[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Replacing Gronk. Who to drop?

Rimmytose

So the Gronk is out 4-6 weeks, possibly the entire fantasy season if he goes the full 6. I didn't have a great backup TE since I had Gronk and now I'm looking at Olsen, Dreesen, Myers, and Keller as some of the more recognizable names on the WW.

I will probably pick up Olsen, but the question I have is who do I drop for him? My team is in my signature, Team #2, but I'm looking at dropping one of the following guys:

Boldin (Good for 5-8 points a week, but hasn't scored a TD all season)

Maclin (Barely had an opportunity to make a catch with Foles in the game)

Felix Jones (Murray returning soon?)

Mendenhall (Leftwich factor as well as the RB committee in PIT.)

Greg Jennings (Picked up off waivers a week ago as a possible late replacement)

Antonio Brown (Possibly playing again this week, but can I trust Leftwich for the next couple of weeks?)

Reggie Bush (Hasn't been as dominant, and has been splitting carries with Thomas more and more.)

These are in no particular order. You could make a case to keep almost all of these guys. If you see someone else in my signature that you think might be worthy of dropping let me know.

These are in no particular order. You could make a case to keep almost all of these guys. If you see someone else in my signature that you think might be worthy of dropping let me know.

You could also make a case to drop just about all of them given the situation. Given the other options around/behind them on your squad I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where either Maclin or Felix cracks the lineup so I would probably be picking between those 2.

Of those listed. Felix, Maclin, Brown, and Bush seem to be my 4 likely choices. I will most likely start Lynch and CJ the rest of the season unless matchups look awful for CJ. I don't think I bench Lynch at all with the way he's played this season.

On the WR side, until Foles proves he can produce or Vick returns, Maclin is out of the lineup for Alexander. Brown is scary as well since he wasn't having a great year before big bens injury and now Leftwich is involved and throwing plenty of INTs. I almost have to rate Brown on the same level, if not lower, than Boldin.

I would drop Felix, once Murray comes back his value drops tremendously. I expect that to be next week as the short week this week works against him. Felix has not been that impressive in Murray's absence, and will return to his role as a back up when Murray returns. All your other guys are ? but still have a greater upside then Felix who becomes essentially worthless once Murray is back.

I like Myers in the consistency department. He leads his team in receptions and has had 3 tds in his last 3 games. Olsen definitely has greater potential for huge games, and has a nice schedule the rest of the way. It's a toss up between those two.

Bush may have a chance for a comeback, only because of how easy his schedule is. Felix may be worthless soon, and I don't see Maclin ever being a receiver you can count on the way the Eagles are playing this year. I'd drop all three for players off the waiver wire, but if I had to choose one, it would be Felix Jones

Why not just drop Gronk. He wont return the rest of the season. The Pats will make it into the playoffs and they probably wont risk him in the last game of the season even if he's clearned to play. They will most likely sit him until the first round.

• Like 1

Who ever you end up dropping, pick up Myers.. He is ranked 7th in total points in my league for all TE's.. If he is sitting on your WW I would pick him up before someone else does.. I partially agree to just drop Gronk... You may be out of your playoffs before he is even healed.

Edited by Asmith0429

Gronk is on the can't cut list. I probably wouldn't have dropped him, it's hard to do even with the time table.

I ended up dropping Felix for Olsen and Mendy for Edelman to bolster the WR position. I had too many RBs anyway.

Edited by Rimmytose