[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv..you are fired!

tazinib1

this game against Denver and the game against Cleveland are two of the most unwatchable games I can remember since the Rivers era in San Diego. The lack of talent on offense is scary now. While I think Norv's time is over for sure now, I can't blame him for the lack of talent.

this game against Denver and the game against Cleveland are two of the most unwatchable games I can remember since the Rivers era in San Diego. The lack of talent on offense is scary now. While I think Norv's time is over for sure now, I can't blame him for the lack of talent.

Stop it now. He inherited a team that was a SB contender and promptly flushed them down the toilet. Yeah we are not as talented, but Norv is just not the answer. Plain and simple...he needs to go. And so does AJ Smith for that matter. Why the brass how allowed AJ to keep Norv this long is going to hurt him IMO.

I would consider the Chargers to be above league average from an offensive talent standpoint. The real issue appears to be their total mismanagement of what they have.

Stop it now. He inherited a team that was a SB contender and promptly flushed them down the toilet. Yeah we are not as talented, but Norv is just not the answer. Plain and simple...he needs to go. And so does AJ Smith for that matter. Why the brass how allowed AJ to keep Norv this long is going to hurt him IMO.

Because the brass want the team a family affair. AJ will be gone when the Spanos he's been tutoring is ready. Only reason he and Norv survived last year. They didn't want to bring in a new GM and HC while paying these two guys severance pay for 2 years. Not if ownership knew they were preparing the replacement already. I fear the Chargers are going to be like the Bengals family run business.

An article in the Union-Tribune today stated that A.J. and Gruden are big buds. If Gruden could be persuaded to coach the Bolts, A.J. might keep his job. Otherwise, I think Norv and he are gone after this abysmal season is over.

Edited by Chargerz

The Chargers need to fire both AJ and Norv and reinvigorate the franchise with new leadership at those positions. The Spanos' don't meddle into decisions made by the GM and HC, so they need to start with a solid GM who can make a wise decision on the next HC hire and then immerse themselves in scouting and talent infusion to the roster.

AJ has made some horrible draft and player personnel decisions of late, and we cannot forget that he was the one who hired Norv Turner in the first place (terrible decision). Buster Davis and Larry English were his biggest glaring #1 draft choice busts. His HUGE oversight for the year was not adding depth and "talented" youth to the offensive line through free agent signings and the draft. Sure, he re-signed Jared Gaither, but the dude has been hurt most of the year and has a track record of under-achievement, frequent injuries, and questionable work ethic. Sure, he drafted a couple of O-Linemen in the late rounds (Troutman and Molk), but Troutman had a torn pectoral muscle and Molk wouldn't have fallen so low if he were any good. The O-Line is horrible and is a major reason Philip Rivers has regressed in the last couple of years IMO. Rivers lacks mobility, so it's impossible for him to have success w/o solid O-Line play and protection. He was blessed with great O-Lines and skill players in his early years. Even when skill players were out, he still excelled, and that is because his O-Line was solid with Pro Bowlers in McNeil, Dielmann, and Hardwick, and adequate replacements when guys went down. Now, only Hardwick remains and very raw and unskilled depth.

Continuing on the bash AJ front, he errored considerably in thinking that Meachem and Royal would be adequate replacements for VJax. There's a reason Meachem was never more than a 3rd or 4th option at best in a pass-happy New Orleans offense. And Royal's injury-checkered past has followed him over to San Diego.

Moving on to Norv, he has to be one of the worst in-game coaches ever. How many leads have the Chargers blown in the last couple of years? How many times has the opposing coach made half-time adjustments that turn the game around in their favor while the Chagers don't appear to adjust at all? The personality of a team often takes on the personality of its Coach, and the Chargers lack of killer instinct seems to be inherited directly from Norv.

I like Jon Gruden's energy and fiery personality, so I wouldn't be upset if he became the new HC. However, I really believe the best coaches are the young coaches who bring new life and a breath of fresh air to the franchise. Guys like Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are the types of coaches I preceive as "winners" who got their first Pro head coaching gigs with their current teams. I'm hoping the Chargers go for a talented assistant coach or college coach instead of a re-tread old coach, someone like a Chip Kelly. Oh well, only time will tell.