jags are usually incredibly boring and barely score points. It was a pleasant surprise that their game with the Texans was as close and comptetitive as it was. Jags fan base is pretty poor in their own state nevermind on a national level. The Texans are certainly exciting. As bad as Dallas is, and they are bad, they will still always have haters and fans that tune in.

Which brings us back to...

When they are the team that over the years has had a higher percentage of nationally televised games and media attention than any other team in the league it's not difficult to figure out why that is.

Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but when they are all that's on then it's no wonder why they've gotten more fans nationally and/or have more fans that just can't stand them. :shrug: They're not even in the same division as the Saints, but I'd bet if you asked just about any Saints fan who their most hated team is then they will tell you Atlanta first, Dallas second. The reason is not because they are deserving, but because for years, despite having our own team, Dallas was the only game you could get on Sundays if you lived outside of New Orleans direct market. In fact, I believe up until the past couple of years the Northern half of Louisiana still did play the Dallas games.

Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but when they are all that's on then it's no wonder why they've gotten more fans nationally and/or have more fans that just can't stand them. :shrug: They're not even in the same division as the Saints, but I'd bet if you asked just about any Saints fan who their most hated team is then they will tell you Atlanta first, Dallas second. The reason is not because they are deserving, but because for years, despite having our own team, Dallas was the only game you could get on Sundays if you lived outside of New Orleans direct market. In fact, I believe up until the past couple of years the Northern half of Louisiana still did play the Dallas games.

Which brings us back to the fact that the reason they are stuffed down your throat is because of their large fanbase. Their large fanbase isnt due to the fact that they are stuffed down your throat. Guys like bronco Darin will always root for the Saints to be on when his other favorite team the Bears arent doing well .

Which brings us back to the fact that the reason they are stuffed down your throat is because of their large fanbase. Their large fanbase isnt due to the fact that they are stuffed down your throat. Guys like bronco Darin will always root for the Saints to be on when his other favorite team the Bears arent doing well .

:lol: OK, Ted Turner would agree with you.

:lol: OK, Ted Turner would agree with you.

I agree that there are much more talented teams we could be watching but some of those teams dont bring an audience and that determines who goes on the tube and who doesnt. Like I said, I had Jets /Rams yesterday

Buster Skrine is poo

+1 million. Keep holding and pushing the guys every couple of plays generating first downs regularly.

Our full defense (as expected starting the season) hasn't been together for one game all year (and technically won't be with Fujita out). Taylor came back then Rubin got hurt, then Haden out.

Oh well who needs to win games anyway, it will only prolong the firing of Shurmur.

If you are interested in seeing what games were shown in various areas near the NO market you might try looking here

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

That has 2012, as well as archives going back to 2005.

I'm not surprised that DAL was shown in some nearby areas, considering their location and the fact that they were a contending team in recent decades. Successful teams near teams that have historically been bad, will get shown quite a bit.

If you are interested in seeing what games were shown in various areas near the NO market you might try looking here

http://www.the506.co...maps/index.html

That has 2012, as well as archives going back to 2005.

I'm not surprised that DAL was shown in some nearby areas, considering their location and the fact that they were a contending team in recent decades. Successful teams near teams that have historically been bad, will get shown quite a bit.

I'm not so certain about the "recent" part. It's a good thing you added the "s" to that, though, because looking back over the past 15 years New Orleans has been the better team. More seasons above .500 & more seasons with a better record and that's not even talking about playoffs. Successful? I would say that's stretching it a bit.

I'm not so certain about the "recent" part. It's a good thing you added the "s" to that, though, because looking back over the past 15 years New Orleans has been the better team. More seasons above .500 & more seasons with a better record and that's not even talking about playoffs. Successful? I would say that's stretching it a bit.

Wow. I've never seen anyone so butt hurt b/c their team is'nt getting enough attention :rofl:

Wow. I've never seen anyone so butt hurt b/c their team is'nt getting enough attention :rofl:

Last I checked I was asking to see the Texans game rather than the Cowboys game.

I couldn't care less if the Saints aren't getting as much attention. Personally, I think the 'attention' should be equal across the board or at least more focused on the relevant teams rather than how poorly the Cowboys are doing despite having such great players or what Dallas needs to do to get back to winning or what Dallas needs to do to get back to the playoffs or why Tony Romo is struggling or who is dating these days or who Dallas' next coach should be, but we all know that isn't the case. I only used the Saints in their own market as an example & stevegrab tried to throw out the argument that it's because Dallas has been more successful. Well, that's not exactly true, but nobody would guess that given how much they're talked about. I'm happy with the little coverage the Saints have been getting as of late to be honest. They have sucked this year up until the past few weeks, so they really shouldn't be talked about all that much.